No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all. I did something on the Zelenka Appreciation thread and thought it might be fun to do here. (If you've already done it, please accept my apologies.)

You know you're a David Hewlett/Rodney McKay fan if...

1. You've named your two kids Meredith and Rodney (even though they're both the same gender).
    2. You have banned all citrus from your house.
    3. Your dog's name is Mars.
    4. You have a rubber ducky collection because it reminds you of "A Dog's Breakfast."
    5. You have 12 sets of DH wallpaper for your computer
    6. You've made at least one fan video.
    7. You've started cooking food so it tastes like hospital and airplane food.
    8. You have two "I'm with genius" T shirts-one to wear and one that's autographed by DH himself.
    9. You have life-sized cardboard cut outs of DH in more than one room of your house.
    10. You've photoshopped wedding pictures of yourself with the actor.

I don't know, that's just what I came up with off the top of my head. I'm sure you all could do better!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
      Hello all. I did something on the Zelenka Appreciation thread and thought it might be fun to do here. (If you've already done it, please accept my apologies.)
      This we have not done yet but I love it!

I work in a grocery store and every time I see lemons I think of Rodney.

4. You have a rubber ducky collection because it reminds you of "A Dog's Breakfast."
      I have one rubber ducky...does that count?

I have quite a few DH/RM wallpapers but not 12.

9. You have life-sized cardboard cut outs of DH in more than one room of your house.
      I wish!

• Either Rodney or David's name is part of your Gateworld name.
      • You have RM/DH wallpapers/skins for your Photobucket account.
      • You believe McKay is the reason for everything.*
      • Your in love with his arms.
      • You go to a convention just because David is gonna be there.
      • You follow @dhewlett on Twitter

*DH at ComicCon
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Alder sneaks in, checks out all the pictures, and sneaks off again, leaving a basket of muffins behind her...

Comment

Hello! Sorry I've been AWOL/lurking for a while, I've been super busy with my SGA Santa fic for LJ. I've still got some work to do, but I'll keep looking at all the posts and staring at the loverly piccies

1. You've named your two kids Meredith and Rodney (even though they're both the same gender).
          8. You have two "I'm with genius" T shirts-one to wear and one that's autographed by DH himself.
          Oh, nice list... but I don't do any of those
          Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          I do the con one, the arms and the reasoning thingy

My user ID is Silmarillion/Lord of the Rings related Varda sank the isle of Numenor in the story, which has been likened to Atlantis in literary analysis

My main one is: You write Rodney fanfic, and make icons/banners non-stop

I have the perfect idea for a Christmas banner... d'you think it's too early to make and use it?
          Originally posted by Alder View Post
          Alder sneaks in, checks out all the pictures, and sneaks off again, leaving a basket of muffins behind her...
          *scoffs muffins and feels urge to visit gym again*
          McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
            Hello! Sorry I've been AWOL/lurking for a while, I've been super busy with my SGA Santa fic for LJ. I've still got some work to do, but I'll keep looking at all the posts and staring at the loverly piccies
            It's okay.

I have the perfect idea for a Christmas banner... d'you think it's too early to make and use it?
            Nope. Make it, I'd love to see it!

*scoffs muffins and feels urge to visit gym again*
            Aww, no more muffins left.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Hello all.
              Great list! Sadly I have not done any of those.

But I think I am a DH/RM fan because...
              1. I learned how to work photobucket just so that I can save pictures and icons of him.
              2. I find myself on this thread almost everyday thunking with other fans.
              3. I created a Twitter account to that I can follow DH.
              4. I bought an autograph photo of DH on ebay.
              5. I have bought almost all the movies or TV episodes in which DH appears.
              6. I collected all the trading cards with RM on the card from Rittenhouse.
              7. I try to read all the fanfiction stories featuring RM.
              8. I downloaded the epsiode 'The Shrine' to my iPod Touch
              9. I named a clincial analyzer in my department 'Rodney'
              10. I wake up every Sunday morning at 4 am to watch SGA to see RM.

Gosh, this sounds like a stalker!

[*]You believe McKay is the reason for everything.**DH at ComicCon
              Well of course he is!
              Hi RiG...thanks for the link...it was fun watching that again!

[*]Your in love with his arms.
              Oh most definitely!

Originally posted by Alder View Post
              *eats muffins* Thanks Alder! They were delicious!

Hi Varda!*waves*
              Good to hear that you are coming along with your Santa fic!

Oh, nice list... but I don't do any of those
              I do the con one, the arms and the reasoning thingy
              And you are going to con and will be seeing him in person!!

My main one is: You write Rodney fanfic, and make icons/banners non-stop
              Glad you do!

Not too early at all....post it!
              Last edited by ed263; 28 November 2009, 04:21 PM.

sig by Varda

Comment

Nope. Make it, I'd love to see it!
                I'll try and find some time tomorrow
                Aww, no more muffins left.
                Nope, certainly wouldn't be after I'd got my mitts on them
                Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                1. I learned how to work photobucket just so that I can save pictures and icons of him.
                I do all the bolded ones!

How do you think I feel with some of the stuff I write (and post for the world to see!)
                Hi Varda!*waves*
                Hi there!
                Good to hear that you are coming along with your Santa fic!
                It's a right tricksy blighter, but I'll get there in the end
                And you are going to con and will be seeing him in person!!
                Yummy!

Just got me a YouTube account Well, deleted the old one with the awful music compositions on it, and reopened with a better ID... Just one kitteh video at present (which I took earlier today) Was fun and easier than I remembered!

I have the ability/program needed to edit videos together, but would rather write fic!
                McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

I'll try and find some time tomorrow
                  Looking forward to seeing them!

I do all the bolded ones!
                  Cool!

How do you think I feel with some of the stuff I write (and post for the world to see!)

It's a right tricksy blighter, but I'll get there in the end
                  The due date is fast approaching!

Just got me a YouTube account
                  Just subscribed to your Channel! And thanks for the Friend invite!

Well, deleted the old one with the awful music compositions on it, and reopened with a better ID... Just one kitteh video at present (which I took earlier today) Was fun and easier than I remembered!
                  Cute kitty video! That string never had a chance!

I have the ability/program needed to edit videos together, but would rather write fic!
                  Yay..for fic writing!

sig by Varda

Comment

I don't know, that's just what I came up with off the top of my head. I'm sure you all could do better!
                    No to every point of it. I had a set of Stargate pictures as screen saver on my PC (featuring McKay heavvily), but now I have the good old starfield again, the other one was slowing down my computer too much.

The other stuff is kinda silly. McKay is a fictional character - why should I bend my life around his issues (my very own food allergy is annoying enough) and I am not in romantic love with him.

T
                    My name is my internet name and has nothing to with any fandoms. But I even went to conventions where I hoped he would be announced. And next year I'll have two with the man.

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                    1. No
                    2. About
                    3. Yes (but now its got more purposes)
                    4. A friend got me one when she met him - does that count?
                    5. Quite some - but there is a lot of stuff you just don't get over here. And I skipped the bad ones.
                    6. Not one
                    7. I don't read that many fanfictions at the moment.
                    8. I downloaded them all to my iPod Nano, but since that thing has only so much capacity I change the eps which are on it. No SGA at the moment.
                    9. +10: No
                    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                      No The other stuff is kinda silly. McKay is a fictional character - why should I bend my life around his issues (my very own food allergy is annoying enough) and I am not in romantic love with him.
                      This was just supposed to be fun. (That is, it was supposed to be silly. ) If someone has bent his or her life around a character, he/she needs a reality check. Lighten up! Here, have a cookie. *hands iolanda a cyber cookie that won't irritate her allergies*
                      sigpic

Comment

This was just supposed to be fun. (That is, it was supposed to be silly. ) If someone has bent his or her life around a character, he/she needs a reality check. Lighten up! Here, have a cookie. *hands iolanda a cyber cookie that won't irritate her allergies*
                        Now I am relieved (I met crazier things concerning fandom, so I wasn't sure)!

Thanks for the cookie!

Edit:

WOHOOOWWWWW Page 2000!!!

Last edited by iolanda; 29 November 2009, 05:20 AM.
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Okay, I'm here. Slept late but ...I'm here.

2000 PAGES!!!!! GO US!

I got a Photobucket account so that I can save pics of him...and edit them for icons and sigs.

I find myself on this thread everyday...god willing.

Yeah, same here.

I got an 8x10 photo of David for Christmas a few years ago...from Rodney. Well, that's what the gift tag said. The photo sits on my nightstand...facing me so that when I turn my light(on my nightstand) off his face is the last thing I see.

The only movie I have is ADB. But I have rented Cube, Nothing and Ice Men. I have all 5 seasons of SGA on DVD as well as all 10 seasons of SG1...I'm never hurtin' for a Rodney fix.

I started collecting SGA cards but the only store that sold them is at the mall and I hardly go there these days. I have a ton of SG1 trading cards though...all in a binder. Sadly, not one of my SGA cards is a costume, autograph or just Rodney card. Wouldn't be just awesome to get a Rodney costume card? We could touch the blue shirt of yum and be like: OMG! David wore this! This is part of Rodney's ...blue...shirt! Maybe it's just me.

Me too. Although lately I've been on an NCIS kick.
                          Spoiler:
                          Found a great whumpy Tony story.

I wish I had an iPod touch.

That is just... I love that!

Now that is dedication!

My old location used to be Madly stalking Rodney.

Nope, certainly wouldn't be after I'd got my mitts on them
                          Figures.

Just got me a YouTube account Well, deleted the old one with the awful music compositions on it, and reopened with a better ID... Just one kitteh video at present (which I took earlier today) Was fun and easier than I remembered!
                          I'll check it out and subscribe!

I don't have that stuff so I'll stick to fic.

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                          And next year I'll have two with the man.
                          Lucky.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Yay! 2000 pages.

Some WWRT

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Great WWRT Raven!

An icon...

Okay, time for a pic spam!
                              Spoiler:

And, last but definitely not least...
                              Spoiler:
                              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 29 November 2009, 02:15 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Yay! Hope I made it onto the 2000th page!!

I got a Photobucket account so that I can save pics of him...and edit them for icons and sigs.
                                Lucky us that you did!

I got an 8x10 photo of David for Christmas a few years ago...from Rodney. Well, that's what the gift tag said.The photo sits on my nightstand...facing me so that when I turn my light(on my nightstand) off his face is the last thing I see.
                                Wasn't that nice of Rodney!!

I started collecting SGA cards but the only store that sold them is at the mall and I hardly go there these days.
                                I bought all the cards or boxes on ebay, none of the stores around here had the boxes.

I have a ton of SG1 trading cards though...all in a binder. Sadly, not one of my SGA cards is a costume, autograph or just Rodney card. Wouldn't be just awesome to get a Rodney costume card? We could touch the blue shirt of yum and be like: OMG! David wore this! This is part of Rodney's ...blue...shirt! Maybe it's just me.
                                I've got a Rodney costume card! \0/

I wish I had an iPod touch.
                                I LOVE that thing!! It's a small hand held computer! Just do like I did, ask for gift cards to Target for all birthdays and Christmas.

That is just... I love that!
                                I still get the occasional tech on the help line who knows who Rodney is! We soon forget about the technial call and talk about SGA!

Now that is dedication!
                                I've been waking up at 4am for years now, I just wake up at that time even on my days off!

Nice! Loving those SH versions of WWRT!

Love that..snurched, thanks!

Okay, time for a pic spam!
                                And what a lovely time it is! Thanks for the pics!

sig by Varda

Comment

Working...
                                X