No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I SO agree re that 'darkness is seductive' thing. Would you say McKay has a 'darkness' to his character at all? Was just sitting here pondering (like you do when you should be working. Ahem) and I think McKay is the first 'hero' I've liked in a long time who doesn't seem to have an obvious darkness to him although he certainly is a reluctant hero and there's all those snarky traits of his we know and love...
    I don't see McKay as having 'darkness' to his character. I mean, at least to me, darkness is this evil inclination that some folks have. The joy of doing evil...no remorse...no second thoughts. McKay has clearly had a tough childhood and his intellect probably set him apart, but to me, he's just sullen because he is alone and lonely even in the midst of a crowd. He doesn't really fit in and he knows it and he doesn't really want to make the effort to change it (even if, deep down, he wants to be liked). He's more of a 'sad' character, rather than a 'dark' character. He has so many positive qualities and so much room for emotional growth (the writers can do some really fun things with him over time). Arrogance and pompous behavior can cover a whole lot of insecurity for some people. I think McKay fits this category.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
      Oh, well, if it means I'm looking at David a lot, I guess that can't be a bad thing. If I ever meet him at a convention, I think I'll have a brain freeze. I probably will have to make some blue 3 by 5 card notes like Rodney had in Letters From Pegasus. With reminders like "Breathe!" Or "Stop looking at his hands." Or "Don't fall into those blue eyes." Maybe "Blink!" would be good, too.
      Mwahaha! I dare anyone who ever gets the chance to meet DH to bring some notecards and use them when talking to him. Gods, that would be hysterical. And photos! Must take photos as proof!

Has David been to any fan conventions yet? I think the poor guy would be mobbed if he did. I get the feeling that his character is the most popular out of all the SGA cast.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
        Mwahaha! I dare anyone who ever gets the chance to meet DH to bring some notecards and use them when talking to him. Gods, that would be hysterical. And photos! Must take photos as proof!

Has David been to any fan conventions yet? I think the poor guy would be mobbed if he did. I get the feeling that his character is the most popular out of all the SGA cast.
        I believe he went to atleast one early in the show. May have been comicCon. I think all if not most of the Atlantis cast was at that one. Someone posted pictures (some where. Don't ask me, I don't remember where or who) anyways, they had pics with Hewlett and he was just acting all silly laying on his table giving them a good toosh shot for the camera.
        "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
        "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
        Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
        Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
        "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
        Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
        Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
        (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
          Just remember... I like it hot!
          Just how I like my fic. And my men!

Writing Rodney calls for extra chipotle!
          ~*~*~*~*~*
          not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
            I believe he went to atleast one early in the show. May have been comicCon. I think all if not most of the Atlantis cast was at that one. Someone posted pictures (some where. Don't ask me, I don't remember where or who) anyways, they had pics with Hewlett and he was just acting all silly laying on his table giving them a good toosh shot for the camera.
            OMG! How completely silly!!!! From the little "From Stargate to Atlantis" thing, you could see David definitely likes cracking jokes and cutting up. The guy's happy with his Atlantis gig, and I'm happy for him.

Got to love a man with a sense of silliness. It keeps them young, vibrant and juicy.
            ~*~*~*~*~*
            not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

I think this site was one of the best about fan meetings
              http://randomhewlettramblers.bravehost.com/

And I believe this calls for a repost of a very thunkworthy picture some newbies may have missed!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                I think this site was one of the best about fan meetings
                http://randomhewlettramblers.bravehost.com/

And I believe this calls for a repost of a very thunkworthy picture some newbies may have missed!
                Oh...my...
                Need a bucket! Stat!

Comment

Oh...my...
                  Need a bucket! Stat!
                  I'm gonna presume you mean water there but for a seond my mind was totally confused as to why you'd need a bucket...

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                    OMG! How completely silly!!!! From the little "From Stargate to Atlantis" thing, you could see David definitely likes cracking jokes and cutting up. The guy's happy with his Atlantis gig, and I'm happy for him.
                    Got to love a man with a sense of silliness. It keeps them young, vibrant and juicy.
                    JUICY!!! Oops! I said that out loud and everyone I work with is looking at me funny. Totally agree with the silliness part. One reason I don't have a boyfriend. Kind of hard to find someone with a good sence of humor. Let alone someone who could handle MY humor. Although David and I seem to be on the same level....... Oh David!!!! Hi honey!
                    "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                    "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                    Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                    Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                    "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                    Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                    Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                    (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Has David been to any fan conventions yet?
                      Yes, he has. He was at the San Diego Comic Book convention in July 2004 with the rest of the Atlantis cast. He was at a London convention in Nov 2004.

He's currently scheduled for Australian The Best of Both Worlds convention in Nov 2005. Paul Gillion (Beckett) and David Nykl (Zelenka) are also scheduled.

Hey, David, how about an US Northeast convention? I'm even willing to go to Toronto if that's what it takes. Take a pass on that movie with Vincenzo. (Ha, just joking. I'd love to see David in another Natali movie. If they would just release them to Region 1!)

And before Atlantis, David used to go to film festivals for his independent movies.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Kind of hard to find someone with a good sence of humor. Let alone someone who could handle MY humor. Although David and I seem to be on the same level...
                        From the 55 Questions with David Hewlett interview on GateWorld

What do you consider your best attribute?
                        I laugh easily.

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

And some of the serious stuff keeps on ending u on the thunk thread too. Oops.
                          Exactly! Can we please move the serious stuff back here because I miss the thunking!

sigpic
                          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Oh...my...
                            Need a bucket! Stat!
                            I'm gonna presume you mean water there but for a seond my mind was totally confused as to why you'd need a bucket...
                            I think Toaster needs a bucket for the drool.

My kind of guy:

Comment

From Rising part 1. The first time McKay and Sheppard meet.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                I think Toaster needs a bucket for the drool.
                                I'm all out of buckets but I have plenty of towels. *Leaves towels at the thread door.*

Comment

Working...
                                X