Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
    BTW ShadowMa'at in an interview with Amanda Tapping and David Hewlett a couple of months back DH mentioned he was really looking forward to Carter appearing on Atlantis because on SG-1 she is never wrong but on Atlantis Mckay finally has the chance to beat her
    Does that mean a crossover is in the works or that he would like a crossover? Oh, I hope it's the former. Please excuse me while I fall over and die of glee.

Is that interview online anywhere? I'd love to read the entire thing.

Comment

One final note for all the UK fans if Sky show season 6 of SG-1 then Redemption Parts 1 and 2 are on the 6th and 7th of May!!! Whoohoo
      May? do you mean June or...?

Comment

McKay, the secret of women.

How could you not love that face?
        Last edited by watcher652; 26 May 2005, 07:01 AM. Reason: oops, hit submit instead of preview

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

"McKay, the clever way!"

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
            My McKay, your McKay, McKay for all!
            Originally posted by McKay's girl
            btw, it wasnt actually dirty thoughts she was whispering to him-

Dont tell anyone I told you but I heard Intel's making a pentium 5 processor with 6ghz!!
            Originally posted by Renenutet
            Sloganizer: "Be young, have fun, taste Hewlett."
            Originally posted by watcher652
            McKay, the secret of women.

How could you not love that face?
            Oh! You guys are so making this a fun morning!

Love the graphic, Toaster!
            Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              But contending with a report isn't as exciting
              Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              He's probably one of the few people who COULD have stood up to Sam and could have continued arguing the futility of the situation. And we need to know it's futile. We need to know it's impossible to save Teal'c because otherwise there's no drama.
              Agreed. Plus, it makes sense Simmons would bring his own expert to back him up--it's much easier to ignore a report than a Rodney McKay!

Aside from that, the SGC doesn't exist in a vacuum. McKay offered an opportunity to demonstrate there's more outside the SGC than politics and espionage, that there are other smart people working on SGC-related technical issues, not just Sam.

The inclusion of the scientific, bureaucratic and political world outside of the SGC has understandably become more common as the series has progressed, but how many non-SGC personnel were directly involved in technical problems before McKay?
              Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleyin
                May? do you mean June or...?
                Assuming Sky one keeps showing SG-1 at its present rate (1 a day Mon-Fri)
                and has the syndication rights to season 6, Redemption part one will be on at 6pm on Monday 6th of May

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                Does that mean a crossover is in the works or that he would like a crossover? Oh, I hope it's the former. Please excuse me while I fall over and die of glee.
                The crossover is tentativly set for the 13th episode of Atlantis season two!!

Is that interview online anywhere? I'd love to read the entire thing.
                I made a mistake about the contents of the interview, its actually a different interview where he says he is looking forward to a crossover
                The AT and DH interview is here its well worth the read
                sigpic

Comment

Assuming Sky one keeps showing SG-1 at its present rate (1 a day Mon-Fri) and has the syndication rights to season 6, Redemption part one will be on at 6pm on Monday 6th of May
                  I must be missing a joke here, then. 6 May 2006? Because unless the international dateline broke free and went on a rampage, the 6th of May was three weeks ago.

It'd be funnier if, say, the 6th season ep aired at 6 on the 6th day of the 6th month. Too bad it wasn't the 6th ep, too.

Comment

Assuming Sky one keeps showing SG-1 at its present rate (1 a day Mon-Fri)
                    and has the syndication rights to season 6, Redemption part one will be on at 6pm on Monday 6th of May
                    Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    I must be missing a joke here, then. 6 May 2006? Because unless the international dateline broke free and went on a rampage, the 6th of May was three weeks ago.
                    I'm sorry for this brief interruption of McKay discussion, but I just want to let everyone know that ShadowMaat just made me spray milk out of my nose and all over my keyboard. You may now return to your regularly scheduled McKay.

<runs off to grab a towel>

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                    McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                    Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                    McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

"Let's talk about McKay."

My kind of guy:

Comment

"It's time to think about McKay."

I'm thinking, I'm thinking!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                          but how many non-SGC personnel were directly involved in technical problems before McKay?
                          None. It's always been McKay sitting in a dark closet-sized lab at Area 51, working insane hours to do the job of five people and meet impossible deadlines, all while muttering to himself about the ditzy blond who keeps making illogical assumptions about the Stargate and Wormhole Physics.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

My one line reply of the day: Mmmm....hands....

Comment

After '48 Hours' I wonder how he faired in Siberia. He has yet to mention it in Atlantis. It made such a big impact on his character.

I guess we can move on to Redemption now. I love his entrance line...

"Well, there's no point in building Naquadah reactors for Russia if there isn't going to be a Russia, is there?"

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

My one line reply of the day: Mmmm....hands....
                                That's why I capped them!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X