No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, no prob. You really want a good fic, try "Like This", a one-shot that's Beckett- and McKay-centric. Authored by A.j.

~Lucia
    This is OTAKUDOM-
    I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

My problem with the Atlantis premiere was that I couldn't see why Carter wasn't in the Gateroom to see them off. Or why she wasn't in Antartictica. I know the real reason is budget - they couldn't afford too many big name guest stars. But it didn't really make sense when you know the character - could they really keep her away from that much technology? Or from saying goodbye to MacKay?
      sigpic

Comment

In my own little version of reality, Sam WAS there- we just never saw her. I may have some ideas about that goodbye scene, too. Could come in handy for a flashback.

Comment

I look forward to reading that! I was so disappointed - watched Revelations again the other day and the chemistry between the two characters was brilliant. I still feel gutted that it wasn't MacKay in Avenger. Just one more Mackay with Sam scene would have been so good! He's her Maybourne! Now, would Jack have missed seeing Maybourne go off? No I don't think so...
          sigpic

Comment

I must admit I'd have loved a farewell scene between Sam and McKay.
            *Sigh* I think it was to do with copyright characters from the Stargate film.
            Jack and Daniel were already covered by the legalities,but Sam and Teal'c weren't.

I don't know about "Non-speaking" appearances ?
            That scene where he hands over his cat would have made a great cameo moment between them......

As for possible fan-fics all scenarios are possible: Good luck, Shadow !
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              That scene where he hands over his cat would have made a great cameo moment between them......
              **FAINTS**

oh my. well I've re-written that episode in my head now!
              sigpic

Comment

LOL! Actually,I was thinking slightly non-PG thoughts myself !

Comment

Goodbye scene will involve the two making amends (a complicated process) and Sam leaning in to give him a quick peck on the cheek- but he stops her, saying that he's heard that her kisses tend to be fatal. "Where'd you hear that? "Just lunchroom gossip." Sam tells him he shouldn't believe everything he hears and kisses him. "I'll see you when you get back. IF you get back." And she smiles and walks away, ignoring his demands to know what the hell she means by that.

Comment

That's probably how they'd play it !
                    I'm hoping that Sam can appear in a future episode.....but not too soon,as I'd like to see McKay and the rest of SG-A prove they can make it in the Pegasus Galaxy first .
                    (I hope that made sense )

Comment

I don't know about "Non-speaking" appearances ?
                      I love that idea FH! Sam keeping McKay's cat for him until he returns. I'll just pretend that's what happened.

Really, there needs to be some more scenes between these two before it's all said and done. That we didn't get McKay in Avenger instead of Felger still rankles.
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                        I love that idea FH! Sam keeping McKay's cat for him until he returns. I'll just pretend that's what happened.
                        That idea suits me too !

Originally posted by Kes
                        Really, there needs to be some more scenes between these two before it's all said and done. That we didn't get McKay in Avenger instead of Felger still rankles.
                        Maybe I missed the point of Felger ? I just can't find the character funny,except when he was teamed up with Coombs....and of the two,I far preferred Coombs anyway.
                        I saw Felger as a hopelessly delusional wannabee,with a dangerous Walter Mitty complex .
                        McKay would have been SO much better in Avenger 2.0 . He's as smart as Sam,there'd have been real chemistry and dramatic tension. He really would have been the far superior choice.

I adored McKay in the premiere,and I'm really looking forward to the rest of Atlantis . Fingers crossed that given time,there'll be a Sam appearance or more...not necessarily overtly Shippy.....subtle is fine !

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Goodbye scene will involve the two making amends (a complicated process) and Sam leaning in to give him a quick peck on the cheek- but he stops her, saying that he's heard that her kisses tend to be fatal. "Where'd you hear that? "Just lunchroom gossip." Sam tells him he shouldn't believe everything he hears and kisses him. "I'll see you when you get back. IF you get back." And she smiles and walks away, ignoring his demands to know what the hell she means by that.
                          Loved that Shadow, cept I saw it a little less PG...hehe. Get writing! I need a good McKay shipper fanfic!
                          I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Unrequieted love makes for better fics.

Besides, there's always the very likely chance of McKay's imagination running wild.

I actually have an idea, now. It may turn out a little dark. We'll see what happens. Maybe I'll go for the fluffier idea instead.

Comment

McKay would have been SO much better in Avenger 2.0 . He's as smart as Sam,there'd have been real chemistry and dramatic tension. He really would have been the far superior choice.
                              Absolutely. Add to that the fact that MacKay is a computer expert and a stargate expert, so making it plausible that he'd be able to create a gate virus. Plus the scene on the bridge where he's angsting over his life would have been so much more convincing if it was MacKay. And also, we can see why MacKay would have got where he did. With everything that Felger did wrong, how on earth did he get to the SGC?!

Replay that scene on the bridge with McKay instead of Felger, and it becomes a very powerful scene indeed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kes

Or, alternatively, the neighbor woman is just keeping the cat until Sam, who was off world at the time and unavailable, could come pick it up to keep for Rodney.
                                Slainte
                                "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Working...
                                X