Spoiler:
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      Trio
      Spoiler:
      http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/RodneyisGodney/trio262_jpg-1.jpg
      Thanks RiG . . . that one takes my breath away . . . just drowning in those eyes . . . Sigh.

Comment

I have to agree with you, Annie.

I never liked McKay but I recognized the importance of his character in the team, so I just ignored him.

Season 3 was the one that for me, started to show me that side of Rodney that apparentely has always been there but I simply never knew it.

It started with McKay and Mrs. Miller and it grew significantly with the Tao of Rodney.

This season he really shined once again, and I loved how someone in the ther In-Depth Review Thread for Season 4 wrote that he is the best written character and certainly the most consistent.

Episodes like Harmony, LMS, Trio, Tabula Rasa and even Quarantine, Adrift, Lifeline, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remembered, Spoils of War, and so many others really show that Rodney that I never knew and who's certainly, not taking Teyla's place as my favorite along with John but certainly brought that piece in him that was missing for me.
        sigpic

Comment

Trio
          Spoiler:

I love his eyes.
          sigpic

Comment

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

*drops*
              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Eyes!

Spoiler:

sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

One more little thing.

Spoiler:
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

One more little thing.

Spoiler:

The Eyes!!

*faints*
                    -------------------

sigpic
                    Made by Camy

Proud member of Beer? Because they are adorkable!

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                      I have to agree with you, Annie.

I never liked McKay but I recognized the importance of his character in the team, so I just ignored him.

Season 3 was the one that for me, started to show me that side of Rodney that apparentely has always been there but I simply never knew it.

It started with McKay and Mrs. Miller and it grew significantly with the Tao of Rodney.

This season he really shined once again, and I loved how someone in the ther In-Depth Review Thread for Season 4 wrote that he is the best written character and certainly the most consistent.

Episodes like Harmony, LMS, Trio, Tabula Rasa and even Quarantine, Adrift, Lifeline, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remembered, Spoils of War, and so many others really show that Rodney that I never knew and who's certainly, not taking Teyla's place as my favorite along with John but certainly brought that piece in him that was missing for me.
                      Well, When I saw Rodney in SG1, I thought he was really a jerk. But in the 3rd and 4th season, I totally fallen for this character.

So, Go Rodney!
                      -------------------

sigpic
                      Made by Camy

Proud member of Beer? Because they are adorkable!

Comment

Originally posted by musik-lover View Post
                        Well, When I saw Rodney in SG1, I thought he was really a jerk. But in the 3rd and 4th season, I totally fallen for this character.

So, Go Rodney!
                        It seems like in SG-1, at least in 48 Hours, he was supposed to be a jerk. He was the guest character brought in solely for the purpose of contradicting Sam and making her look improbably ingenius and loyal, all the while making himself look like the world's biggest douche.

The character was semi-redeemed in the 2- parter he showed up in later (Revelations or something) but essentially served almost the same purpose - make SG-1 look brave, loyal, determined etc...

It wasn't until he became a lead in SGA that the writers actually fleshed out the character. In other words, we were supposed to hate him before and understand him now. Although, between you and I, I kind of like the fact that TPTB wrote him as as an irreverant, self-important jerk. He was fun.

Of course, he became more fun in SGA and he was my favourite from the beginning. Something about his ability to tell it like it was, his tendency to actually quake in the face of near-certain death, and his penchant for berating all those less intelligent than himself (which meant everybody), endeared me to him. To be honest, I could never stand the perfect hero stereotype - always calm, always cool, never shows fear, always prepared to face one's mortality. Why? I simple don't think they exist and as much as dramatic television would like to convince me that they're the type of heroes I should love to watch, they simply don't so anything for me.

While, seasons 3 and 4 have definitely both been ripe with episodes where McKay truly stands out I don't think it's fair to discount some very important season 1 and 2 episodes. For example, 'The Storm', 'The Eye', 'The Defiant One', 'Hot Zone', 'Letters from Pegasus' (I will always remember this as the first time Hewlett made me cry), 'Duet', 'Trinity' (yes, even this one), 'The Hive', 'Grace Under Pressure'.

I liked McKay at first. I loved McKay after 'The Eye'. He was scared. He was angry. He was hurt. And Hewlett played it all to perfection. Which he tends to do all the time anyway. Love, love, LOVE McKay.
                        sigpic

Comment

more eyes!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Awesome pic Rodney . Way cool and yes sexy pic of McKay .. I saw a couple of movies with David and think he is an outstanding actor. I really love how he playd McKay and always enjoy the McKay episodes ..

Kimberly
                            Last edited by taffy rose; 22 March 2008, 05:25 PM.

sigs by Cazz,scifan,elephantgirl, john-and-teyla , Donna , Linda, maffieg, and wraithlord . I'm in AWE of your talent and J/T is the best

Comment

I saw a couple of movies starring David but wanted to know which movies you all liked by David and I'm going to get them on DVD to watch .. Did anyone see A Dog's Breakfast and was it good ?

Kimberly

sigs by Cazz,scifan,elephantgirl, john-and-teyla , Donna , Linda, maffieg, and wraithlord . I'm in AWE of your talent and J/T is the best

Comment

Originally posted by taffy rose View Post
                                Awesome pis Rodney . Way cool and yes sexy pic of McKay .. I saw a couple of movies with David and think he is an outstanding actor. I really love how he playd McKay and always enjoy the McKay episodes ..

Kimberly
                                *cough*
                                You, um,*ehem* might want to recheck your spelling of one word there. I think ya forgot a "C" and in that particular word it's really not good. If ya know what I mean. *cough*

A Dog's Breakfast is brilliant! I love it! I watch it all the time. You should also check out Cube, Nothing, Icemen, And Never Let Her Go(this one might be hard to find),. There's Treed Murry also known as Get Down, Cypher, Pin(for a very young David), and Where the Heart Is and Scanners 2.

The ones in blue I have seen and they are great! The others I desperately want to see. However, I did see some of Treed Murry on Youtube. And I loved what I saw. He's great! in it.
                                Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 22 March 2008, 02:20 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X