No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And while I am here, some of my all time fave David Hewlett images, just because I can!

Oh come on it's a classic!

I adore this one so much! I want to put it on a t-shirt!

Comment

I think he mentioned the sequel few times and sounded pretty serious to me
      But I understand about the zombie movie. With David sense of humour, it might be awesome. But people are now overwhelmed by those movies, and they are choosing carefully. The movie needs to be perfect to be succesful.

I wanted to order ADB from the US but bc I just realized that my DVD player in PC is fixed to Region 2 (after it played Region 1 five times), I have to wait.
      This thing with regions is stupid. I would buy it here but when the movie is not here (and I want to buy the original, for money, not to download) so what am I supposed to do?
      And I will have to order it from UK or Germany anyway, cos if I should wait for Czech version, I would die from old age.
      And, what an irony, to order it from US, would be much cheaper than from Germany or UK.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        Happy Birthday RodneyIsGodney! Belated.

I love them, Thank you!

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        And while I am here, some of my all time fave David Hewlett images, just because I can!

Oh come on it's a classic!

I adore this one so much! I want to put it on a t-shirt!
        I second that!

I love the first pic, Nothing...behind the scenes...I think. Never seen it before.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

HAPPY LATE B-DAY RiG!!! *squirrely highfive* WOOTZ!

My b-day gift to you is a Rodney McKay background ^^ (spoiled for size)

Spoiler:

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
          Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
          Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
            HAPPY LATE B-DAY RiG!!! *squirrely highfive* WOOTZ!

My b-day gift to you is a Rodney McKay background ^^ (spoiled for size)

Spoiler:

~Dani
            I love it! Thank you so much! *squirrely highfive back*

(((((SQUIRREL HUGS!!!)))))
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              I wanted to order ADB from the US but bc I just realized that my DVD player in PC is fixed to Region 2 (after it played Region 1 five times), I have to wait.
              Did you know that you can buy region-free DVD players for as little as US$50.00? They are available on Amazon.com and I'm sure on other on-line services as well. With a little research, you might also be able to find the hack (adjustment) for your current DVD player to turn region control off. It usually involves pushing a bunch of front-panel or remote control buttons in a certain sequence. There were a number of websites that discussed this when I was looking, but I haven't been to one in a while.

I live in the USA (Region 1), but I bought an inexpensive region-free DVD player from Amazon.com to play Region 2 DVD's when I was catching up with earlier SGA episodes. They released SGA Season 2 in Region 2 format as 4-episode per disk boxes in the UK, but in the USA, they waited and released Season 2 as a full season set. To be able to see the episodes sooner, I bought the R2 DVD's from Amazon.UK and they shipped them to the USA with no problem. I then played them on the region-free DVD player.

I assume you could get a region-free DVD player shipped to you where you live, but I don't know for certain. It's worth looking into if you can afford to pick up one. Try a web search for "dvd player region free" (or the Czech equivalent ) and see what comes up. Then you may be able to order what you want from Amazon.com or Amazon.UK.

Good luck!

Comment

I'm glad you like it ^___^
                ~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you like it ^___^
                  ~Dani
                  You did a great job on it!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Random pic spam

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                      Random pic spam

Spoiler:

OMG! Where is that first piccy from? ^__^

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

OMG! Where is that first piccy from? ^__^
                        Looks like Boa vs. Python.

(Also? When you're quoting stuff with pictures, you need to take the [IMG.] tags out from around the picture or else it's against forum rules. Just FYI.)

Comment

You can make almost any DVD player region free with the right code; I 'cracked' my parents player a while back... took me a couple of tries but it worked in the end. Just google your player and see if it has a 'crack' code.

Comment

DH have the most beautiful eyes, I see nothing else when he's on screen !

Spoiler:
                            http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/Ravenheart2/eyes/eyes.jpg

gniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

I have DVD player that plays every region. I meant a DVD in my computer. The problem with the DVD player is that a) my mum is constantly in the living room so there is no chance for me to at least sit there and watch a movie, and b) It´s region-free, but it has some problems playing it - the picture isn´t clear, the sound is not too good. So I guess I´ll wait. I have ADB, and in the moment the original is here, I´ll buy it. Here I think Europe, bc we have here DVDs with a dog playing baseball (and we even don´t understand baseball) but not a good movie like ADB.
                              Last edited by Klenotka; 07 September 2008, 03:10 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

OMG! ^___^ You can get (happily) trapped in those eyes. lols

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X