Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pegasus7 View Post
    I think the McKay character is fantastic especially when played off with the other Team characters - I think a permanent thread/website should be maintained just for this McKay character. There are so many great episodes like "Tao of Rodney". It is a crying shame that Atlantis will end soon. David Hewlett interviews suggest he likes the character: "I think McKay is definitely one of my all-time favorite characters" I think he has a huge opportunity to make movies involving this type of fast talking sci-fi character - I would take my whole family to any Atlantis movie using this funny,complex and incredible character. The script writers should be given enormous credit as well for the creation of this character. I'm 40 and my sons 10 12 15 love him as well, I hope David Hewlett continues this type of role because its a awesome one.

yeee welcome !!!!

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

McKay and Mrs. Miller eyeball pics

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Do you see David's latest ZuTwitter today?

Comment

Nope

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa in love thanks ravenheart.

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

YAY piccys!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
            Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
            Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              Girls (and Guys) I hugged David Hewlett THREE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!

*SQEEEEEE*

Sorry I haven't been on to *dish* about the Con, I am still in Melbourne at my hotel.
              Spoiler:

I didn't sleep at all on Friday night due to some loud party going on next door, then yesterday I was soooooo exhusted and a bit *weird* about the day (it was great but I was so tired that it all got a bit much) so I basically went to the hotel ate and then slept for 9 hours, got up this morning and went straight out again to the Expo.

Man I have had the best time, and David and Kavan are both sweethearts and very friendly. I have many, many, too many pics of David, some turned out really good IMHO others I will probably still keep *cause is David and a memory of the event* I plan on working out which ones to post and upload tomorrow when I get back home.

I had 5 photo ops with David. Also the gals from GW that were there, well we got a special group photo, *waves to gals* I think David was a little taken aback when we all walked into the booth... but he was really a good sport and he held the fake gun that SmileyGidget *I hope I am spelling her name right* had so it looks just AWESOME!

As for my hugs with David, well I walked into the booth and asked him if he minded if I hugged him (he was really quick to say he didn't mind at all ) so we hugged *dies* then he asked if I wanted a pic of us hugging *HELL YEAH!!!!* so the photographer took a pic, but I knew it hadn't turned out right, so I asked if it could be redone... well I may have actully walked over to him (photographer) and looked at the pic *is all a bit of a blur* so anyway short of it was that we re-did it, then we kind of had another one (all this time David has hold of me *dies again*) then he asks how I wanted the last pic... I asked if he minded standing behind me and putting his arms around me... Yeah I seemed to have totally lost all my shyness... he said that was a great idea, and did just that... OMG! It was so much more and so much better then I ever expected, I really thought I would just put an arm around him (which btw I did in the other two photos on Saturday). The photos turned out pretty good (I like many people HATE myself in photos... but I will be brave and post at least one of me and David in this thread when I have the time).

Needless to say for most of the day I hung around David, took pics of him signing (oh, don't hate me... ) they called last signings for him and even though I had 5 things signed already, I thought wtf I would get one last pic signed... well they had the one of him that I adore, in his full uniform from season two the one with the thigh holster... so I rocked up to him, he recognised me *as the women who was buying everything (what? I had a Gold Pass ) and he said *in a good humoured way* what do you want now?

Well I was still wearing my Willow's Cat badge from earlier with the GW gals... so quick as a flash I asked if he minded signing it to Willow's Cat *and please do not hate me* his number one Thunker! Then I explained what the Thunk was, he said he had heard something about it before but wasn't really clear on what it was, I tried to explain... but I really do think you have to be a thunker to get what it is so he kinda just nodded and smiled *bless him* he also said he wished his site would stop getting hacked (I meantion WC was also my dGeek username) I told him we all wished that and he said he was looking into fixing it.

Oh one funny thing happened while he was signing, and I have a pic of it too... his minder/handler whatever they call them came in and gave him a sonic scewdriver... his face lit up like a little boys at Christmas! It was so adorable, and I was beside myself cause nothing in this world beats a happy David Hewlett in Doctor Who fandom mode... priceless!

Anyway, I have to go and pack my stuff and eat something and sleep, oh yes sleep would be great.

I promise to post pics as soon as I can. Also a link to my LJ (which btw is in my sig) as soon as I have written up a full report.

David really is a nice as everyone says, not that I ever doubted it. *hugs you all!*
              OMG! So happy for you-and still jealous too-but so happy for you!

I just love that pose you suggested for one of the pics! (That's the pose I want!)

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
              Piccy! ^__^

Spoiler:
              That is awesome Vala!

@Pegasus7: Welcome to the forum! Welcome to the thread of awesomeness!!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks for your report Willow'sCat!
                I doubt I'll ever meet him (I'd be far too shy if I did anyway), but I'm certainly looking forward to your photos
                McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                  Thanks for your report Willow'sCat!
                  I doubt I'll ever meet him (I'd be far too shy if I did anyway), but I'm certainly looking forward to your photos
                  So would I, I wouldn't know what to say to the man. I'd be all when first meeting him and then of course would happen because I wouldn't be able to form a coherent sentence for a few seconds minutes.

Spoiler:
                  When I met Garth Brooks, years ago(I was 14yrs old), I totally embarrased myself. I was in line waiting to meet him, my mom was standing behind me so that meant I was to meet him first, well, when it was my turn I shook his proffered hand and said... my name instead of Hi or Hello. Sheesh! This was, of course, after his concert(my first Garth concert); it was my birthday btw.

I think back on that and
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Hi guys some Mp's of your favorite guy :
                    Spoiler:

sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Oh my gosh! Those are hilarious! Specially the "mimics his shadow" one. Had me LMAO!

Thank you so much for sharing them.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Hi guys! I am now back home and I have a pic of me and David!!!!!! to share

Also the pic I asked him to sign.... No1 Thunker.

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I is soooooo freakin jealous! lols

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                          Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                          Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                          sigpic

Comment

Girls (and Guys) I hugged David Hewlett THREE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!. . .
                            David really is a nice as everyone says, not that I ever doubted it. *hugs you all!*
                            Sounds like your patient waiting has be amply rewarded - congratulations!

Comment

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so totallly jealous right now!

He's so damn cute! And look at your hands ALL OVER HIS! You go girl!!!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Why not enlarge it to wall-size poster? you feel squeeeeee when you walk past it?

Comment

Working...
                                X