No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this entry on the Joe Mallozzi Q&A thread in General Discussion. I'm sorry if it has been discussed before.

January 16th, 2005, 02:13 AM
    JMallozzi
    Stargate SG-1 Executive Producer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi
    Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
    Hey Joe--

Is there any possibility the directors could get Michael Shanks to T A L K S L O W E R? Since Daniel descended, 'he's' been talkingsofastIcanhardlyunderstandhimattimes.

Loved that you had Daniel speak Russian in Full Alert.
    Last year, we were noticing that, for some reason, the episodes were coming in short even though the scripts were as long (or, in many instances, longer) as scripts from previous seasons. The reason? You guessed it. But as fast a talker as DJ is, he's got nothing on McKay who reigns supreme as "the fastest talker in scifi".
    I always knew McKay was the fastest! I bet it doesn't hurt that David is a scifi fan. I wonder how many extra pages of technobabble they can stick in because David is so fast in his delivery. Or it doesn't even have to be a expansion of the technobabble. There could be time for an extra sentence or two for another characater to make the show that much better.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I got my volume 1 DVD of atlantis the other day, so naturally I sat down and watched it. And I had just noticed some of the more subtle things that he's says that you wouldn't necesarily catch the first time around. And to be honest it's absolutly hilarious! (Just thought I'd show my apprecition fo McKay )
      WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        Okay, I have a question for all you McKay people. Sheppard has called McKay 'Rodney' many times throughout the season but has McKay ever once called Sheppard 'John'? For that matter, how many people has he addressed with their first name so far?

Also Carson (Beckett), and Peter (Grodin). And as already mentioned, Elizabeth and Radek.

I've only ever heard him refer to the Major as 'Major' and Ford as 'Ford'. I seem to recall in Hot Zone
        Spoiler:
        he referred to his team by surnames only
        but in The Defiant One
        Spoiler:
        he referred to the scientist who survivied the initial Wraith attack as 'Brendan', both in the Wraith ship and in the Jumper.
        McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
        Grodin, "You can fix anything."
        McKay, "Who told you that?"
        Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
          I got my volume 1 DVD of atlantis the other day, so naturally I sat down and watched it. And I had just noticed some of the more subtle things that he's says that you wouldn't necesarily catch the first time around. And to be honest it's absolutly hilarious! (Just thought I'd show my apprecition fo McKay )
          Ditto!!! I really hadn't remembered just how funny he is through those episodes, and as you say, a lot of it so subtle you almost miss it. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
            I found this entry on the Joe Mallozzi Q&A thread in General Discussion. I'm sorry if it has been discussed before.

January 16th, 2005, 02:13 AM
            JMallozzi
            Stargate SG-1 Executive Producer
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I always knew McKay was the fastest! I bet it doesn't hurt that David is a scifi fan. I wonder how many extra pages of technobabble they can stick in because David is so fast in his delivery. Or it doesn't even have to be a expansion of the technobabble. There could be time for an extra sentence or two for another characater to make the show that much better.

I just LOVE his fast delivery of anything technical. I usually watch and find I'VE not taken a breath while HE'S talking!!! How dumb is that???!!!

But despite that David's always got such range, knowing when to slow something down or emphasise a few words out of it all. Have I mentioned before that I think he's a brilliant actor??

Comment

It's been kinda lonely round here today, where IS everyone???

Will have to console myself by watching Cube, and then un stressing myself after all that horror by re-watching the Atlantis DVD for the er ahem I think it's the fourth time now... kinda lost track a little....

Could be a very exhausting weekend of viewing but hey, what's a girl to do???

Here's a quote from Hide and Seek for you.

Grodin "Is it possible that the gene therapy might not be permanent?"
              Beckett (without much certainty) "It's possible..."
              McKay "I'm a dead man..."

I just love his delivery on that!

And I also love, right at the very start...

McKay "You got your eye on anyone hm?"
              Beckett "Not especially, no."
              McKay "Actually I was talking to the mouse."

I'd actually forgotten that little exchange.
              So nice to see McKay is definitely an animal lover.

Comment

I always knew McKay was the fastest! I bet it doesn't hurt that David is a scifi fan. I wonder how many extra pages of technobabble they can stick in because David is so fast in his delivery.
                I like to think that his fast delivery of lines is directly proportional to the amount of coffee his character has consumed. If Atlantis eventually runs out of the stuff his team would actually be able to understand him. If he wasn't in some sort of caffeine-withdrawl coma that is.

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
                Will have to console myself by watching Cube, and then un stressing myself after all that horror by re-watching the Atlantis DVD for the er ahem I think it's the fourth time now... kinda lost track a little....
                Lucky, at least you have that option. Round here I have to wait for the boxset until what, November?! *Bangs head against monitor*

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
                  Give us some examples of these subtle things?
                  sigpic
                  http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

More from The Gift.

McKay looks rather bemused here.

Such a nice twinkle in Rodney's eyes. Ford, why are you frowning?

Oh, he looks so cute here!

Not so happy McKay. His coffee cup is empty!

(I was just drooling at all the equipment surrounding Rodney. I am such a geek!)

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Here's a new promo shot of McKay.

Funny thing, this doesn't look like McKay to me at all. But it does look like David Hewlett. Does that make any sense?

My kind of guy:

Comment

(I was just drooling at all the equipment surrounding Rodney. I am such a geek!)
                        Oh no kidding!! I've actually used the oscilloscope in the foreground of this pic. The flat thing with the four red lights to the right of it looks familiar too... I wanna say it's an old computer power supply/surge protector. And I really really want to know what's in the racks behind Rodney. Hopefully that will be on the set tour at the April convention and I'll get a chance to see everything first hand. I'm gonna drive the tour guide nuts because I'm soooo going to want to play with all the geek!toys.

Comment

Funny thing, this doesn't look like McKay to me at all. But it does look like David Hewlett. Does that make any sense?
                          Well, that's an extremely happy McKay, certainly a rarity on the show so far so I can see how he looks more like the actor and less like the character. Now, if he had looked smug or exasperated then I'm sure we would have no problem spotting the McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
                            It's been kinda lonely round here today, where IS everyone???
                            Well I've only been away for like 12 hours...recovering from the pubcrawl I went to yesterday, feeling awful but finally have 3 new DH movies to console myself with once I can stomach watching anything.

Must make some caps this week of them too. Will post them up wen I do.

Comment

Awwww that promo pic is jut the cutest thing. It's a lovely photo of David! Awwwww. As for The Gift pics they're gorgeous too. Love the one of Rodney and David. I've prolly said this before but David has the lovliest eyes. His eye lashes are so long and adorable! Awwww! Wow I say awww alot lol.

Comment

I was just transcribing an interview from SFX issue 129 for the Torri thread when I found a snippet about Paul and David working together on a scene for The Siege and I had to post it. Here it is :

They're currently shooting a scene
                                Spoiler:
                                around the infamous Atlantis command chair - we're told the palm controls feel like breast implants- with David Hewlett and co-star Paul McGillion (Dr Beckett).
                                It has to be said that theres a lot of frivolity going on, not least because the actors are having serious trouble saying some of the gobbledegook whilst keeping a straight face.
                                Sadly, the directors comments about the state of their mind and their parentage do little to bring a calming effect and even more giggling ensues.

How cute are they lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X