Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    I think Elizabeth will.

- Rodney's AADD will kick in before too long.
    - Elizabeth is not an Ancient Device and Rodney's mind will start to wander.
    HA!
    - Elizabeth doesn't have short blonde hair (and Rodney's mind will start to wander).
    Oh, but she used to...Mwahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      Ooh, and all good ideas for his family backstory and his sis. Hopefully we'll learn more about her next season?
      I was actually motivated to write a little tag story about Rodney's sister from his comments in Hot Zone. I've never written a thing before, or even read fan fiction, so you see how inspiring the show is. It's here if you want to look at it. It was exciting to do something I've never attempted before.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

hey, i gotta question for all you thunkers out there.....what is up with all the pull-overs on Atlantis...not that i mind Rodney wearing those....because they are soooooo nice....*thunk*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
          hey, i gotta question for all you thunkers out there.....what is up with all the pull-overs on Atlantis...not that i mind Rodney wearing those....because they are soooooo nice....*thunk*
          I don't know what you mean. Do you mean that their shirts go over their heads and aren't buttoned? I think no buttons means no sewing. Who has time to sew when you have a galaxy to save. Actually, make that two galaxies.

Or are you referring to the fleece jackets in Rising? Again, no buttons means no sewing. Also, I think the jackets were the result of real good product placement.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

I think Elizabeth will.
            - Rodney's AADD will kick in before too long
            He has AADD? Or is that just speculative?
            - Elizabeth is not an Ancient Device and Rodney's mind will start to wander.
            Onto what?..Elizabeth? Or to ATA devices?
            - Elizabeth doesn't have short blonde hair (and Rodney's mind will start to wander).
            Not right now at least...
            - Rodney does the blinking thing (blink blink "What?" blink blink) more than Elizabeth does.
            Oh he so did in the antartic rising scenes around the chair, capping that scene I realised he blinked so much and so slowly too - way mroe than normal - do you think David was sleepy when they filmed that?

Comment

Rodney's AADD will kick in before too long.
              Originally posted by Purpleyin
              He has AADD? Or is that just speculative?
              That was just a joke. Rodney gets sidetracked and distracted even when facing certain danger. Like in The Brotherhood when he
              Spoiler:
              insisted on asking John about the Mensa test, totally forgetting that Kolya had a gun pointed at them.

"John and Mensa? That's new knowledge. Gotta find out more. Uh, what were we doing?"

The man just has too much stuff in his brain. It leaks out of his mouth at the oddest times.

My kind of guy:

Comment

That was just a joke. Rodney gets sidetracked and distracted even when facing certain danger. Like in The Brotherhood when he
                Spoiler:
                insisted on asking John about the Mensa test, totally forgetting that Kolya had a gun pointed at them.

"John and Mensa? That's new knowledge. Gotta find out more. Uh, what were we doing?"

The man just has too much stuff in his brain. It leaks out of his mouth at the oddest times.
                Ahh, but you see some people do go about writing him as being a hypochrondriac, asthmatic, multiple fatal allergies, seriously hypoglycemic ADD sufferer often, so I wasn't sure. Sometimes people go a bit over board with fanon assumptions or exaggerations...

Comment

Taking Rodney at his word, he's

SG1 48 Hours - deathly allergic to citrus
                  Hide and Seek - hypoglycemic
                  Thirty Eight Minutes - claustrophobic (hypoglycemia gets another mention)
                  The Defiant One - allergic to bee stings

What bugs me about fan fiction is that a lot of stories have him clumsy or so distracted that he hurts himself. He's never shown any signs of being clumsy. It's for the hurt/comfort stories, so I'm willing to go along for a good story, but a clumsy Rodney is not in any episode so far. And his distractions are verbal, not physical.

My kind of guy:

Comment

The words that led Major Sheppard to his destiny. Spoken by our Rodney.

"Major, think about where we are in the solar system."

My kind of guy:

Comment

Taking Rodney at his word, he's

SG1 48 Hours - deathly allergic to citrus
                      Okay, now when I first heard about that I thought was just some sympathy ploy that he cooked up to get closer to Carter. Food allergies are generally caused by proteins; major food allergies like nuts, fish, milk, and wheat are due to an allergic response to a particular protein(s) in those foods. Citrus has such a small amount of protein, well let's just say bodybuilders aren't rushing out to chow down on lemons.
                      But I did do some digging around and sure enough, citrus allergies are indeed real, though rather rare compared to allergies to other foods. I'm also guessing that citrus allergies could be fatal as well. Still, out of all the things that Rodney had to be allergic to the writers chose citrus? Odd, odd choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        But I did do some digging around and sure enough, citrus allergies are indeed real, though rather rare compared to allergies to other foods. I'm also guessing that citrus allergies could be fatal as well. Still, out of all the things that Rodney had to be allergic to the writers chose citrus? Odd, odd choice.
                        To me, it just makes the genius Rodney more human. I think he's just prone to allergies.

I forgot to mention that in Rising, he complains about the pollen being let in when the doors open to the outside. I bet he has hay fever, too. Or some sort of pollen allergy. I'm allergic to timothy grass, one of the grasses used to make hay, so I actually have hay fever! But I'm not allergic to ragweed (last time I was tested, a while back I must admit), a plant high on the allergy list.

He wasn't sneezing in the episodes where he was outside, like Suspicion, Childhood's End, Underground or The Brotherhood, so maybe he's ok with Pegasus Galaxy pollens.

One of the common things they give to people having a hypoglycemic reaction is orange juice. So folks have to be aware of his citrus allergy and if they give him a juice it can't be orange.

BTW, Rodney can't drink Earl Grey tea. It has oil of bergamot in it for the flavor. Bergamot is a citrus plant.

My kind of guy:

Comment

. He's never shown any signs of being clumsy. It's for the hurt/comfort stories, so I'm willing to go along for a good story, but a clumsy Rodney is not in any episode so far. And his distractions are verbal, not physical.
                          Joe Flanigan is, per IMDB, 6'2" and David's just a little shorter, certainly 6 feet. David's built average, neither stocky nor as lean as Joe, who's more an ectomorph. Nevertheless, David, as McKay, moves really well: confidently, energetically and yes, as you said, without clumsiness.

Also, speaking of physical dexterity, McKay picked up on the gun thing when he needed to. He holds them correctly. In The Siege, Part 2 he
                          Spoiler:
                          carried a P-90 with him when moving from sitting by the base of The Chair over to the console. He's learned you keep your weapon with you, and that means, with you.
                          Last edited by not so ancient; 18 April 2005, 07:41 AM. Reason: change of word
                          ~*~*~*~*~*
                          not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                            Also, speaking of physical dexterity, McKay picked up on the gun thing when he needed to. He holds them correctly. In The Siege, Part 2 he
                            Spoiler:
                            carried a P-90 with him when moving from sitting by the base of The Chair over to the console. He's learned you keep your weapon with you, and that means, with you.
                            I assumed he was trained on the P-90 way before the Seige. Like back when he joined Sheppards team. He carried the hand gun, so I know he was trained in it (he wouldn't be allowed to carry it if he wasn't). But usually, especially in the military and para-military, any weapon that you could need to use, you are trained on. So since he was with people who carried P-90's then he would have to know how to use one too in the event that he needed to pick it up during a fight or something.
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Here is a piccy from the Shep thunk thread...but I think it fits nicely here too...enjoy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                                Here is a piccy from the Shep thunk thread...but I think it fits nicely here too...enjoy
                                That's funny! Funny but oh, so wrong! Digital enhancement gone astray.

I know there are at least 4 real boxer sightings for Sheppard. Just 2 for McKay. TPTB know you can see Joe's boxers, too. Rachel made a joke about his boxers in an interview.

It's the sidearm belt. It drags down Sheppard's pants. So you get peek a boo boxer sightings.

We are so much more fortunate. We have Rodney in his boxers in Home. Here's a candid shot not in the episode.

Here's the other sighting from The Siege part 2. Cropped for spoilers. See, it's the gun belt.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X