Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David's imdb link :
    http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0382110/

Hope this helps you begin your search,watcher 652 !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

F.H Bagpuss,

Nice choice on the new av. I shall admire it from afar and be jealous.
      Nurturing my Inner Geek...

Hooni

Comment

I can't believe you folks seriously like that little twit. I hate kids, too, but I don't tell them to go to their rooms rather than answer their questions. And what was that comment about getting the "inoculation" so he has Ancient DNA? What a waste of genetic material. Give it to Tayla or Ford - someone that would use it for something other than personal gain or protection.

Comment

Welcome to the board, Stephen. Please try to be a little more polite in your posts, if you can manage it. Most of us here on this thread happen to love McKay and all his imperfections.

You may have objections to the character, and if you would like to restate your opinion in a calm and non-attacking manner, I'm sure most of us would love to listen. However, we've had a problem on the board lately with folks thinking they can mindlessly bash a character. Bashing isn't conducive to good conversation/debate, and I think most of us can agree that without good conversation, there's very little point in posting.

If you would like to explain your opinion- and it IS just your opinion, not fact- then by all means, please do so. Otherwise I can recommend a board where hatefulness and bashing is allowed.

Comment

Oh for the love of... Go start an 'I Hate McKay" thread. This one's for his fans.

~Lucia
            This is OTAKUDOM-
            I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

It's perfectly o.k. not to like a character and to express that dislike in a constructive fashion but please remember to respect other people's opinions. Not everyone has the same taste, there's no need to imply that there's something wrong with people just because they like something that you (general you) don't.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen the Red
                I can't believe you folks seriously like that little twit. I hate kids, too, but I don't tell them to go to their rooms rather than answer their questions. And what was that comment about getting the "inoculation" so he has Ancient DNA? What a waste of genetic material. Give it to Tayla or Ford - someone that would use it for something other than personal gain or protection.
                Hmmm... you hate kids but are willing to answer their annoying questions.

Actually, my interpretation of McKay is that he doesn't actually hate anyone (hate is such a strong word, don't you think?) but is annoyed by many things and many people, whether kids or adults, including the others on his team. He lacks the patience to explain things to others who might not grasp concepts as quickly as he does. However, he is willing to learn and see different points of view when challenged by others of intellect like Dr. Weir. i.e. when she suggests there could be a logical connection between the zpm-powered shield device and the villagers' suicide rituals.

And if you've watched all of the Atlantis episodes to date, as well as the SG-1 eps with McKay, you'd be hard-pressed to prove McKay is involved in the SG program for personal game. He's in it for the pursuit of knowledge. And there have already been several occasions when he has taken deliberate action that has put his own safety at risk.
                To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Added some more David/McKay pics to my av collection, including the new promo pic of Mr. Snarky Face.

Comment

Darn... if only I was at the level for custom made avatars. Better start somewhere (Sigh)

Comment

You'll get there,S0f4.
                      Hooni Thanks !

Lucia ! I just noticed your signature message....GOOD LUCK with School and see you (and your fics) whenever you can make it !
                      *Sends virtual reality cookies to keep your strength up *

As for everyone else, big hugs too.........whether you like/dislike McKay.
                      The main thing ,IMO,is to talk about him . Just play nice .

*Dodges rotten fruit from Shadow*
                      I know,I know .........too much confounded "Cheer" again !

Comment

FHB- Bah! Humbug!

Well, one good thing to come out of all that horrible downtime is that I managed to get the first two pages of my McKayfic typed up... and it includes a Sam/McKay shippy scene. A little warped, of course, but there just the same.

Will let you all know when it's done.

Meanwhile, Childhood's End spoilers
                        Spoiler:
                        Personally, I liked McKay's taking of the ZedPM. He's thinking first and foremost of trying to get everyone home, which is his job. Everyone else comes second and this just shows that as smart as he is, he may not always fully think through the consequences of his actions- especially on others. But I think it's safe to say he's learned his lesson and will hopefully be a little more cautious in the future. He had the right idea, just maybe not the best execution.

And can I just say again how much I love that McKay is so flawed? It's refreshing to not have to deal with "perfect" characters all the time.

Comment

OK, here's something about David, not Rodney.

Did you know that of all the actors in the main cast, David is the only one that has a birth date cited on imdb? I always try to note the birthdays of the actors in a show that I watch regularly, just a habit I took up when the internet made all this yummy info available. I don't have to know the year, the month and day is enough.

I'm sure the birthdays of the other actors are out there somewhere, just not so convenient.

David's birthday is April 18, 1968, according to imdb. Which makes him 36.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            FHB- Bah! Humbug!
                            I know ! Actually, I'm in a far less cheery mood today....I thought I'd rewatch the McKay eps again,to cheer myself up yesterday,once I realised GW was having probs.
                            The VCR ate my Bl###y tape of Redemption !!!!
                            Oh,well,I thought,go to Plan B .I knew I'd kept the vid of the TV showing,so I merrily tested the VCR ,then put in the cassette.........some hope !
                            The family have TAPED OVER everything ! Grrrrrrr .
                            All I got, was a load of bunk about some nonentity sportsman,Boyband music, and a documentary about Ancient Egypt .
                            OK.Solution.Order Set 5 from Amazon via GW .
                            I need my McKay/Sam fix .
                            Well, one good thing to come out of all that horrible downtime is that I managed to get the first two pages of my McKayfic typed up... and it includes a Sam/McKay shippy scene. A little warped, of course, but there just the same.
                            This is good !
                            Will let you all know when it's done.
                            I won't bug you then .
                            And can I just say again how much I love that McKay is so flawed? It's refreshing to not have to deal with "perfect" characters all the time.
                            I so agree.Far more scope,and way more interesting to watch !

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                              Did you know that of all the actors in the main cast, David is the only one that has a birth date cited on imdb? I always try to note the birthdays of the actors in a show that I watch regularly, just a habit I took up when the internet made all this yummy info available. I don't have to know the year, the month and day is enough.
                              I tend to have a snout at the Actor info sites too,as they're pretty interesting,on the whole .It's handy to know the birthdays,as if they're a special fave,there's usually a contact addy to send a card in time.
                              I'm sure the birthdays of the other actors are out there somewhere, just not so convenient.
                              Hmmm,maybe they'll reveal those details as time goes by ? Maybe they don't want speculation about their true age,or misuse of their details ?
                              David's birthday is April 18, 1968, according to imdb. Which makes him 36.
                              Yep.So "thunkable" too,IMO !

Comment

OOPS! Didn't realize what I was walking into. Excuse me, ladies.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X