No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always use subtitles when I watch DVDs ( unless they aren't available in English, because the Swedish subtitles annoy me... they're actually sometimes incorrect, especially when it's something that requires previous knowledge of terms, like on Star Trek "mind meld", then you can get totally ridiculous translations sometimes ) but I can usually hear what Rodney's saying... but he talks so fast that I don't have the time to sit and figure out what it means when it's full of technobabble. I'm not fluent in technobabble.

*reluctantly returns Rodney to the thread, since there are other people here now*

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
      Sorry about the double post, but since nobody else is here...
      Awww! I was at work until 5pm. Now that I'm here no one else is.

I went clicking links, looking for news on the movies ( SG-1 and SGA ), and found this in an interview with Michael Shanks:
      Q: And one more quick question. Who do you think talks faster: you or David Hewlett?

MS: David Hewlett. We had that conversation when we were filming Atlantis last year, and you know, he would…the thing with David is he can speak faster, but you really can’t understand a word he says. I speak pretty fast and you can kind of make it out so if somebody’s listening. When we actually have a contest to say the same thing equally as fast, you can’t under…he says it way faster. He’ll be done, you know, before you can say boo. And…but you didn’t hear a word of English in there. So he can speak faster, but he’s less intelligible. In that 2-parter, can you understand what we’re saying to each other? Is that intelligible? Yes? A little bit? Like, you can understand a little bit, or…did you have to look at the subtitles? You did. Oh, you watched it a couple of times. Is there subtitles to the DVD thing? ‘Cause I think that’s the best way to watch it. Good. Closed-captioning. That’s the best way to watch David Hewlett and I.

Q: But there’s one part where I can’t understand you but I can understand him perfectly.

MS: Oh really? Which part was that?

Q: I think in the second of that 2-parter. It’s right after you guys are about to find the 2 suits?

MS: Oh, when we’re walking down the hallway? Yeah, I was speaking pretty fast then too, yeah. The thing about it is I don’t know if I want to speak faster than David Hewlett. ‘Cause I think if you spoke faster than David Hewlett you’d actually travel back in time.
      Oh, God! That... is hilarious!

Thanx for that!

And now, since Rodney and I seem to be alllllllll alone here... I'll just borrow him for a while, if you don't mind...
      *grabs Rodney by the hand and drags him off*
      I don't mind so long as you give him back the rest of the thunkers return from where ever in the heck they've disappeared to.

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
      Intersting interview. I've always been able to understand what Rodney's saying. Guess my ears are just faster at hearing.
      Yeah, same here.

I remember when they did a contest to see who spoke faster: Amanda or David. David won.
      You bet your bippy he won! David Rules!

I always use subtitles when I watch DVDs ( unless they aren't available in English, because the Swedish subtitles annoy me... they're actually sometimes incorrect, especially when it's something that requires previous knowledge of terms, like on Star Trek "mind meld", then you can get totally ridiculous translations sometimes ) but I can usually hear what Rodney's saying... but he talks so fast that I don't have the time to sit and figure out what it means when it's full of technobabble. I'm not fluent in technobabble.
      None of us are fluent in technobabble.

*reluctantly returns Rodney to the thread, since there are other people here now*
      Thank you, tho how you managed to walk off with him in the first place is beyond me... seeing how he is handcuffed to me.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        Awww! I was at work until 5pm. Now that I'm here no one else is.
        Boo

Technobabble's fun - different shows have very different qualities of it Sci-fi shows do tend to be able to get away with more stuff that wouldn't work, due to their nature, but it still makes me laugh Although not as much as NCIS and CSI do occasionally

David's ability to go through it so fast is definitly impressive! Never had a problem with understanding him, possibly because when I talk I'm constantly asked to slow down I'd have liked to have seen that contest between him and MS!

Comment

Thank you, tho how you managed to walk off with him in the first place is beyond me... seeing how he is handcuffed to me.
          Speak for yourself, I'm always happy to talk about boosting the annular confinement beam to enable the vetrion pulse projection...

Also, I lent Tinah my key...

Anyway! Some random thunky pictures. They're all a bit gloomy, must've been the particular batch of episodes:

Spoiler:

I like this moody lighting...

Um...

Whump? From me? Surely not, you must be imagining it...

Pensive profile pic...

Deer caught in the headlights look!

Who? Me?

A teeny bit of eyelash, just not enough to merit going in the eyelash folder.

Comment

I went clicking links, looking for news on the movies ( SG-1 and SGA ), and found this in an interview with Michael Shanks:

From here: http://buefo.livejournal.com/10692.html#cutid1
            Thanks for the link! Nobody can out talk DH!!

Intersting interview. I've always been able to understand what Rodney's saying. Guess my ears are just faster at hearing.
            I remember when they did a contest to see who spoke faster: Amanda or David. David won.
            That was fun to watch! Long live King Hewlett!

Originally posted by Alder View Post
            Speak for yourself, I'm always happy to talk about boosting the annular confinement beam to enable the vetrion pulse projection...
            Good one!

Anyway! Some random thunky pictures. They're all a bit gloomy, must've been the particular batch of episodes:
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...6-lighting.jpg
            I like this moody lighting...
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...8-lighting.jpg
            Um...
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...9-peaceful.jpg
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...21-pensive.jpg
            Pensive profile pic...
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...headlights.jpg
            Deer caught in the headlights look!
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...-10-cute-1.jpg
            Who? Me?
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...-eyelash-1.jpg
            A teeny bit of eyelash, just not enough to merit going in the eyelash folder.
            Great batch of pictures! Love the whumping one! Thanks for those!

Hi RiG!
            Glad that Saavick's icons inspired you! Any icons to show off yet?

sig by Varda

Comment

Pics.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Pics.
                Great pics! Thanks!!

sig by Varda

Comment

I go away to watch Friends bloopers on Youtube and everyone comes out of the wood works!

Great pics Raven!

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
                  Boo
                  Boo who?

David's ability to go through it so fast is definitly impressive! Never had a problem with understanding him, possibly because when I talk I'm constantly asked to slow down I'd have liked to have seen that contest between him and MS!
                  There was a contest? I thought MS said they had a conversation, no?

Lose. That. Key.

Spoiler:

Which episode is this pic from? I think I need to add it to my whump list.

The rest of the pics are fantastic!

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                  Thanks for the link! Nobody can out talk DH!!
                  Nobody.

That was fun to watch! Long live King Hewlett!
                  Watch it again!

Hi RiG!
                  Glad that Saavick's icons inspired you! Any icons to show off yet?
                  Hi Elisa, um... no. I got distracted by RL before I could finish the first one. By the time I was back at my computer I no longer felt like making icons. I might make a few tonight... I might not... who knows?

OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  My toe feels funny... the one I hurt on my b'day. It's still swollen but no longer bruised like it was... minor reddish bruising maybe. It'll never be right again!
                  Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 10 September 2009, 05:21 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

I go away to watch Friends bloopers on Youtube and everyone comes out of the wood works!
                    You just never know when the wood works will let us out!

I thinks it's from 'Broken Ties'

I will!! Thanks for the link!

Hi Elisa, um... no. I got distracted by RL before I could finish the first one. By the time I was back at my computer I no longer felt like making icons. I might make a few tonight... I might not... who knows?
                    Ah, the icon muse is a fickle thing! If you do, I will be happy to see them!

OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    My toe feels funny... the one I hurt on my b'day. It's still swollen but no longer bruised like it was... minor reddish bruising maybe. It'll never be right again!
                    Spoiler:
                    Aww...poor toe! Maybe it's sprained? Can you sprain a toe? Sounds like how my ankles used to look when I sprained them....way back in high school when I played basketball. I would put heating pad on the ankle and keep it elevated. Maybe soak the poor thing in hot water? If you can move it , I don't think it's broken.

sig by Varda

Comment

Wow, finally caught up. I was off on vacation for a few days.

Varda, hope you are feeling better these days, I TOTALLY agree with what Tinah had to say.

Rodney Is Godney: Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Looks like you had a good one, sorry about the toe incident though. Love the new Chair sig, so pretty.

Thanks for all the lovely pretty pics, those last ones could mostly go in the eyelash folder. Yummy! THUD

Looking forward to having some time to read again! Varda has a new fic, yay!
                      Shelly
                      My Photos
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
                        Wow, finally caught up. I was off on vacation for a few days.
                        Oh....vacation!! How nice! Glad your back!

Looking forward to having some time to read again! Varda has a new fic, yay!
                        New fic by Varda....it's good!

sig by Varda

Comment

I'm actually...not...sure... I was looking for captionable ones, and picked up some pretties on the way. The last four I went through were TAO of Rodney, Common Ground, Tabula Rasa and This Mortal Coil, so I reckon it's one of them.

Comment

I'm actually...not...sure... I was looking for captionable ones, and picked up some pretties on the way. The last four I went through were TAO of Rodney, Common Ground, Tabula Rasa and This Mortal Coil, so I reckon it's one of them.
                            It looks vaguely as if it's on a Hive?

Comment

It's from Reunion.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

You bet your bippy he won! David Rules!
                                I don't think I've ever heard anybody talk that fast before!

Actually, it wasn't the real McKay I was walking off with, it was my clone..!

Roddy: Hey, I'm real too..!

Tinah: Of course you are, honey! *hugs him* And all mine..! *snuggles up contentedly in his arms*

Anyway! Some random thunky pictures.
                                Lovely selection! Snurched them all!

Pics.
                                Aww..! He looks so young in the first couple of pics! Must've been... *thinks* ... about my age ( 35 ) then!

Have to go exercise now. *muttergrumblewhine*

Roddy: Fine, you do that! I'll be over here doing something that's actually useful..!

Comment

Working...
                                X