No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survived Phase 1 of Parade week today. The North Shore parade went great.

In just two days DR. RODNEY MCKAY. OH MY!!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
      OMG, you lucky, lucky woman! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
        You can buy it already? On DVD? Or is it one of those "sign up and pay and download" things?
        Amazon has Video On Demand, it's where you can purchase TV shows/episodes and view them on the computer. TV episodes are $1.99 each. You can also rent movies or buy them and watch them on the computer or hook your computer to the TV and watch them there.

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
          Amazon has Video On Demand, it's where you can purchase TV shows/episodes and view them on the computer. TV episodes are $1.99 each. You can also rent movies or buy them and watch them on the computer or hook your computer to the TV and watch them there.
          Thanks for the info! Nothing I'm going to look into now though, maybe when I get a new laptop ( this one is five years old ) and a new TV ( I inherited it from my grandmother who died 14 years ago, and she'd been using it for several years. So what? It still works perfectly! ). Looks kinda complicated, I'm not very good with computers. Or, make that "any kind of technology". The more stuff I get, the higher the risk that something goes wrong that I can't fix.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Nothing I'm going to look into now though, maybe when I get a new laptop ( this one is five years old ) and a new TV ( I inherited it from my grandmother who died 14 years ago, and she'd been using it for several years. So what? It still works perfectly! ).
            Hey, if it ain't broke, don't need to buy a new one!

Looks kinda complicated, I'm not very good with computers. Or, make that "any kind of technology". The more stuff I get, the higher the risk that something goes wrong that I can't fix.
            Complicated....no, not at all. If I can figure it out, anybody can!

You just sign up (it's free), give a method of payment (I use Amazon gift cards), go to the Video on Demand, click on TV or Movie and look for the show/episode/movie you want, click on that, you can either download to your computer or view it by video streaming(?).

I do the video streaming so as not to take up computer memory, they give you a video library and you can go there anytime to view your video purchases.

sig by Varda

Comment

I am hot and grumpy. Meh.

I need some of this stuff:
              Spoiler:

I'd kill for some of the melon one right now.

Rodney looks busy, I should get him some too...

[Alder is wishing she was in Italy, Land of the Multiple Ice-Cream Shops]
              Last edited by Alder; 07 July 2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Alder, that ice-cream picture is just cruel!!

*Starts fantasising...*

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                  Survived Phase 1 of Parade week today. The North Shore parade went great.

OMG!!! *is jealous*

You'll say "Hi!" from us won't you? Please!

Originally posted by Alder View Post

Spoiler:

Well, he is hot. Love the pic!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Okay...

...looks like I'll be keepin' the thread alive, so...

Some icons...

Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 02 July 2009, 07:48 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                      Some icons...

I love them! The second from last is my favourite - snurching

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post

Spoiler:

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/t...GW-23-work.jpg

[Alder is wishing she was in Italy, Land of the Multiple Ice-Cream Shops]
                        That looks yummy........
                        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
                          I love them! The second from last is my favourite - snurching
                          Glad you like them and snurch away!

Two more...

And I edited the second to the last one...

...smaller border.
                          Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 02 July 2009, 08:11 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Yes, very cruel to post pictures of ice-cream... ... but I agree, better get some for Rodney! Can't let that brilliant brain get overheated! ( In the case of my brain, there's isn't much to damage... )

Beautiful icons, RiG! I liked the one with only half of him and the sort of puzzled look best too. And I agree, it looks better with the narrow border.

Comment

Beautiful icons, RiG! I liked the one with only half of him and the sort of puzzled look best too. And I agree, it looks better with the narrow border.
                              Thank you.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

I had something written up about that fanfic competition, but accidentally closed the wrong window and killed the post, so in brief... Yeah, I agree, too many rules, I'd feel that was stifling my creativity ( if I had any ). Too much work to please very picky others, and then most likely get voted out anyway. ( After all, only one person can win... ) Then again, I'm not a very competitive person. I think you'll get both more freedom and more appreciation if you write what you like.
                                Exactly. For purely masochistic reasons I signed up to be notified when the noms were in for the SG Fan Awards for fic. Alas, no mention of lowly Varda. Even with her 660,613 words written for SGA since last August...

*Crawls under the bitter and angry rock to brood some more*
                                "Challenges" are something different. You know, the kind where you meet a certain challenge in stages, for example, step 1 ) Write a fic/ficlet of at least 500 words using one of the prompts from a table 2 ) ten prompts, etc. This way you're not judged against others, you don't have to beat somebody to continue to be a part of the activity.
                                Yes, much more fun! Ten you say? I go for the worst (or best) A cool one hundred and all Rodney 51 to go
                                Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                                I'll definitely check that out. But I have a suspicion that (like Hulu - or whatever it is) this is a service that will only be available in the US And for paying in $$$, dunno how that'll work
                                Some icons...
                                Two more...
                                I love them all, but the looking down, B+W ones are my favourites
                                McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Working...
                                X