Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
    The banner looks really good and makes the coming story look really intriguing!!
    Cool. I was looking at one of my older McKay banners and got an idea for another one to go with the Silent Homecoming banner. Being snowed in is making my muse go nuts. Poor thing must be bored. *g*

5 months after...good!
    Spoiler:
    Time for poor Rodney to recuperate from his ordeal!!

Oooh....sounds like another long fic! Looking forward to reading it when you start posting! I've got you on my alerts!
    It'll be long. I like writing loong fics.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
      Being snowed in is making my muse go nuts. Poor thing must be bored. *g*
      Yay for snow! Go muse, go!!

It'll be long. I like writing loong fics.
      I love reading them!

sig by Varda

Comment

First chapter of Silent Homecoming is now up.

Here's another banner to go with it.

sigpic

Comment

Hello all!

I was in such a crappy mood after coming home from work, what with still being ill and having too much stressing out. But somehow writing this made me feel so much better

It's only 1000 words, and can be read in a couple of minutes Which is kinda proportionate to the hour+half it took to write, check and post I found myself laughing too...

FF100 - Christmas

I found another Rodney whumping Xmas fic earlier too (again, very short, yet satisfying)

Merry Christmas, Doctor McKay
          It's common knowledge throughout Atlantis that Doctor Rodney McKay dislikes the festive season. Doesn't he?
          Last edited by x Varda x; 24 December 2009, 01:54 PM.
          McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

First chapter of Silent Homecoming is now up.
            Already read and posted my review! Loved it!

Here's another banner to go with it.

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a...ingbanner2.jpg
            Nice!

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
            Hello all!
            Hi Varda!

I was in such a crappy mood after coming home from work, what with still being ill and having too much stressing out. But somehow writing this made me feel so much better
            Glad you feel a little better after posting here!

It's only 1000 words, and can be read in a couple of minutes Which is kinda proportionate to the hour+half it took to write, check and post I found myself laughing too...

FF100 - Christmas
            Already read your fic and posted a review! Loved it!

I found another Rodney whumping Xmas fic earlier too (again, very short, yet satisfying)

It's common knowledge throughout Atlantis that Doctor Rodney McKay dislikes the festive season. Doesn't he?
            I got the email that you had added this to the Rodney whumping community...so glad you found this really great little story! Enjoyed reading it!

To all the RM/DH thunkers out there!! Hope you have a great one! Be safe and enjoy!

sig by Varda

Comment

Season's Greetings, All!

From On the 2nd Day of Christmas (1997)
              Spoiler:

From A Dogs's Breakfast (2007)
              Spoiler:

Ok, this isn't David, but David did make Paul look like this!

David, Mars, Jane, Baz and Jane's father, Mr. Don Loughman from David's Dec. 25, 2007 blog entry.
              Spoiler:

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                Season's Greetings, All!

From On the 2nd Day of Christmas (1997)
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...mas3441915.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...mas3437911.jpg
                From A Dogs's Breakfast (2007)
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...12-360x450.jpg

Ok, this isn't David, but David did make Paul look like this!
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...nOrnaments.jpg
                David, Mars, Jane, Baz and Jane's father, Mr. Don Loughman from David's Dec. 25, 2007 blog entry.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...masg130b40.jpg
                What lovely gifts, pictures of DH! Thanks for posting them!

sig by Varda

Comment

Piccies

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Chapter two of Silent Homecoming is now up. Sorry it's so short. I'll do better next time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Merry belated Christmas everyone!!!

Sorry I've been MIA once again... I've been battling a sore throat since Christmas Eve if you can believe that! Had to go to bed early and miss the end of It's a Wonderful Life because I just wasn't feeling well. It's a little better today though. ...four days later.

Is that mistletoe still up? Can I still get in line for a Rodney kiss? *hopes*

Christmas OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      I got a Nintendo DSi for Christmas! Not only can I play games on it, I can take pictures with it and *drumroll* get on the internet!!! It has WiFi. The Brain Age games came already loaded on it and I got Lego Indiana Jones 2 for it also. I've played Sudoku on it during my breaks at work today.

Hello all!
                      Hiya Varda! How was your Christmas? Get anything good? I know I did.
                      Yay, happy to hear that!

FF100 - Christmas
                      I'll have to check this out!

I think I read this one...maybe.

Raven, I promise I will read Silent Atlantis and Silent Homecoming they sound so good but...I think I have to be in the mood for scary Atlantis to read them, but I will read them. I feel so bad that I haven't done so yet.

Great pics everyone!!! Had to snurch the Search and Rescue promo of yours Raven.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Welcome back, RiG. I know what it's like to have a sore throat. Mine always end up as a cold. Not fun.

Take your time. The stories will still be there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                          Merry belated Christmas everyone!!!

Sorry I've been MIA once again... I've been battling a sore throat since Christmas Eve if you can believe that! Had to go to bed early and miss the end of It's a Wonderful Life because I just wasn't feeling well. It's a little better today though. ...four days later.
                          Yes, I've been AWOL too...
                          Christmas OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          I got a Nintendo DSi for Christmas! Not only can I play games on it, I can take pictures with it and *drumroll* get on the internet!!! It has WiFi. The Brain Age games came already loaded on it and I got Lego Indiana Jones 2 for it also. I've played Sudoku on it during my breaks at work today.

Hiya Varda! How was your Christmas? Get anything good? I know I did.
                          Sweet! I got a few bits, which I supplemented with some more bits (negative film scanner, Red Dwarf DVDs, page a day diary, SGA calendar )

I've been very depressed though, so Xmas wasn't that great. It's so bad I even managed to finish up and post my Rodney death!fic. Oh... I thought it was unwriteable/unpostable since I've been working on it since May yet making little progress Guess I was in the mood

Comment

Piccies
                            Nice pictures! Thanks Ravenheart!

Chapter two of Silent Homecoming is now up. Sorry it's so short. I'll do better next time.
                            Oooh..I'll go over to read this chapter in a little bit!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                            Bummer! But glad that your sore throat is getting a little better! Here's hoping it doesn't turn into a full blown cold! *knocks on wood*
                            Welcome back to the thread! Missed you!

Is that mistletoe still up? Can I still get in line for a Rodney kiss? *hopes*
                            It's still up! But you will have to drag Rodney over to it!

Christmas OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            Cool! So how old is your brain according to Brain Age?

Yes, I've been AWOL too...
                            Sweet! I got a few bits, which I supplemented with some more bits (negative film scanner, Red Dwarf DVDs, page a day diary, SGA calendar )
                            I know what the SGA calendar is for! But what is a negative film scanner for?

I've been very depressed though, so Xmas wasn't that great.
                            You have been in a bad funk lately....*hugs*

It's so bad I even managed to finish up and post my Rodney death!fic. Oh... I thought it was unwriteable/unpostable since I've been working on it since May yet making little progress Guess I was in the mood
                            Rodney death fic!!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                              I know what the SGA calendar is for! But what is a negative film scanner for?
                              Yes, the SGA calendar is for keeping on December (at least the UK version is) I have thousands of photograph negatives which I'd really like to put on my computer. The negative scanner will let me do that (and take many hours/days!)
                              I've been lurking on and off, but haven't really had anything to say. I made a new avatar - the other version has 'whumped' written up the side
                              You have been in a bad funk lately....*hugs*
                              It's still LJ related. Still fic-rec/LJ review related. I hate those comms, and I hate myself for looking at them. They get me so annoyed, but I have a *compulsion* to punish myself by looking at them, no matter how much it hurts
                              Rodney death fic!!
                              Sure, seven months is a long time to work on a fic that's only 2000 words long Because of that I consider it to be the best thing I've ever written... um...

I requested it be posted anonymously, even though it no longer matters. That's because I sometimes think my name is dirt on LJ and everyone just sees my name and skips.

You guys are lovely though so here it is:-
                              Spoiler:
                              And The Sky Was Full of Stars
                              Rodney is seriously injured on what should have been just another simple planetary survey mission. Because nothing’s ever easy in the Pegasus Galaxy...

It's a
                              Spoiler:
                              deathfic/darkfic
                              (and essentially a PJM that went very wrong a while back when I was writing it) Apparently tissues are required... I know I used a few

Comment

Yes, the SGA calendar is for keeping on December (at least the UK version is)

I have thousands of photograph negatives which I'd really like to put on my computer. The negative scanner will let me do that (and take many hours/days!)
                                Oh wow! I didn't know there was such a thing!! I've been taking my negatives to the local store to put on a picture CD. But I like the idea of the scanner. Thanks for the info!

I made a new avatar - the other version has 'whumped' written up the side
                                Love the new icon! Nice cropping! Well done!

It's still LJ related. Still fic-rec/LJ review related. I hate those comms, and I hate myself for looking at them. They get me so annoyed, but I have a *compulsion* to punish myself by looking at them, no matter how much it hurts

I requested it be posted anonymously, even though it no longer matters. That's because I sometimes think my name is dirt on LJ and everyone just sees my name and skips.
                                You guys are lovely though so here it is:-
                                Spoiler:
                                And The Sky Was Full of Stars
                                Rodney is seriously injured on what should have been just another simple planetary survey mission. Because nothing’s ever easy in the Pegasus Galaxy...

It's a
                                Spoiler:
                                deathfic/darkfic
                                (and essentially a PJM that went very wrong a while back when I was writing it) Apparently tissues are required... I know I used a few
                                I saw that fic on LJ when it was first posted!! I finally read through it really, really quickly, you know, so it would be less painful! What I did read, I liked and told myself to read through it more slowly. Now that I know it's from you, I will!

sig by Varda

Comment

Working...
                                X