No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Schroeder,the boy pianist in Peanuts ?
    I'm not sure if that's actually the right name,but plausible .

Edit:
    The sad things I do sometimes...I've just dug out one of our old Peanuts books ,to check I got the name right.
    Even sadder,I'm pleased I got it right !
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 August 2004, 08:24 AM. Reason: Edited for sad reasons !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Now that's a thought! Piano was his first love....

If we're doing that... Mozart. No doubt. *nods sagely* Still, I like Icarus. I just have a thing for that name. It sounds like something he'd do.

(BTW: My fanfic-that-will-later-be-McKay-centric is up. Turbulent Winds )

~Lucia
      This is OTAKUDOM-
      I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

Fluffy!
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
          Fluffy!
          I know ..........But still McKay-related !

J/K. I don't know if Nolamom'd let anyone borrow the name,and she hasn't been about to ask.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 August 2004, 10:05 AM. Reason: Trying to be a bit less vague.

Comment

Thought you guys might like my take on the Sheppard-McKay relationship. And McKay's love of energy bars. A snipet from my fic's next chapter:
            Has mini-spoilers from 1x03

Spoiler:

He really felt like shooting him. Seriously, so what if he was hypoglemic? This had to be the third one in fifteen minutes.
            Crackle, crackle. Silence. More crackling of foil.
            Where the heck was his gun? If McKay didn't keep quiet, he'd really shoot him in the leg this time.
            Crackle, crackl-
            "Would you STOP that!?"
            Rodney jumped a good two feet in the air at Sheppard yell, dropping the foil that he'd had pulled off his energy bar. He looked at the Major with a 'deer-in-the-headlights' shocked face on. "What'd I do?"
            "How many of those things have you had?" Sheppard snapped at the scientist irritably.
            "Excuse me, do you want me to pass out here for you to drag back to Beckett, John?" Rodney retorted in a sarcastically sweet voice before popping what was left of the bar.
            "No offense, but I think I'd leave you here."
            "And then what? Lose me, and you guys would never get home to earth."
            He hated when McKay was right. He really did. Which wasn't good, because the man had a tendancy to be correct all the time.

That is my take on their relationship so far.
            ~Lucia
            This is OTAKUDOM-

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

Another case of "Manly hunger".......
              You're wise to be careful to keep excerpts hidden,or put them in Fan-fic,though. (The Mods have that policy to keep any visiting/lurking PTB,from reading fan-fic ideas .)

Almost forgot....*Leaves choc cookie *

Comment

Oh. Heehee. ^.^ Sorry. Another thing I didn't know. *writes a huge poster that says "SORRY MODS"*

Back on topic, I'm of the opinion Rodney does actually have hypoglemia. It just seems like something he'd have. It adds up to his resume, methinks. I mean, allergic to citrus, constantly getting in trouble
                Spoiler:
                whether it's getting shot in the face with a Wraith stunner/fainting from 'manly hunger'/getting stuck in an event horizon
                , having him suffering from HG just fits.

~Lucia, snacking on her writing reward (a cookie! ^.^)
                This is OTAKUDOM-

Comment

Back to the cat name, what about "Chevron"? I think that sounds like a plausible cat name.
                  I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

I had a kitten named "Kree" for about a day. Then he wandered off back to his home. *sigh* His real name was Squeaky. I liked my idea better. He even had a little black "chin caterpillar". ;P

Comment

Aww, cute.
                      I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

Comment

I'd like to comment on McKay's outfit at the end of "Suspicion". I think he looked very fetching in black, and it was a nice change from his tan uniform.

Comment

Hi, folks! First time poster here. I'm glad there's this thread for my favorite character on Atlantis. I like Rodney because I seem to have a soft spot for arrogant know-it-alls. There are all these little quirks he has that are quite funny to watch.

On another board I had made the prediction that we would see Rodney eat in every episode. This last ep didn't have him eating, so I'm changing my prediction that Rodney will have something to do with food in every ep, since he did talk about food in the last ep.

I hope I will be able to catch up with you all. As with every board, there are some "in" things that the requlars take for granted that I will have to find out about.

I'm looking forward to discussing Rodney. Are we allowed to talk about David Hewlett also?

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                            I'm looking forward to discussing Rodney. Are we allowed to talk about David Hewlett also?
                            We better be! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by april_flower75
                              I'd like to comment on McKay's outfit at the end of "Suspicion". I think he looked very fetching in black, and it was a nice change from his tan uniform.
                              Speaking of his civvies, I noticed at the end of 38 minutes that they dressed him in a short- sleeved blue shirt and (methinks) kahki pants. I thought it was too similar to the shirt he usually wears. I've always liked the brown coat and brown shirt combo he wore in Redemption best on him.
                              "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Got any pictures of these outfits? I'm working on fanart and need some good pictures for outfits.

~Lucia
                                This is OTAKUDOM-

Comment

Working...
                                X