Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    I want to see the SG1 eps at least for the Rodney/Sam interactions. ("pianist", ha!) There's another ship that's extremely interesting but is never going to be canonized.
    Actually, I think it is somewhat canon, at least in a minor sense since
    Spoiler:
    Sam kissed Rodney in Redemption II, he's talked about her in Childhood's End, and he sent her a message in Letters From Pegasus. Although he told Ford to cut it, he was actually going to send it to her before he got flustered. And then there's the SG1 Mobius alternate time line version of Rodney that was making the moves on alternate time line Sam.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

More from Rising part 1. For you Jack and Daniel SG1 fans -

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
        We seem to have been a wee bit picture deficient over the past page or two
        Well, then, have another from Rising Part 1. Rodney is really happy to be talking about Atlantis.

I hope this isn't getting too personal, but since David is so cute, I wonder what his 5 younger sisters look like. That must be a good looking family.

My kind of guy:

Comment

It would be interesting to see what his sisters look like. Wonder if his family is very into acting etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            And aaobuttons needs inspiration for fanfic? *digs around for chocolate*
            Actually, I'm more of a Chips and Salsa kind of girl, but chocolate works in a pinch!

I've actually been doing a "hooking up" discussion with McKay and Ford (not hooking up with each other!) in my head all day, I might write it down tonight or tomorrow if I get time.
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
              Actually, I'm more of a Chips and Salsa kind of girl, but chocolate works in a pinch!

I've actually been doing a "hooking up" discussion with McKay and Ford (not hooking up with each other!) in my head all day, I might write it down tonight or tomorrow if I get time.
              Ooo. spicy salsa?
              I'd love to read the hooking up thing, sounds great. I love to read fic where Ford is actually used and explored. Proud F.O.R.D wannabee here as well as DH appreciator/thunker (think we need a name for someone who does both because it's a bit lengthy to type - yeah, I know I'm lazy).

I just found the thread post count feature and scarily I've contributed 1/5 of the thread!

Comment

Cant believe i forgot this quote from LFP!-

Rodney: Don't be so analog

lol! cracks me up everytime!

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Wow. HP AND SG fans on this thread. What more could you ask for?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    Ooo. spicy salsa?
                    I'd love to read the hooking up thing, sounds great. I love to read fic where Ford is actually used and explored. Proud F.O.R.D wannabee here as well as DH appreciator/thunker (think we need a name for someone who does both because it's a bit lengthy to type - yeah, I know I'm lazy).
                    how about thunkiator?

sigpic

Comment

Hmm. Mckay has a rather different darkness to him than most characters. The part of him that thinks the worst of situations but I feel the darkest part would be how he feels of himself, that he criticises himself most of all; his snarky wit and overanalysis doesn't stop at others but starts from within.
                      McKay is a man of passion. As such, there is always the possibility that McKay that could go over to the dark side. Those on the dark side don't believe they're wrong, they believe they're right and others are wrong.

McKay has the passion of his beliefs. Childhood's End is an example where McKay could have done something wrong for what he thought was the greater good. Weir (and Teyla) knew that what McKay wanted to do was wrong.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Hmm, that last post from me wasn't thunk. Here's some thunk.

McKay does gesture a lot with his left hand, doesn't he? You know, I tried standing like he's standing and gesturing with my left. That feels really awkward to me, having my right arm behind my back like that and waving my left arm. But it feels ok to have my left behind my back and my right in front.

Wow, how did this become about me?

My kind of guy:

Comment

It would be interesting to see what his sisters look like. Wonder if his family is very into acting etc.
                          I know from an interview that one sister was working with him at Darkyl Media. And in another he's said that his sisters are funnier than he is. He must belong to a happy family.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                            Hmm, that last post from me wasn't thunk.
                            Yeah, we should probably move this dark!McKay discussion over to the McKay thread.

Comment

YAY! I finally got Rodney's shirt in moebius part 2 pics! I would've had them earlier if I new Windows movie maker can capture images, but oh well
                              I'll only put the links incase their considered spoilerish

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Atlantis05/1.jpg
                              http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Atlantis05/2.jpg
                              http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Atlantis05/3.jpg

Hand-pointing Rodney!-
                              http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Atlantis05/4.jpg

and an animated pic! (aren't you guys glad you got me! )-
                              http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...ebiuspart2.gif

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                Actually, I think it is somewhat canon, at least in a minor sense since
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam kissed Rodney in Redemption II, he's talked about her in Childhood's End, and he sent her a message in Letters From Pegasus. Although he told Ford to cut it, he was actually going to send it to her before he got flustered. And then there's the SG1 Mobius alternate time line version of Rodney that was making the moves on alternate time line Sam.
                                Aw, more like UST. Poor Rodney. Still want to see Sam in season 2 though, maybe she can let him down gently? Or maybe she can stomp on his tender heart and drag him over to the dark side...

Hmm, that last post from me wasn't thunk. Here's some thunk.
                                Even though I can't see Jack's face in these pics I just get the feeling that he and Elizabeth are thinking "What the hell is he talking about?" Sigh, the burdens of being a genius.

Oh, and I don't know about Rodney having a dark side, but it would certainly be interesting to see. He certainly has a hard enough time with all the stress of having to know the solutions to major problems (Sheppard pressuring him in The Storm, Elizabeth pressuring him in Siege pt 1), not to mention all his barriers that he puts up to keep people from getting close. (Hedgehog's dilemma for those Eva fans.)

Originally posted by purpleyin
                                I just found the thread post count feature and scarily I've contributed 1/5 of the thread!
                                (Psst...That's nothing - you should see the ship thread.)

*Goes to make some salsa*

Comment

Working...
                                X