Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Howdy Varda!
    What B'day present thing? I think I missed something somewhere.
    I posted a message on your profile page Do you have a special request for a Rodney b'day fic?

In fact, does anyone here have a burning desire to read a specific type of Rodney story? I like challenges from friends/fic writing groups (but not competitions )
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

No one's been here today?!?!? My excuse is work.
      Oh, well... I'll just have keep Rodney company all by myself... in the tub.
      That looks like fun! Wish I was here yesterday, to help get Rodney clean!

Love the icon! Sorry for you being sad

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
      I came in and couldn't think of anything to say, so went and read the SGU drama-llama threads
      Staying out of those threads!

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
      Yes, LJ is really bugging me at the moment. Makes me feel unworthy,
      Unworthy!! NO!! Love your fics!! It is LJ that is unworthy! Besides, most of LJ is slash...McShep. Gen or Het stories don't really get the number of readers or recognition that McShep does.

I might spam Edge on a load of communities Let everyone share in the Rodney love
      Spam them!!

Is anyone there?
      Anyways, check out my new Photobucket account!
      Wow!! Couldn't see anything because there was some guy's picture ALL over the page!

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
      Spoiler:
      I'm sure you've seen enough crap people have said about David on Gateworld ( at least the stuff that hasn't been deleted ) how they don't like his acting style, how they doubt he could play a character different from Rodney...
      Heck with them!!! They obviously don't know what they are talking about, I doubt they have seen him in any of his movies and just don't like his character. Stay away from those threads.

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
      Hiya, lol, I love the Tweet David left about maybe becoming a bee nerd someday (in reply to someone) - mind you, all of his Tweets are a high quality
      Hi Mirela!! Love his tweets, so funny!

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
      Home from work. Some WWAT to express my mood at the moment. As you can see, I had a bad day.
      Aww...sorry you had a bad day! Hope it gets better.

Maybe this will put a smile on your face...
      http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ycolorized.jpg(you have to click on the image)
      Wow!! That was so cool!! Thanks for that!!

sig by Varda

Comment

Hey all! I return! after two long long weeks

*huggles all*

Am just reading back through all the posts... but oooh how I missed Rodney and the gang... I made do with fanfic, much of which is great but I missed my DVDs

Off Topic hidden rant
        Spoiler:
        OOOOOH I *hate* United Airlines (and to a lesser degree Virgin Atlantic)
        First going *to* Virginia... United lost my luggage, I had to go nearly 4 full days with only 2 outfits plus some PJs purchased at Wall Mart.
        Then Virgin moved my return flight *forward* 5 hours... and my connecting flight now missed it.... Rang Virgin, they said "no worries, we'll book you onto a new flight" *hold a few mins* "Right, there you go! you are booked onto flight 'x' at Norfolk, just show up and there will be a ticket waiting for you"
        So we go to Norfolk, no ticket!... 40 mins trying to sort it out and missed check in + flattened the battery of my friends cell phone....
        After much calling of Virgin I was offered a seat on *the next Sunday* I was supposed to be flying home *Monday*... as much as I love Virginia I couldn't afford to stay another week.
        Next day (Tuesday) my friend's dad rang Virgin... much yelling later we found out I could go home that day! yay... so off I went.
        On arrival at Heathrow I discovered that United had smashed the corner of my laptop hard enough to shatter the metal framework!!! and it won't work... my £600 baby is dead! and United aren't responding to phonecalls or emails regarding the damage... even though staff at the airport acknowledged the case was resonable protection etc....
        Also National Express refused to allow me to use my prebooked ticket even though the trains were running nearly empty, because it was booked for the day before... even hough it obviously wasn't my fault I was a day late... so cost me another £54 to get home

I am *not* a happy Kitty right now
        sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonsKitty View Post
          1) KITTY!!!
          2) Also, awwww...nasty evil airline companies.

Here, have some yummy Man at Work pics...

Spoiler:

Grimy McKay...

Mmmm...give the man a spanner...

Playing that computer like a virtuoso...

All intense and concentrating...

In his element.

Comment

*huggles all*
            *hugs* Missed you!

Off Topic hidden rant
            Spoiler:
            First going *to* Virginia... United lost my luggage, I had to go nearly 4 full days with only 2 outfits plus some PJs purchased at Wall Mart.
            Then Virgin moved my return flight *forward* 5 hours... and my connecting flight now missed it.... Rang Virgin, they said "no worries, we'll book you onto a new flight" *hold a few mins* "Right, there you go! you are booked onto flight 'x' at Norfolk, just show up and there will be a ticket waiting for you"
            So we go to Norfolk, no ticket!... 40 mins trying to sort it out and missed check in + flattened the battery of my friends cell phone....
            After much calling of Virgin I was offered a seat on *the next Sunday* I was supposed to be flying home *Monday*... as much as I love Virginia I couldn't afford to stay another week.
            Next day (Tuesday) my friend's dad rang Virgin... much yelling later we found out I could go home that day! yay... so off I went.
            On arrival at Heathrow I discovered that United had smashed the corner of my laptop hard enough to shatter the metal framework!!! and it won't work... my £600 baby is dead! and United aren't responding to phonecalls or emails regarding the damage... even though staff at the airport acknowledged the case was resonable protection etc....
            Also National Express refused to allow me to use my prebooked ticket even though the trains were running nearly empty, because it was booked for the day before... even hough it obviously wasn't my fault I was a day late... so cost me another £54 to get home
            Evil travel karma! *aided by evil airlines* Glad you were able to get back home!!

Originally posted by Alder View Post
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...-manatwork.jpg
            Grimy McKay...
            Mmmm...give the man a spanner...
            Playing that computer like a virtuoso...
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...-3-working.jpg
            All intense and concentrating...
            http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...-6-working.jpg
            In his element.
            Great pictures with captions!! *wonders what else Rodney can play like a virtuoso*

sig by Varda

Comment

I posted a message on your profile page Do you have a special request for a Rodney b'day fic?
              Ah, I figured it was on my profile page. Left you a response on your profile page.

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
              That looks like fun! Wish I was here yesterday, to help get Rodney clean!
              Much fun was had.

Wow!! Couldn't see anything because there was some guy's picture ALL over the page!
              Heh.

Wow!! That was so cool!! Thanks for that!!
              Anytime. It was fun to make!

*huggles all*
              *huggles*

Am just reading back through all the posts... but oooh how I missed Rodney and the gang... I made do with fanfic, much of which is great but I missed my DVDs
              And we missed you too.

Off Topic hidden rant
              Spoiler:

Yeesh! Tuff break!

Love this man at work! Though I must admit I have know idea what a "spanner" is.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Love this man at work! Though I must admit I have know idea what a "spanner" is.
                Oops, forgot where I was! Heh...

A spanner:

...I believe you might call it a 'wrench', maybe?

Comment

Oops, forgot where I was! Heh...

A spanner:
                  http://blog.wabbadabba.com/wp-conten...2/spanner1.jpg
                  ...I believe you might call it a 'wrench', maybe?
                  Quite right. I thought it might be a tool of some kind.

Well, here's my new sig...

Spoiler:
                  I know it's over the kb size limit but it's to late to re-size now, tomorrow.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Alas, my mind immediately went for the alternative, slang meaning of the word... (search on www.urbandictionary.com

I know it's over the kb size limit but it's to late to re-size now, tomorrow.
                    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...renitysig2.jpg

My new fic's posted if anyone wants some crack Rodney!wingfic (although the funnies will be more frequent in the next chapter ) Link is currently in sig pic
                    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Alas, my mind immediately went for the alternative, slang meaning of the word... (search on www.urbandictionary.com
                      Hehehe...eejit.

Comment

RiG:

Spoiler:
                        Ok, hm, that was so complicated with all those spoilers-within-spoilers that I can't quote and reply, so, here goes!

Thanks for saying it's alright to chat, and that I'm still welcome! I don't feel any urge to talk about lots of real life stuff, but sometimes it's hard to write a post you think "deserve" being in an on-topic thread. But I guess the "characters and relationships" folder is less strict and more accepting.

I think that's a very smart thing to do, keeping up with your writing through roleplaying, to avoid losing your skill and confidence! It's actually just what I tried to do in the "Admiral's Multi-thunker Lounge" but ended up getting my poor Roddy kicked out due to an injury. She said I was welcome back later, but now I have to spend my energy and concentration on real life things.

I haven't actually lost that weight, what I'm saying is that it's one of the things I have to focus on right now in my life. And it's going to take a lot of work. Two ( or three? ) years ago, I lost 7 kilos in 7 months, achieveing my ideal weight, then had a relapse into severe psychiatric problems, lost control of my sugar addiction, and gained 12 kilos. I've managed to lose weight before before, and I'm going to do it again.

But fighting to overcome a phobia of writing fiction is less of a priority right now than preventing diabetes or learning to be a somewhat productive member of society again.

In fact, does anyone here have a burning desire to read a specific type of Rodney story? I like challenges from friends/fic writing groups (but not competitions )
                        I can't think of anything right now, but I'll keep your offer in mind!

*huggles all*
                        *hugs back* Welcome back! I'm sorry they screwed things up for you so badly on your vacation!

Lovely! Thanks! I love seeing our genius at work!

Perfect! Wise words that I obviously need to take to heart, given my dealings with Stargate fandom lately.

My new fic's posted if anyone wants some crack Rodney!wingfic (although the funnies will be more frequent in the next chapter ) Link is currently in sig pic
                        Read, enjoyed, and left a review! I don't know if there's any point in me signing up for ff.net only to give reviews, haven't made up my mind yet.

Spoiler for fic:

Spoiler:
                        I forgot to say this, but I thought at first that they'd take his arms and give him wings instead, but then I thought that since he still had his arms at this point... ah well, we'll see!

Comment

Kitty! *hugs* Sorry to hear that you've had such a bad travel time! Glad you're back safely in the end

Thanks for the more 'man at work' pictures, Alder!

And ugh, FFN seems to be down again I'm trying to upload the next chapter of Star Mile, and it's b0rked, apparently.

Comment

Heh, our two siggies look rather amusing lined up next to each other!

Comment

A couple of banners.

sigpic

Comment

Oooh, nice! Gotta love pissy Rodney in leather collar... and that black t-shirt! *purrs* Think I'm going to curl up in bed now with that image in my head..! Good night!

Comment

Working...
                                X