Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    OMG! I'm actually here! Gosh I've missed this thread...and you guys! GW was clamming up on me (and others) last night so I couldn't get over here to post my latest icon. I was able to post in the Graphic arts thread, after many attempts. Then GW went wacko again. But, I'm here now - YAY!!!
    Hi RIG, I only managed to get on this morning and it's been okay since
    His eye is very *blue*
    Oh, yummy
    Double yummy!
    I beat you to it I'm afraid.
    Raven's were bigger

I requested that pic, cos I saw it in a sig manipulated to be vertical and black and white. You could just about make out his ribs *swoon* But all the wires were missing even though it's the same pic... dunno how they did that Unless they replaced/drew over that part... heresy!

Here's my manip
    Spoiler:

Alas, I thought my Xbox was on its way back, but the tracking code doesn't work yet, so I think they're still sitting on it

Right, on that note, I'm off to carry on with my fic, which I think has a title I finally like now I might post FF100 'School' later too, just to make sure my regulars don't think I'm dead or have given up or something

Perhaps it's a good thing that my Xbox isn't working otherwise I'd play on Borderlands 24/7 and then COD:MW2 when that comes out this week...
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
      Working on Silent Atlantis inspired me to make this video. Enjoy.
      Creepy Atlantis
      The song is Cold Blood from the Silent Hill: Homecoming soundtrack.
      Wow! That was awesome!! Thanks for sharing with us!! Hope you make more with the Silent Hill soundtrack!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
        Alas, I thought my Xbox was on its way back, but the tracking code doesn't work yet, so I think they're still sitting on it
        Mine got the RROD. We're trying to fix it ourselves. Don't know how well it's going to work afterward. Luckily, I have the older first XBox that still works.

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
        Wow! That was awesome!! Thanks for sharing with us!! Hope you make more with the Silent Hill soundtrack!
        Thanks. I'm thinking about it. There were clips I wanted to use and didn't get to, cause the song is so short. Beautiful, but short.
        sigpic

Comment

Mine got the RROD. We're trying to fix it ourselves. Don't know how well it's going to work afterward. Luckily, I have the older first XBox that still works.
          That's what mine got... you know it's got a 3 year warranty for a free repair (or is yours older than that?) I still have my old Xbox too! But I've suddenly developed an irresistible urge to play on my DS (Castlevania, Pokemon, Mario Bros...)

You have a strange frog-dragon... I had to click it Have you ever considered linking you fics in your sig? You could place a link behind your sig if your're worried about space

Comment

That's what mine got... you know it's got a 3 year warranty for a free repair (or is yours older than that?) I still have my old Xbox too! But I've suddenly developed an irresistible urge to play on my DS (Castlevania, Pokemon, Mario Bros...)

You have a strange frog-dragon... I had to click it Have you ever considered linking you fics in your sig? You could place a link behind your sig if your're worried about space
            It's a pumpkin dragon and my first rare.

I got mine at a garage sale, so I have no idea how old it really is. When we opened it, we found the date saying it was a 2005 model. I've been playing SH:The Room on my old one.

I have thought about it. The hard part is picking the sig.
            sigpic

Comment

We missed you too!! Glad you're back!
              Thanks.

Love your icon! Snurched, thanks!
              Thank you, glad someone does.

Working on Silent Atlantis inspired me to make this video. Enjoy.

Creepy Atlantis

The song is Cold Blood from the Silent Hill: Homecoming soundtrack.
              Amazing video Raven! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Hi RIG, I only managed to get on this morning and it's been okay since
              Howdy Varda! Yeah GW is working fine now for me too.

His eye is very *blue*
              Uh...yeah. Why ?

Oh, yummy

Double yummy!
              Raven's were bigger
              Oh. Sorry.
              I requested that pic, cos I saw it in a sig manipulated to be vertical and black and white. You could just about make out his ribs *swoon* But all the wires were missing even though it's the same pic... dunno how they did that Unless they replaced/drew over that part... heresy!
              Some kind of eraser tool maybe?

Here's my manip
              Spoiler:
              Love it!

At least you have an Xbox. If there was a SGA video game for Xbox would you get it? Play it?

Right, on that note, I'm off to carry on with my fic, which I think has a title I finally like now I might post FF100 'School' later too, just to make sure my regulars don't think I'm dead or have given up or something

Perhaps it's a good thing that my Xbox isn't working otherwise I'd play on Borderlands 24/7 and then COD:MW2 when that comes out this week...
              This regular is lookin' forward to 'School'...and many more...
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Here's my manip
                http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...ingsillyBW.jpg
                Love your manip! You can follow his hair all the way....

Aww...sorry to hear that!

Right, on that note, I'm off to carry on with my fic, which I think has a title I finally like now
                Yay for the title!

I might post FF100 'School' later too, just to make sure my regulars don't think I'm dead or have given up or something
                Looking forward to reading 'School'!

Thanks. I'm thinking about it. There were clips I wanted to use and didn't get to, cause the song is so short. Beautiful, but short.
                Cool...hope you do decide to make more with that sound track!

Pumpkin dragon..but it looks like a frog

I have thought about it. The hard part is picking the sig.
                Put it under the sig for the story.

sig by Varda

Comment

Ooh, I like the name! The little frog on it is so cute!

This better Varda? --->
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

I like the second one RiG!

The second one looks more realistic. Snurched them both, thanks!

sig by Varda

Comment

Howdy Varda! Yeah GW is working fine now for me too.

Uh...yeah. Why ?
                      Glowy blue eyes = scary laser beams
                      Some kind of eraser tool maybe?
                      Yes, it does look like it
                      At least you have an Xbox. If there was a SGA video game for Xbox would you get it? Play it?
                      Yes and yes! Of course fanfic writing is like playing a game (but where I have control of *everything*) It would probably have to be an RPG, with levelling and skill trees, better guns, vests etc. Just imagine Rodney's skill tree...

Sweet-Talker, rank 1 = 10% change of making an enemy frenzy by speaking
                      Smartest Man in Two Galaxies, rank 1 = 1 in 5 chance of getting something which is broken to work again
                      Manly Hunger, rank 1 = five minute increase in time between meals before hypoglycaemia becomes a health drain
                      Lemon Shield, rank 1 = 2% higher tolerance and shorter recovery time after being exposed to allergens
                      Attract Blonde, rank 1 = 20% less chance to be stunned by a blonde haired female in the vicinity

...hmm, maybe I'll write a fic in that style... hmm...
                      Love your manip! You can follow his hair all the way....
                      That's what I thought!
                      Looking forward to reading 'School'!
                      This regular is lookin' forward to 'School'...and many more...
                      I wrote school on 28th June!!! Must.check.and.post.

Comment

I like the second one RiG!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ueEyes-1-1.jpg http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ueEyes-1-2.jpg

The second one looks more realistic. Snurched them both, thanks!
                        The second one is more realistic. All I did was apply a sepia tone effect to the picture but erased it over the eyes so the natural blue shines through. On the first one I did all that and then applied a second effect - Fresco - only to the eyes.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Just imagine Rodney's skill tree...
                          Smartest Man in Two Galaxies, rank 1 = 1 in 5 chance of getting something which is broken to work again
                          Manly Hunger, rank 1 = five minute increase in time between meals before hypoglycaemia becomes a health drain
                          Lemon Shield, rank 1 = 2% higher tolerance and shorter recovery time after being exposed to allergens
                          Attract Blonde, rank 1 = 20% less chance to be stunned by a blonde haired female in the vicinity
                          I like Rodney's skill tree!

That could be interesting!

Back in June! And you haven't posted it! Yes. you. must. post!

The second one is more realistic. All I did was apply a sepia tone effect to the picture but erased it over the eyes so the natural blue shines through. On the first one I did all that and then applied a second effect - Fresco - only to the eyes.
                          Ok....you lost me at sepia tone But thanks for the info!

sig by Varda

Comment

Glowy blue eyes = scary laser beams
                            Ah. But what about the second version I posted?

Yes and yes! Of course fanfic writing is like playing a game (but where I have control of *everything*) It would probably have to be an RPG, with levelling and skill trees, better guns, vests etc. Just imagine Rodney's skill tree...

Uh...don't get any of it. Maybe that 's because I don't play video games.
                            Give it a try...see what happens.

You can follow his hair all the way....
                            That's what I thought!
                            I call it a happy trail. He's got a happy trail.

Must.check.and.post.

I think Raven is mad at me or ignoring me for some reason...she doesn't respond to me (my posts) anymore. Or she doesn't care to. I dunno know. Am I invisible to her? Or she could just be missing my posts for some reason...
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

David just posted this tweet....

dhewlett Hey, I'm not in Budapest...I'm in Bucharest...I blush electronically at my twittering geographical blunder ;-)
                              I love how he said "I blush electronically"....that so original! Usually I just see it written as *blush*.

sig by Varda

Comment

I like Rodney's skill tree!
                                I was unsure whether to make the last skill Repel Blonde, or perhaps Dispel Blonde
                                Back in June! And you haven't posted it! Yes. you. must. post!
                                I know it kinda sux, but it's not the oldest one! I wrote 'Black' on 20th April and haven't even accessed it since 15th May... where has all the time gone? Although that one's sitting there 'cos it's unfinished and kinda tricksy
                                Ah. But what about the second version I posted?
                                Yes, much better
                                Uh...don't get any of it. Maybe that 's because I don't play video games.
                                That's okay. I play far too many! Basically, the more you play, the more powerful your character gets. In many RPGs you are allowed to assign one point to a skill each time you level up (get stronger) usually for increasing attributes (health etc) or for a spell (firing lightning at enemies etc). My one for Rodney's a parody though, so doubly confusing if you don't play RPGs!
                                Must.check.and.post.
                                Am.here.not.checking.

Comment

Working...
                                X