Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
    I just logged in and haven't read the latest posts in the thread yet, but I saw someone's post count and so:

CONGRATS Willow'sCat on 6000 posts!<> I hope these pics will do:

(Spoiler for Tao)

He's waiting there just for you. Do with him what you want.
    OH and Yum that last one with the um chest...how I even manage to type after looking at that (heehee let your mind go anywhere you like with that statement ).

Thanks A! Very nice.

On a slightly less nice note... unless you LOVE SAM/RODNEY.... which I do but not this much!

Spoilers season 4 SGA

Spoiler:
    According to Brad Wright Amanda/Sam will be in 14 (yes 14) episodes of SGA in season 4. Now nothing on how much time in each episode, but it makes me wonder if maybe she will be a little more permanent on Atlantis (the City) then previously thought, I mean a lot of talk in the "gating to Atlantis" thread was about her being on Earth or something, a small one or two episode appearance.... Well it really doesn't seem like that now.

And no sorry I am not happy about this, I just don't want McKay back peddling in the Carter department. Could it actually be good for McKay? Yes... maybe, but so far IMHO all the Carter/McKay interactions on SGA and recent SG-1 have been "fun/funny" at the expense of McKay. I DO NOT NEED THAT!
    Last edited by Willow'sCat; 14 January 2007, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Dropping by for another sec.
      Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
      Arlessiar- keep your chin up. It will get better. I hope you have a great place to move into. We're with you!
      Thanks so much! *hugs*
      As for Mr. Busy pants, I really hope he doesn't burn out this year. Hit show, movie coming out, new show in the works and a wedding. Eeek!
      I agree with those who say he's a bit of a workaholic. Didn't Jane even say somewhere that DH doesn't know what to do the whole day long while SGA is on hiatus? That man probably needs having a full calendar.

And who knows if they're really marrying this year? It's likely, but not definitely.
      By the way, I thought it was very funny when David said in the latest interview that Jane probably didn't expect the proposal, because David was "professing such distaste for the idea of marriage". Once bitten...?

Originally posted by JuneBug625 View Post
      I'm so happy for David but I just hope it doesn't mean we'll see less of him on SGA...
      I have no idea if he will be starring in the series himself or not, I thought not, then the article said he would, then it said he won't.... I maybe better wait until he announces the show on his website officially before I speculate about it any more.

But no matter if he will star in it or not, I'm happy for him and at the same time hoping that he'll have enough time left for SGA!

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
      I have great news. I just got my 1st cna job and will start on Monday!
      Congrats!

Originally posted by SeiyaTheLeaper View Post
      Following the announcement of David and Jane's engagement, a group of fans from his dgeek forum (found on "A Dog's Breakfast"'s website) decided to get together and plan a surprise to celebrate the happy event.
      http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group...breakfastfans/
      I'm a lurking member in that group and read about the idea. I'm a bit undecided concerning this, on the one hand I think it's a very nice idea and would like to participate, on the other hand I'm not sure if the fans should get involved at all when it comes to his wedding...
      Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      I switched to IE 7 and GW looks like crap! The text is all blurry, I may have to switch back to 6... I hate that. I thought it was my monitor, but no it is only GW that looks bad.
      Have the same problem. Looks crappy.
      David hasn't *as of now* updated his site, so I think he is either way too busy or he is waiting for *shrugs* I don't, some reason.
      I'm still very busy myself, so I don't mind that he hasn't updated yet, makes it less difficult for me to stay up-to-date.
      OH and Yum that last one with the um chest...how I even manage to type after looking at that (heehee let your mind go anywhere you like with that statement ).
      I will, I will...
      Thanks A! Very nice.
      You're welcome, darling!
      On a slightly less nice note... unless you LOVE SAM/RODNEY.... which I do but not this much!
      Spoilers season 4 SGA[...]
      Crappy news in my opinion. I'm officially frustrated now. DH might be happy as he enjoys working with AT, but I worry about the character of McKay.

Back to boxes and empty rooms,
      Bye, A.

ETA: I just got your pm, Willow. Can't answer it right now, have to leave. So I just add this quickly:
      Spoiler:
      No, I don't know more about the trouble X. was having. I was wondering about that myself, even asked her about it, but she didn't say anything specific. The usual sh*t then, I guess. Some people in the fandom are simply morons. Poor X.
      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Audio interview with David about Atlantis!! (May contain spoilers)

It's 54 MINUTES LONG!

http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...ntItemID=30070
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post

It's 54 MINUTES LONG!

Aaah! Not an audio! It's a Video! Look at all the hand waving! He does that hands-around-a-ZedPM motion I love. And he's wearing that cool tshirt and jacket he had on at the LA convention.

Hey, which blog entry did David write about jumping up and down in the elevator with Jane? I can't find it.

edit: Oh, this interview was before the holidays. About halfway thru the interview he's asked about his holiday plans.

edit2: OK, he talks about "Sunday" about 38 minutes into the video. Major spoilers! Especially it you have heard the rumours. According to the interviewer, this video is supposed to up after "Sunday" airs, but somebody must have been going by the production number, not the actual air date. "Sunday" hasn't aired anywhere yet! And the U.S isn't going to see it until at least May, if not later.

edit3: The last thing on the video? David says he knows he's a very good kisser because Jane tells him that all the time. Aww!
          Last edited by watcher652; 14 January 2007, 05:26 AM.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

It cut out on me before I got to the Sunday spoilers...care to share?
            sigpic

Comment

Spoilers season 4 SGA

Spoiler:
              According to Brad Wright Amanda/Sam will be in 14 (yes 14) episodes of SGA in season 4. Now nothing on how much time in each episode, but it makes me wonder if maybe she will be a little more permanent on Atlantis (the City) then previously thought, I mean a lot of talk in the "gating to Atlantis" thread was about her being on Earth or something, a small one or two episode appearance.... Well it really doesn't seem like that now.

And no sorry I am not happy about this, I just don't want McKay back peddling in the Carter department. Could it actually be good for McKay? Yes... maybe, but so far IMHO all the Carter/McKay interactions on SGA and recent SG-1 have been "fun/funny" at the expense of McKay. I DO NOT NEED THAT!

Spoiler:
              No, no, no, no, nooooo! I feel sick.... I really, really don´t want Rodney acting like an idiot and if for SGA will write authors from SG1, who made such crap like Irresponsible, I am afraid it will look like that

I had an idea which helps me, maybe that Carter will be commander of some Earth ship, and coming to Atlantis regulery but I doubt it

Seriously, first Carson and now this...I am in Czech fandom one of the few who still believe in future of SGA...but if it will look this way...they even don´t want to give to SGA chance stand on its own. I HATE THEM.
              Last edited by Klenotka; 14 January 2007, 06:19 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

It's 54 MINUTES LONG!

Does anyone know if there is or will be a transcript of this anywhere? It's lovely to watch David and hear his voice as he talks, but as I'm hard of hearing, I can't make out anything of substance of what he's *saying*.
                Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I don't think so

I'm making some notes on it just now
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think so

I'm making some notes on it just now
                    Thanks, a summary would be lovely!
                    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Trivia and gleamings from the video

His hands are in OVERDRIVE! LOL!
                      David can/could do handstands
                      He put CJ in ADB so that people would finally believe they were different people lol!
                      Loves the character of Kaylee in Firefly/Serenity
                      Would like to be wheeled around the set
                      Did the 'McKay snap and point' at Jane, and Jane wasn't happy...that was when she gave him the 15 minute thing lol!
                      He says McKay's whining is catching...he enjoys it!
                      ADB is a 'Fish called Wanda'-esque comedy
                      ADB will be released on DVD and online
                      Talks about dinner with Joe Mallozzi
                      He does some funny accents
                      He spent $250 on truffles without realizing it, when Joe Mallozzi was paying!
                      He's talked about directing an episode of Atlantis
                      Didn't do his homework at high school lol!
                      McKay is Action Nerd!
                      He gets faint at the sight of blood so that's why he decided not to be a doctor
                      He wanted to be Rock Star (the lost Duran Duran member he says lol!)
                      Says his family looked like a band
                      If he wasn't an actor, he'd be a really bad drummer in a club somewhere lol!
                      He got a postcard from Rachel who's in Tanzania just now...they're very good friends, and their dogs are friends too
                      Jason is 'big on picking people up'
                      Torri 'is the coolest individual in the world'

and end of season spoilers
                      Spoiler:
                      Big explosions in the finale...cast had to keep out of the gate room...some 'renovation' of the gate room
                      Everyone is in serious peril at the end of s3
                      Dr. Keller is going to be Canadian
                      Seems Jewel might already have filmed stuff, as he said Keller had 'been saving other people' (as in not McKay)
                      Sunday is 'harrowing'
                      David believes Beckett will be back
                      Near the end when asked about Paul, he laughingly mouths 'Paul is dead' with a throat slitting motion

This video is very obviously an "accidental" leak...in the last ten minutes it's kind of cut together strangely (probably for sound bytes for promos etc)
                      sigpic

Comment

Trivia and gleamings from the video
                        Thanks, these are exactly the kind of pointers I need to follow along!
                        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

hey all,

god, that was a long interview! I had to pick my brother up half way though.

I can't wait to see what David does with starcrossed. Sounds a right laugh.

On the AT note

Spoiler:

I do NOT want her there! She's okay on SG1 but i hate when the two of them are together. McKay is made to look like an idiot. McKay will take a backsit and, what do you know, another female is added to the show. IMO, Atlantis will be come another SG1 which is a real shame cos i like SGA not
                          SG1. The way SGA is going in season 4, i don't think i'll be watching it like i have the last 3 years.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Well...

I will be tuning out of Atlantis

Spoiler:

So they bring Jewel, Amanda and Michael Beach out...

then they kick out Paul McGillion

...then they CONFIRM that they've kicked out TORRI HIGGINSON

I am fuming!
                            sigpic

Comment

please where are you getting this information.?

Comment

I just listened to the Brad Wright interview at stargatesg1.com

Here's some quotes I transcribed

Spoiler:

On AT

"Amanda Tapping is coming to join the Atlantis TEAM"

"She'll be coming in her own spaceship"

"It's something we've been thinking about for some time but SG1 just kept going"

"She's going to be a welcome addition."

On Torri

"Torri Higginson is also coming back for some period of time. She's going to be a recurring character."

"I don't want to give too much more away"

"nobody goes away in sci fi...they always come back"

"I would love, of course, to bring SG1 people over"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X