No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm here! I'm here! I'm here! Had a short day at work today, out at 4:30pm but had to shop so didn't get home until around 6:30pm. Then I had dinner while watching NCIS.

SyFy was running an SGA marathon today, 8am-4pm, but I only got to watch until 11:30 am since I had to be at work at noon. But, I did get to see Grace Under Pressure. A very Rodney heavy episode.

Originally posted by Alder View Post
    Alder sneaks in looking guilty and leaves a huge pile of hugs and muffins for everyone...edges over to the Thunk Thread computer and downloads everything about the Cloning Technology to pass on to the Tesla Thunk Thread folks...throws a bunch of pics at her post in the hope that it will distract everyone...

Purdy pictures with interesting lighting:
    Spoiler:

Red light = bad bad things happening.
    This one has Shades of Silent Atlantis...wait 'til Raven sees it!

Spoiler:

"I'm surrounded by imbeciles."
    Isn't he always?

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
    Not sure if this is new news or not, but a mention of one of David's projects here:
    http://nerdvana.freedomblogging.com/...es_syfy/39831/
    Thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
    Cool, no rush
    Good...since I kinda forgot about it last night.

OT:
    Spoiler:
    My niece, Carissa, broke her finger today, well, a few hours ago. The first one in her family to break a bone, and she's only 6! Oh, her poor little finger!
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      I'm here! I'm here! I'm here! Had a short day at work today, out at 4:30pm but had to shop so didn't get home until around 6:30pm. Then I had dinner while watching NCIS.
      Yeah, I watched NCIS too. Finished S1. Shop didn't have S2 though
      SyFy was running an SGA marathon today, 8am-4pm, but I only got to watch until 11:30 am since I had to be at work at noon. But, I did get to see Grace Under Pressure. A very Rodney heavy episode.
      I love GUP! That and Duet... gnnnnhrg...
      OT:
      Spoiler:
      My niece, Carissa, broke her finger today, well, a few hours ago. The first one in her family to break a bone, and she's only 6! Oh, her poor little finger!
      Spoiler:
      Ow! Hope she feels better soon

Uhm, my tooth's better today *hugs dentist* But my so called 'ergonomic' chair has put my back out something chronic. Stupid thing *crack* *wince* And I feel really really down tonight *woe*

Glad to see your sig's okay now I changed my location, I might change my icon too. Sig's annoying me, hmm

EDIT: Sig's okay now
      Last edited by x Varda x; 08 January 2010, 05:14 PM.
      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

This one has Shades of Silent Atlantis...wait 'til Raven sees it!
        I saw it and that's what popped into my mind.

Chapter five of Silent Homecoming is now up.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I watched NCIS too. Finished S1. Shop didn't have S2 though
          That's too bad. Hopefully you'll get it soon. Uhm, I have seasons 1-4 on DVD. I'm 2 seasons behind on my collecting. Glad you finished season 1 though!

Me too!

Spoiler:
          Ow! Hope she feels better soon
          Spoiler:
          Me too. Nanny's with her now - mom's babysitting today - so she's getting spoiled rotten with lots of TLC and Chocolate Cream Pie. Yummo!

Spoiler:
          Uhm, my tooth's better today *hugs dentist* But my so called 'ergonomic' chair has put my back out something chronic. Stupid thing *crack* *wince* And I feel really really down tonight *woe*
          Spoiler:
          Glad to hear your tooth is doing better...bummer about your back....sorry you're really down in the dumps. Hope everything is okay today.

Glad to see your sig's okay now
          Thank you... and thank you for fixing it for me.

I changed my location, I might change my icon too. Sig's annoying me, hmm
          Don't get your location but I love the new sig!

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
          I thought it would.

*promises to read both SH/SGA fics*
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

I thought it would.
            I was thinking about giving it the SH WWRT treatment, but nothing came to mind. Maybe if I started it some more.

*promises to read both SH/SGA fics*
            *promises to write them faster*
            sigpic

Comment

That's too bad. Hopefully you'll get it soon. Uhm, I have seasons 1-4 on DVD. I'm 2 seasons behind on my collecting. Glad you finished season 1 though!
              I'm essentially trapped in the house, so can't go any further to look for more
              Don't get your location but I love the new sig!
              Location's from a song. Glad you like the siggy. It's for a fic I'm working on

Pic on DH Daily of Rodney's first appearance in Stargate. They also very kindly pointed out that it's one year today that SGA ended *woe woe*

I'm really worried about the weather and if how it doesn't clear by the end of Jan I might not be able to get to the convention. But then not many other people will be able to either (inc guests) Airports in the UK and across Europe are closed/flights cancelled. Roads are jammed and dangerous, trains are cancelled/delayed
              Last edited by x Varda x; 09 January 2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I was thinking about giving it the SH WWRT treatment, but nothing came to mind. Maybe if I started it some more.
                That could work.

*promises to write them faster*

I'm essentially trapped in the house, so can't go any further to look for more
                Bummer.

Location's from a song.
                Ah. I figured.

Glad you like the siggy. It's for a fic I'm working on
                Cool beans!

Pic on DH Daily of Rodney's first appearance in Stargate. They also very kindly pointed out that it's one year today that SGA ended *woe woe*
                Thanks for the heads up.... One year ago today? *cries*

I'm really worried about the weather and if how it doesn't clear by the end of Jan I might not be able to get to the convention. But then not many other people will be able to either (inc guests) Airports in the UK and across Europe are closed/flights cancelled. Roads are jammed and dangerous, trains are cancelled/delayed
                Just think positive! The snow will clear. The trains will run. The planes will fly. And you will get there!
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Not sure if this is new news or not, but a mention of one of David's projects here:
                  Wow...thanks for the info! I'll be looking forward to seeing it, wonder when that will be.

SyFy was running an SGA marathon today, 8am-4pm
                  Aww...I missed it! Darn!

OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  Aww...she's only 6! Poor dear!! I'm sure all will be spoiling her for the time being!

Love those two epsidoes! And I missed them! Guess I will see them later!

Spoiler:
                  Uhm, my tooth's better today *hugs dentist*
                  Glad to hear!

Spoiler:
                  But my so called 'ergonomic' chair has put my back out something chronic. Stupid thing *crack* *wince* And I feel really really down tonight *woe*
                  Bummer!! I know a thing or two about back pain...not fun!

I changed my location, I might change my icon too. Sig's annoying me, hmm
                  EDIT: Sig's okay now
                  Love the new sig!

I will go over to read later! Yay!!

Glad you like the siggy. It's for a fic I'm working on
                  Oh..it is!! *does happy dance for new fic*

Only a year! Feels like forever!!

Like RiG said...think positive!!! All will work out ok!

Thanks for the heads up.... One year ago today? *cries*
                  *hands RiG tissue box* I so miss that show!

Just becuase I rewatched Sanctuary last night....
                  Spoiler:

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                    Hi Elisa,

Off-T:
                    Spoiler:
                    you'll never believe it, but I watched Tabula Rasa two days ago! The episode where we got stuck with the McKeller re-watch. Didn't do screen shots though. I'll continue the re-watch after the exams. Just thought I should let you know, 'cause you saying you rewatched Sanctuary made me think of it. My attention span these days is quite bad. Hope you're doing okay, btw. Feel free to drop me a message/PM/VM anytime.

*goes back to lurking*
                    Have fun continuing appreciating and thunking DH/RMK!
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Just think positive! The snow will clear. The trains will run. The planes will fly. And you will get there!
                      It will, it will!!

Bummer!! I know a thing or two about back pain...not fun!
                      I was doing some stretching exercises last night and it went crunch... feels better today (there is of course the good ol' 'lie on the floor and get someone to pull the legs' method) Oh, fic idea alert!
                      Love the new sig!
                      Cheers! I needed to get myself in the mood.
                      Oh..it is!! *does happy dance for new fic*
                      It's all mapped out now. I'm so terribly worried about flamers though. I wish there was an option on 'The Pit' (FFNET) to post something and not allow people to review it
                      Only a year! Feels like forever!!
                      It feels like yesterday to me, hence why I'm a bit worried!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...tl_114_251.jpg
                      *Pokes Rodney's tummy* *prod prod*
                      Originally posted by Jper View Post
                      *goes back to lurking*
                      Have fun continuing appreciating and thunking DH/RMK!
                      Hi Jasper! RMK? LOL! RNMK...

Comment

Hi Elisa,
                        Hi Jasper!! *waves*

Off-T:
                        Spoiler:
                        you'll never believe it, but I watched Tabula Rasa two days ago! The episode where we got stuck with the McKeller re-watch. Didn't do screen shots though. I'll continue the re-watch after the exams. Just thought I should let you know, 'cause you saying you rewatched Sanctuary made me think of it. My attention span these days is quite bad.
                        OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        When are the exams? Well whenever...good luck! I KNOW you will do great! Tabula Rasa....hm...maybe I will watch it again!! Excellent episode!

Spoiler:
                        Hope you're doing okay, btw. Feel free to drop me a message/PM/VM anytime.
                        Spoiler:
                        Doing well! Thanks! Same for you!

I was doing some stretching exercises last night and it went crunch... feels better today
                        Stretching is good!

(there is of course the good ol' 'lie on the floor and get someone to pull the legs' method) Oh, fic idea alert!
                        Hm....who can you get to pull Rodney's legs? Oooh...maybe they have to hold on to his legs to prevent him from falling to his death....maybe that leg breaks, or hip is dislocated, or....something! I'm sure you will come up with something great!

Cheers! I needed to get myself in the mood.
                        It's all mapped out now. I'm so terribly worried about flamers though. I wish there was an option on 'The Pit' (FFNET) to post something and not allow people to review it
                        It would be nice if there was that option for you. Maybe on LJ?

*Pokes Rodney's tummy* *prod prod*
                        *pokes Rodney's tummy too* It's so pokeable!

sig by Varda

Comment

Hi Jasper! RMK? LOL! RNMK...
                          I don't get it. What's LOL? RMK = Rodney McKay

What's RNMK?
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Hm....who can you get to pull Rodney's legs? Oooh...maybe they have to hold on to his legs to prevent him from falling to his death....maybe that leg breaks, or hip is dislocated, or....something! I'm sure you will come up with something great!
                            LOL! Do you wanna write it? I was going to have it as a minor back pain fic. I think I'd have Ronon doing the pulling (he knows odd medical stuff in my fanon. Like broken bone setting, as he's supposedly done all that stuff on himself at some point in his 7 year run...)
                            It would be nice if there was that option for you. Maybe on LJ?
                            It's very tempting to post it to LJ first without plugging it, so only the hardcore (ie my friends) will read it. LJ's good like that, because any comments can be deleted (although you can also delete unsigned review on FFNET, I've yet to do that, even the really bad ones...)
                            *pokes Rodney's tummy too* It's so pokeable!
                            *sharpens knives*

I don't get it. What's LOL? RMK = Rodney McKay

What's RNMK?
                            Rodney McKay (going with the first letter of each syllable) (lol=laugh out loud)

Comment

LOL! Do you wanna write it?

I was going to have it as a minor back pain fic. I think I'd have Ronon doing the pulling (he knows odd medical stuff in my fanon. Like broken bone setting, as he's supposedly done all that stuff on himself at some point in his 7 year run...)
                              Oooh...that's sound fantistic! Rodney and Ronon fic..awesome!

It's very tempting to post it to LJ first without plugging it, so only the hardcore (ie my friends) will read it.
                              Well, where ever you post, I will read!

*sharpens knives*
                              indeed!

sig by Varda

Comment

David tweeted daily about doing the movie when he was over in Bulgaria in December. He got back home just in time for Christmas. His connecting flight to Vancouver got pushed back and he had to spend a night in London without his luggage.

Read David's tweets here. You don't have to join Twitter to read his tweets, his tweets are public.

Summary of Morlock movie stuff from David (and a little research by me) -

Spoiler:
                                David tweeted that Christina Cole, Bob Picardo and Hamish Clark are in the movie. I did some google sleuthing and found some additional info about the movie on Turner Classic Movies UK.

Director: Matt Codd. One of his credits is as a conceptual artist on Serenity, the Firefly movie. Looks like he started out in the Art Department and has moved over into directing.
                                Screenwriter: Royal McGraw. I'm guessing it might be this guy, his name is pretty unique. Looks like his backgound is in comics.
                                Screenwriter: Adam Karp.
                                Producer: Phillip Roth.
                                Producer: Jeffery Beach. He was a producer on Boa Vs Python, too. Looks like he does a lot of the made-for-SyFy movies.

Both Roth and Beach are executives at Unified Film Organization (U.F.O.). The company has production facilities in Burbank, CA and Sophia, Bulgaria.

I found a blog entry by actor Owen T. Davis who had a one day shoot on the movie and has some more details about it. He puts David on Stargate SG-1 and not Stargate Atlantis, though. Davis notes some additional people on the movie, actors Jim Fyfe and Ray Fearon and assistant director James Oxford.

Speaking of Twitter, if you do belong, you might want to help David out.

Jan 7 tweet: I did NOT nominate ANYBODY for ANY Shorty Award because I hate stupid fracking Twitter contests! ...Mainly because I never win, mind you ;-)

Jan 8 tweet: I nominate @dhewlett for a Shorty Award in #celebrity because...I am @dhewlett, a shameless self-promoting media whore! http://bit.ly/8N99Z8

Spoiler:

You can make your own category, too. If enough people use it, then it might become an official category. I'm trying to get the #geek category for David. Substitute #geek for #celebrity in the voting format, which is David's Jan 8 tweet. Just create your own reason to put after "but..." Judges are apparently going to read the reasons to help decide the winners.

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X