No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If every character on the show were friendly and nice and polite and always did everything right, it would be BORING.

I love McKay. He's the reason I keep watching.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I love McKay. He's the reason I keep watching.
      Ditto to that Shadow, he makes life on Atlantis interesting.
      I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Just random thoughts:

If Rodney is "just" prone to hypoglycemic reactions, he can handle that by having any kind of nourishment and/or sugar tablets around. If an Atlantis member were actually diabetic, that could pose some problems for long off-world assignments...depending upon the type of diabetes, of course.

I'm a "foodie" in a "foodie" town. I love going out to fancy dinners and obnoxious restaurants. That said, there's also nothing I love more than mac-n-cheese with hotdog slices mixed in.

Okay, Shadow...I admit it. McKay is entering studly-dom, but then I've always had a "thing" for geeks.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Why didn't McKay mention him being hypoglycemic or maybe diabetic during his trouble in Hide and Seek? It would have explained the faint alot better and people would feel even worse for him, lol.
          I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

Comment

Originally posted by april_flower75
            Why didn't McKay mention him being hypoglycemic or maybe diabetic during his trouble in Hide and Seek? It would have explained the faint alot better and people would feel even worse for him, lol.
            Not "manly" behavior.
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
              Okay, Shadow...I admit it. McKay is entering studly-dom, but then I've always had a "thing" for geeks.
              I agree! Isn't that weird. O.o I mean, my mom loves watching movies with Vin Diesel. I look at him and think 'Ugh.'
              But throw me a geek like Joshua Lyman from the West Wing, and I'm mesmerized. Though McKay is entering the "he's pretty hot" zone about now.

~Lucia
              This is OTAKUDOM-
              I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

It WOULD have made more sense to mention it in H&S. So maybe he's making it up. Would love for Beckett to be on hand when McKay makes claims to hypoglycemia? "You ARE? That isn't in your record! Why don't you come in for some tests?"

hehe. Poor Wodney.

And yay, Anthro! The conversion process has begun...

Comment

Scary thing is, I can see that happening, Shadow.

Out of curiousity, are you still planning to do a McKay-centric fic?

~Lucia
                  This is OTAKUDOM-

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

Yeah, I thought that, but I imagined maybe Wier or Beckett mentions his hypoglycemia and he could reluctantly admit to it. That would be cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucia
                      Out of curiousity, are you still planning to do a McKay-centric fic?
                      Eventually, yes, I'm gonna TRY. But first I have to finish tweaking my con report for corinnemec.com, then I have to try and finish my romantic comedy, and there's that Nirrti/Jonas sequel I've been putting off typing up, to say nothing of notes for the next Luke story... But McKay's on the list. I just need to be inspired.

Comment

Ah. Do you have an fanfiction.net account, or something with all you fics?

~Lucia
                        This is OTAKUDOM-

Comment

I have most of my stuff on my site, Shadowlight Industries. Link is in my sig. It's mostly fluffy stuff, though. Except the Jonasfics, which are generally depressing. Romantic comedy is something original I wanna try and market. Lukefics will be on my site, Luke's site and Gateworld. McKay fic, when I get around to it, will be on Gateworld and my site. Will have to try thinking of some ideas...

Comment

A McKay fan fic would be awsome. I've tried to find a good one on this site with little sucess.

Comment

You won't find them here. Check out www.fanfiction.net. They're starting to build up a good collection. Already 55 SGA fics!

~Lucia, Fanfic Queen
                              This is OTAKUDOM-

Comment

Thanks Lucia!

Comment

Working...
                                X