No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purpleyin, what do you mean by McKay/McKay? Self- satisfaction kind of think or twins?

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
    Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

I'm in a linky mood so have a couple...
      McKay w/gun.
      Some serious thought...
      What a cutie!
      Oh! I keep forgetting to say thank you. So I'll do it now. Today's sponser is www.new-atlantis.net. Thunk you for providing us with high res. drool worthy images!
      "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
      "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
      Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
      Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
      "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
      Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
      Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
      (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Mwahaha, more hand pics for everyone, this time from the "Secrets Revealed" special (which I feverently hope is going to be on the SGA boxset...)

My goodness, the man's watch is HUGE!

Comment

How absolutely fit does David look in that tshirt! Wow! Thanks for the pics!

Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
            Purpleyin, what do you mean by McKay/McKay? Self- satisfaction kind of think or twins?
            Well, um.. both...?
            It's spoken in jest that McKay/McKay as a ship would be like a mutual appreciation society and I went the opposite way for a story I had where he was cloned, but recently I had an evil plot bunny for a slightly more literal interpretation of the idea, also involving 2 McKays in that way.
            It's a twisted R/NC-17 bunny too, very odd and angsty...and probably not meant to be written either...

Comment

McKay/McKay ship?! You were kidding right?

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                McKay/McKay ship?! You were kidding right?
                *smirks* I kid you not!
                Though it's angst mostly, with a little humour, plus sexual which is the main weird bit - I'm only really writing a fic in jest just to freak people out who were kidding about it. A once off ship... because it's better left alone. Cept there's this viscious plot bunny attacking my mind, which is why it will get written.

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                  How absolutely fit does David look in that tshirt!
                  Yeah, he has certainly become more toned compared to his eps on SG1. I wonder if was pushed by TPTB for "character development" or if it was his personal decision. Not that I'm complaining!

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  It's a twisted R/NC-17 bunny too, very odd and angsty...and probably not meant to be written either...
                  Not like that would stop you...

*chews on the idea for a while*

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I'd read it!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    Yeah, he has certainly become more toned compared to his eps on SG1. I wonder if was pushed by TPTB for "character development" or if it was his personal decision. Not that I'm complaining!
                    Character development? Is that the in double quotations marks type..
                    Not complaining either - though I do wonder if it was personal choice or if it was meant to show Rodney's transition because DH does seem to get into his roles quite deep.

Not like that would stop you...
                    *chews on the idea for a while*
                    Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I'd read it!
                    Yeah, when has anything odd ever stopped me writing weird plot bunnies, I'm overrun with them! And they practically all involve Rodney! Speaking of which I might get round to maknig some thunk worthy Rodney vids next week.

Had an idea for a Cenutry Hotel vid too - not seen the film yet but with the amount of screnshots I feel like I have, lol, that one scene in particular that is.

Comment

I think Rodney would be rendered speechless if his hands were tied.
                      Ok-you can't put this in here without giving a girl ideas-ok-mind out of the gutter now-

Comment

I personally think David gained weight and wore baggier clothes for his character for the first part of the season 1. If you look at David in the movies Boa vs Python and Darklight, which he did right before Atlantis, he's looks like he does now in the second part of season 1.

Originally posted by buni1161
                        Originally posted by watcher652
                        I think Rodney would be rendered speechless if his hands were tied.
                        Ok-you can't put this in here without giving a girl ideas-ok-mind out of the gutter now-
                        I won't tell you where my mind was when I made that statement.

After all, I'm the person with the thing for McKay's hands. I love the rest of him too, but I always notice his hands first.

Toaster, I posted those Secrets caps a while back, because I can't resist a Rodney hand shot. I even transcribed the scene. But a repost is always good!

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

And just to prove that I can think about something else besides McKay's hands, here's a cap of the 3 male team members.

And here's another one. Hey, McKay has his hands in his pockets! No fair! I bet his fingers are twitching and he doesn't want to appear nervous. I love all the little twitches McKay has.

Notice how the boys all have their arms in different positions. This reminds me of the end of Hot Zone when McKay and Beckett walk into Weir’s office to talk to Weir and Sheppard. McKay stands at the office entrance and crosses his arms in his usual posture. Beckett is standing next to him and at the same time crosses his own arms. Beckett then notices that he has his arms in the same position as McKay. So Beckett uncrosses his arms and puts them down at his sides. The look on Beckett’s face is so funny. It’s almost like “oops, didn’t mean to copy you!” You knew who was the dominant personality in that scene.

Also, notice how having pockets and belts on the SGA uniforms give you more arm and hand options. This reminded me of a Star Trek: Voyager story. When there were more than 2 male cast members in a Star Trek: Voyager scene, the men all tried not to be the last one to arrive on the set. With no pockets or belts on their uniforms, they had limited options on where to put their arms and hands. You either stood with your arms crossed, or had your arms up in front of your body and gestured with your hands, or you put your hands on your hips. No one wanted to be the one with their hands on their hips since that was a “girly” posture.

Sorry if that story strayed off topic, but the cap made smile and I had to share.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

It looks like Sheppard go the "girly" position with his hands on his hips.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                              It looks like Sheppard go the "girly" position with his hands on his hips.
                              Ah, but he has a gun on. So it's not "girly".

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                You know what? I ASKED, and I asked nicely. You guys can do any gods damn thing you want with either thread. I stated MY preference and ASKED if we could separate things out. If that's too IMPOSSIBLE for you to manage, then fine. I can certainly start another, convo only thread.
                                Whoa, a little harsh, there Shadow!

I find this post funny because I said the same thing on the Thunk thread, only the other way! I was away for a bit and when I came back I saw there was a serious discussion going on instead of thunking. I requested they come over here for the serious stuff and leave the other for the drool. In a joking manner, of course, as there are no rules for these things. I will admit I spent most of my time on this thread until I discovered the Thunk one. Now I almost forget about this one. So fickle! And we used to discuss David's other roles on this thread, although I guess that was before Shadow started the Thunk thread in General Discussion.

Well, the McKay thread and the McKay/DH Thunk thread have become rather similar and it may be difficult to truly differentiate the two. Should the McKay thread be only discussion about the SGA character and the thunk thread be for pics, unabashed admiration (*grin*), and discussion of DH in other roles? Do "rules" need to be posted somewhere to help distinguish the threads? I would hate for people to get neg rep from accidentally posting something in one that should be in the other.

I personally have no problem with people posting whatever they want on either thread, but I understand how others may want some order.
                                I don't mind the separation of the two topics, it makes perfect sense to me. That's what I was trying to do myself. This is for "serious" discussion of the McKay character and the other is for drooling over Rodney and David.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X