No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what happened to me after yesterday? I am pissed.
    Spoiler:
    I mean, they hit me in the morning with the 14 episodes of "still the same perfect Carter" in S4 and then the thing with Weir.
    I mean, I am not so big Weir fan, she made few big mistakes and sometimes I would kill her. But she belongs there, they make a perfect team. And instead of writing more lines or even episode for Teyla or Ronon, they bring a character who is already ten years in television.
    And the new doctor. Don´t understand me wrong, I liked Kaylee in Firefly but she is simply too young for a doctor. I am in same age! And even if she is some super-geeky person who started at college in 15, she still wouldn´t have enough practise to be leader of medical section in expedition in another galaxy....but I will give her a chance bc Paul seems to be satisfied that it´s her who will be there instead of him.

But I have now lots of problems, I am not able to focus on my exams. I am 24 and I went back to school after 3 years and it´s just not so easy to learn. And then we are the big troubled family which has problems with all branches of its parts and all the problems end in our side...
    And not talking about my ex-boyfriend who thinks that woman can´t leave before he gives permission so he is constantly calling and even bothers my parents on the phone

So I have Atlantis as an escape. I know it´s not perfect, not at all, but I have there Rodney and Carson and Radek. One of them out, and I have serious doubts if Zelenka survives S4 and that there will be any S5...
    I am very, very depressed right now....

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))

Comment

Hey all!

Apparently David makes a funny appearance in the Andy Mikita interview...just thought I'd give a heads up

http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...ntItemID=30070
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Phew! I've finally managed to catch up with the last few pages of this thread, and now I have to get off the computer in a minute! But anyway, now I've heard various bits of news

spoilers for season 4
          Spoiler:
          I agree with you, Willow about Sam; I'm not too bothered about whether or not she is in SGA. My main worry, though, is that if she is in season 4 a lot, does that mean they re-establish contact with Earth early on? I do hope not, because I think it will be so much better if they are completely cut off from Earth for a long time. So I hope they have some other way of bringing Sam in to it. As for Torri, I have been reading through an NCIS forum recently, and there was a lot of outrage at the actress who played Kate being written out of that series, but then it turned out she had asked to leave because she wanted some peace and quiet to start trying for a baby, and now she is a mum. I wonder if the situation with Torri could be something similar?? Although I have no reason for thinking that, I hasten to add!

Gotta go.
          Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Dang- I got away for the weekend, and everything blows up.

1) David Hewlett rocks. Seriously.

2) Season 4 might be my last season watching SGA. It's like watching a slow death. I've always been a music nerd, but this is the 1st time I have become completely enamored with a tv show. Watching tptb screw with it makes me scared that they'll lose the *spark* of the show (this season, it really has come back). I fear the changes, as they are getting rid of loved ones.

3) AT, PM and TH. I don't want McKay turning into a incompetent, drooling idiot with Carter. Carson; I've mentally shed my tears and Weir; I'm not a fan of hers, but I am use to her being there.

4) No matter what, we'll always have fanfic. Even if the show turns into a terrible joke, I can always read better storylines.

5) I, also, want to see McKay call Sheppard "John" but for slashy reasons.

6) David Hewlett rocks. Seriously.
            sigpic
            Sig by im_meli
            More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

I think that this is Joe Flanigan, and not Mallozzi because Mallozzi's wife is Fondy, and Flanigan's wife is Katherine.

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
              Trivia and gleamings from the video
              Talks about dinner with Joe Mallozzi
              He does some funny accents
              He spent $250 on truffles without realizing it, when Joe Mallozzi was paying!

Comment

Originally posted by localfocus View Post
                I think that this is Joe Flanigan, and not Mallozzi because Mallozzi's wife is Fondy, and Flanigan's wife is Katherine.
                Huh, I just skimmed over sueKay's post since I had already watched the video and missed her mistake. It's Flanigan since the interviewer asked if David spends all his off time with other Atlantis actors because he misses them.

At dinner with Joe, the server kept offering to shave some truffles over his food and David, not realizing what the truffles cost, kept saying ok. David figures he owes Joe a mortgage payment since he thinks he must have had like 10 servings of the $50-a-pop truffles.

Kate Hewlett has a new blog entry. She says she was in Vancouver for a photo shoot for "A Dog's Breakfast". Stuck there because of the snow. Drinking champagne with David and Jane. Kate gave up beer! And here I am, a non drinker, trying to learn to drink beer.

Last night I took a break from the 'net and actually turned on the TV. And what was on my local CW network? David's episode of Without a Trace! He had 3 scenes in the episode and although I only caught the end of the show, I managed to see 2 of them.

Some caps.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  I switched to IE 7 and GW looks like crap! The text is all blurry, I may have to switch back to 6... I hate that. I thought it was my monitor, but no it is only GW that looks bad.
                  Ugh, sorry for that. I'm a Firefox fan, myself.

Audio interview with David about Atlantis!! (May contain spoilers)

It's 54 MINUTES LONG!

http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...ntItemID=30070
                  Wow! Read the transcript for this this morning (thanks prion! ) and the highlights posted here (thanks Sue and Watcher! ). Wish I could actually see it though. *curses dialup* Thanks for posting some caps from it Watcher!

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                  I cried a lot today because of real life stuff, and now I came home and found my only happy place to be a reason for sadness too.
                  (((Arlessiar))) Lot's of changes going on everywhere. Keep your chin up.

Sadly, I think with David being such a big sci fi geek, he's probably still just bouncing with excitement that he's on Stargate...I know I would be!
                  Yeah, I bet it all looks different from the driver's seat. What I wouldn't give to be in that car.

Re: Season 4 casting
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm not sure what to make of all this. There are a lot of changes happening in a short amount of time. I don't mind AT coming over for a few eps, but 14! Nope.

As a McWeir shipper I'm sadened to hear the news about Tori/Weir demoted to recurring status.

And while, yes, having a lot of changes occur on a tv show is being true to real life, as I keep reading in a certain someone's interviews , I fear that it's going to have some serious repurcussions in the real world.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Thanks watcher for posting about Kate's update, so maybe that is why David hasn't posted news on his site too busy drinking Champagne and posing! But where was David when she was baby sitting Mars??? You know Kate had me thinking and wildly speculating... season 4 spoilers/musings/speculation
                    Spoiler:
                    Wouldn't it be so cool if she was going to be in SGA season 4?!?! She may be gaged at the moment which is why she can't post about it, but you know the spoilers from Joe Mallozzi do hint at Jeannie being in SGA again! And Brad said something about the first half of the season being written or outlined already, which is what I assume David was referring to when he talked about Jewel's character, maybe the actors got early runs of the scripts/story so they could get a feel for the "new" season. So maybe Kate has already been asked to re-appear as Jeannie.

I did say wildly speculating.

Pavane, thanks for the PM reply...that is something I will have to think about.

Comment

Kate was in "Vangroovey" (as David calls it lol!) for an ADB photoshoot...

As for dog-sitting for him...maybe this is about the leaked interviews? Maybe cos some spoilers got leaked beforehand, all the cast got called in for y'know...pointers as to how to handle fan questions and such.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm converting the interviews into mp3s and here's the first, the David interview It's 49.7 MB and is hosted at mediafire. http://www.mediafire.com/?cmukmjdzymj Enjoy. Feel free to mirror and share wherever.

I'm also doing tests on converting them into avis. Trying to get the best quality to size ratio down. When I'm done with them, I'll post the DH and the Andy Mikita ones here, and the others in the TPTB interview thread.

Comment

If someone makes the originals available, I can convert them to an iPod video format.

Might be able to manage avi. too, but I might have deleted the software.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                            You know Kate had me thinking and wildly speculating... season 4 spoilers/musings/speculation
                            Spoiler:
                            Wouldn't it be so cool if she was going to be in SGA season 4?!?! She may be gaged at the moment which is why she can't post about it, but you know the spoilers from Joe Mallozzi do hint at Jeannie being in SGA again! And Brad said something about the first half of the season being written or outlined already, which is what I assume David was referring to when he talked about Jewel's character, maybe the actors got early runs of the scripts/story so they could get a feel for the "new" season. So maybe Kate has already been asked to re-appear as Jeannie.

I did say wildly speculating.
                            My first thought was
                            Spoiler:
                            that she might be involved with Starcrossed somehow. But I'll take Jeannie on Atlantis, too!

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                            Pavane, thanks for the PM reply...that is something I will have to think about.
                            You're welcome.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

If someone makes the originals available, I can convert them to an iPod video format.

Might be able to manage avi. too, but I might have deleted the software.
                              Any help will be great! I converted it into tv quality iPod video last night and it was over 700 MB! Despite my profession, I'm not very experienced at converting files for online sharing and maintaining quality. So I'm having to do tests. Experienced help is welcome

I've crossposted the links to the files everywhere today People will get sick of me, so sorry to those who have seen it.

The links to the interviews are

Brad Wright http://www.mediafire.com/?4ywkxwwtmnj and is 168.2 MB

Robert C Cooper http://www.mediafire.com/?emww2nvatvz and is 158.3 MB

David Hewlett http://www.mediafire.com/?7nn2ywnktzi and is 205.3 MB

Martin Wood http://www.mediafire.com/?cnmmmjwk2m1 at 203.5 MB

Andy Mikita http://www.mediafire.com/?5mzmnqzytn2 at 92.7 MB

John Smith http://www.mediafire.com/?2yzqzu3jgxz at 71.9 MB

The files are the same .flv filetype that Youtube uses, so the various utilities out there that can play and convert .flv files will work on the downloaded interviews.

Here are the interviews converted into mp3s.

David Hewlett: http://www.mediafire.com/?cmukmjdzymj and is 49.7 MB

Brad Wright: http://www.mediafire.com/?cnk2mmu0med and is 40.7 MB

Robert C Cooper: http://www.mediafire.com/?dm3xtymznct and is 38.3 MB

Andy Mikita: http://www.mediafire.com/?1zi20g3twly and is 22.5 MB

Martin Wood: http://www.mediafire.com/?fzmm1dzjimr and is 49.2 MB

John Smith: http://www.mediafire.com/?ao4mamykomm and is 17.4 MB
                              Last edited by localfocus; 15 January 2007, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Yay!

Okay...

WHO WANTS ME TO CONVERT THIS TO IPOD/MP4 FORMAT?

I won't unless enough folk ask, cos it slows down my comp!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X