Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what McKay's cat is named?
    I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by april_flower75
      I wonder what McKay's cat is named?
      What about Sam Carter, after his favorite girl?

Comment

I think it would have a really silly name like Pookie or Chuckles or something. Something he'd be really defensive about 'cause, y'know, he isn't defensive enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Goodbye scene will involve the two making amends (a complicated process) and Sam leaning in to give him a quick peck on the cheek- but he stops her, saying that he's heard that her kisses tend to be fatal. "Where'd you hear that? "Just lunchroom gossip."
          Heh. I like that.
          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
            Absolutely. Add to that the fact that MacKay is a computer expert and a stargate expert, so making it plausible that he'd be able to create a gate virus. Plus the scene on the bridge where he's angsting over his life would have been so much more convincing if it was MacKay. And also, we can see why MacKay would have got where he did. With everything that Felger did wrong, how on earth did he get to the SGC?!

Replay that scene on the bridge with McKay instead of Felger, and it becomes a very powerful scene indeed.
            I so agree. Felger has his loyal fans,and I respect their POV that he was funny,and possibly lovable....but I really think McKay would have been the ideal choice.
            With Jay Felger,Avenger was (IMO) a poor episode,by SG-1 standards !
            (Of course,for all I know,David Hewlett may not have even been available,and the PTB seem to do at least one "Funny" per season....so maybe I'm being a bit harsh ! )

At least McKay's one of the main characters in Atlantis.....that cheers me up immensely .
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I think it would have a really silly name like Pookie or Chuckles or something. Something he'd be really defensive about 'cause, y'know, he isn't defensive enough already.
              LOL ! How about "Ceefer" = C for Citrus ? He may be one of those people who have a Love/Hate relationship with their cats ?

Comment

Could be Snickers, after his fave candy bar. The cat was vaguely Snickers-colored, wasn't it?

I've already gone off at length about how vastly Avenger would have been improved by subbing McKay for Felger. I think it's on the Avenger thread... or the old board...

Comment

Personally, in my fic he mentions the cat's name as Icarus, like the Greek legend. It was the first thing I thought when I saw the cat. Plus, he strikes me as the type of guy to use an out of the ordinary name, just for the sake of being different.

~Lucia
                  This is OTAKUDOM-
                  I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

Could be Snickers, after his fave candy bar. The cat was vaguely Snickers-colored, wasn't it?
                    I'm not 100% on the colour,as I thought the cat looked sort of grey Mackerel-striped Tabby . However that could be down to the screen colour contrast...and I wear grey reactolite specs !

If you say "Snickers",I say go for it !

Lucia:Icarus, huh ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucia Tanaka
                      You won't find them here. Check out www.fanfiction.net. They're starting to build up a good collection. Already 55 SGA fics!

~Lucia, Fanfic Queen
                      Thanks for the link,Lucia ! I've bookmarked the site.There are oodles of SG-A and SG-1 fics there,and tons of other goodies too .

Comment

You're quite welcome, my dear. ^.~ Always glad to help out fellow fangirls.

And yes, Icarus. Heck, I'd name my own cat that. It's very.... I dunno. Just is.

~Lucia
                        This is OTAKUDOM-

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

Fluffy. F-L-U-F-F-Y! Of course, McKay's cat would be named Fluffy! His defense would be, "Well, she is!!"
                          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                          once done, cannot be undone...
                          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

O.O *hears McKay's voice in her head saying that* Heehee.

~Lucia
                            This is OTAKUDOM-

Comment

I agree with the "Icarus" this, I think he'd name his cat something special and out of the ordinary. Or something geeky. Maybe "Zed-PM"? ...Maybe not.

How'd you know his favourite candy bar was snickers?
                              I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Originally posted by april_flower75
                                How'd you know his favourite candy bar was snickers?
                                I just do.

How about Bach? Or Beethoven? Brandenburg? Something pianist-y...

Comment

Working...
                                X