Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
    Ooooh, I can't wait to see Tao. It sounds like an amazing Rodney episode, one I'll rewatch many times. I'm glad he's good to long suffering Radek finally.
    Oh you will that!! My favourite episode. Couple of annoying bits concerning the rest of the team but if you ignore that......classic.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Tao is an awesome episode. Probably the best Rodney episode ever. I loved M&MM, and I thought this was was even better for Rodney.

People that aren't Rodney fans probably got frustrated because of the intense Rodney focus, but I thought it was awesome. It had loads of character moments with him and every member of the cast.
    Most of the team moments are excellent (cept the couple i've mentioned earlier in the thread) and the bits at the end was pure gold.

Love M&MM too of course!
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

She looks so proud of her big bro.

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
        Just got up *yawns* and I hate my alarm, as I just had the most amazing David dream when the alarm went off! Argh! Didn't have a DH dream for ages! It was a wonderful dream!
        Hey, I had one too! I can barely remember it now but John and Rodney were in trouble but Rodney had a plan so they were going to be ok.

Lovely pic spam people! It cheered me up. My vid got yanked from youtube.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
          Oooo, careful! Has no-one supplied you with a thunk pillow yet?

Oh and welcome to all the newbies!! I think we have a few!
          No, but I got my own for today!

Thanks for the welcome.

It was wonderful, I wish I was still dreaming...work is annoying today...want to go back to bed and continue dreaming this dream!
          Hopefully, you've had that chance, A.

Hey, great, thanks!
          Thanks for pointing out something that hadn't even crossed my mind.

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
          Hi all!

I made a McKay wallpaper..
          if you like it, feel free to snurch
          Spoiler:
          Great wallpaper!

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          Two sites again. OK Willow, great, fantastic photos! And dangerous, thanks god I have pillows under my chair (they are there because of this thread )

Size
          Spoiler:

That pic of him with the scruff goin' on...

**THUNK!**

For the ladies in the house: Lemee tell ya that scruff on scruff kisses are (IMO) one of the great rewards of being gay. Some like 'em smooth but give me stubble or scruff anyday!

BTW, just so folk are aware: I'm a real clod at the keyboard: strictly a two-finger wonder. That's why you might not see me getting into elaborate posts on here: it'd take me hours!

Had to say 'LOL!' to the whole teabagging bit, though.

Also, re: the "Duet" jokes. IMO, they're funny once or twice around but I could tire of it pretty quickly, myself. I don't think that either Hewett or McGillion meant anything dereogotory by them. Gotta remember that they're playing to a largely straight audience and (paradoxically, IMO) straight Sci-Fi males often seem to get squeamish about the matter. I say paradoxically, because geeky guys often get socially marginalised and one might think that they could be more empathetic to another marginalised group.

OK, this has taken me about 35 minutes to tpye (seriously: I'm pathetic!) but I was wondering if you wonderful Thunkers could answer a McKay question I need answered for something I'm working on...

I've only seen S1, so far. Now, I know that McKay's a coffee fiend, but has it ever been mentioned how McKay takes his coffee? Black? Cream & sugar? Double-Double? (Last is a Canadianism: it means two creamers and two packets of sugar.)

Once again, any help would be appreciated.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dllmzca View Post
            I've only seen S1, so far. Now, I know that McKay's a coffee fiend, but has it ever been mentioned how McKay takes his coffee? Black? Cream & sugar? Double-Double? (Last is a Canadianism: it means two creamers and two packets of sugar.)

Once again, any help would be appreciated.
            Ooo, good question!! Don't think it's ever been answered

Half of me says black for maximum caffeine effect

Half of me that double-double thing, cos of his sweet tooth.

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
              Hi all!

I made a McKay wallpaper..
              if you like it, feel free to snurch
              Spoiler:
              love it, great pic choice as well...can never get enough of that pic!

Willow, thank you sooo much for the great picspam, made my very tired and grumpy me all happy

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
              Oh yeah, i'd forgotten about the commentary! I find it really odd that people still protest about stuff like that! Goodness sake.

Here in Blighty we have a "teen" soap that has two lads snogging most tea-times and no-one bats an eyelid. (except we're subjected to the slurping noises tv people....etc.etc.)
              I know, i find it really odd as well! I guess those big sci-fi bosses are just too scared about offending any viewers, which I find really strange cos as you said, over here we have gay characters and storylines all over the place and as far as I know no one really complains (or if they do no one pays any attention!)

random pics?

xx

Comment

Originally posted by tinypenguin View Post
                I know, i find it really odd as well! I guess those big sci-fi bosses are just too scared about offending any viewers, which I find really strange cos as you said, over here we have gay characters and storylines all over the place and as far as I know no one really complains (or if they do no one pays any attention!)
                I'd go with the latter! lol

Maybe cos it's an American network, they're scared of offending...more zealous religious types shall we say. Plus it's a "family" show, which of course shouldn't matter but seems to none-the-less.

random pics?
                Spoiler:

xx
                Random pics are always welcome!!

Ah that smile......*melts away*

l My LJ l

Comment

WOW...DAVID'S UPDATED!!!!!!!!!

http://twitter.com/dhewlett

He's been busy it seems
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

And an update at dgeek too

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...=120&Itemid=35
                    sigpic

Comment

And

OH MY GOD...GLASTONBURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GLASTONBURY MUSIC FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is BEYOND AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE is the screen...and it is MASSIVE!!!!!!!
                      http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.u...ndex.asp?id=81
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        WOW...DAVID'S UPDATED!!!!!!!!!

http://twitter.com/dhewlett

He's been busy it seems
                        And

OMG triple SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

And that screen!! Holy Moly!!

l My LJ l

Comment

Here are those Twitter Updates:

"Okay, I'm not sure twitter and I are working out...none of last week's posts have shown up!"

"Beautiful day for a day off! Then serious techno-speak for the geek Thurs. and Fri. I guess I've got some homework to do :-("

"Just updated the site on A Dog's Breakfast Stratford Film Festival win...times two! Also the hippest place to see it next!"

Soooo! It was twitter's fault! Aha! Suuuuure!

Glad he has a day off! Those never seem to come!
                          Last edited by LogicSequence; 30 May 2007, 11:06 AM.

Comment

And

Wow!! So who here is going?

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Well Glastonbury sold out (quote from wiki) "Standard tickets sold out in about one hour and 45 minutes"

And that was April 1st so uhm...no-one lol!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well Glastonbury sold out (quote from wiki) "Standard tickets sold out in about one hour and 45 minutes"

And that was April 1st so uhm...no-one lol!
                                Oh...., well those folks are in for a real treat! I hope they like it!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Working...
                                X