Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More from Elevated

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

After reading your guys' comments on Century hotel and Elevated I did a search and found video clips of both on Livejournal. (Thanks to everyone who took the time to do those clips!)

WOW was David ever great in both of them. I loved Elevated, it was right up my alley as I like weird dark independant movies.

And the
      Spoiler:
      man-on-man kissing
      in Century Hotel was hot hot hot! I love that he is willing to experiment with his roles, I think I like him even more than I already did.

Comment

Originally posted by Avreana
        And the
        Spoiler:
        man-on-man kissing
        in Century Hotel was hot hot hot! I love that he is willing to experiment with his roles, I think I like him even more than I already did.
        Boy was it ever!

Incidentally, I watched Century Hotel this weekend too - for the second time. That kiss just gets better and better....not that I've like, you know, replayed it over and over again or anything.

Also watched Treed Murray (3rd time)....so love that movie. Every time I watch it, I find something new to love about David's acting. I love that he experiments with his roles and doesn't have any concern for his personal dignity in the face of a challenge.

There just doesn't seem to be any professional arrogance in the man whatsoever. I mean he works on movies for free - granted, that's when the producer is his best friend - and will happily let his character stay in the background yet still win our affections (like in Cube).

Then there's Nothing and, well what can I say. A silly David is a wonderful David.

Heck, David's wonderful all round

Oh, oh and I watched Cypher last week and LOVED that too. David's role was small but he was wonderful, and I loved the look and feel of the movie overall.

Now I just have to find Autoerotica...

Comment

I still have to watch Nothing. I watched the behind the scenes segment but haven't watched the actual movie yet. Maybe I will later seeing as I haven't got Atlantis to watch tonight as season one has finished here now (sniffle) No more new episodes with complicated and hot Rodney to watch . Thanks to Hans though I now have season 1 to watch all over again and Behind The Gate. Yeah baby I get to see David being all cute and funny and hot behind the scenes! Woooohooooo!

So I have The Cube and Nothing. You guys recommend Century Hotel and Treed Murray?

Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Oh, he'd hate her. He'd accuse her of being all the things HE is and never see the irony because he doesn't see himself being like THAT. They'd bicker constantly and he'd complain bitterly about her to anyone who would listen (or anyone who stands still for too long). HOWEVER... if anything were to happen to her, is she were to be in any sort of danger, he'd fight harder than the rest of them combined to save her.
            Reminds me of a certain person...

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
              I still have to watch Nothing. I watched the behind the scenes segment but haven't watched the actual movie yet. Maybe I will later seeing as I haven't got Atlantis to watch tonight as season one has finished here now (sniffle) No more new episodes with complicated and hot Rodney to watch . Thanks to Hans though I now have season 1 to watch all over again and Behind The Gate. Yeah baby I get to see David being all cute and funny and hot behind the scenes! Woooohooooo!

So I have The Cube and Nothing. You guys recommend Century Hotel and Treed Murray?

Lucy

Yep Treed murray is great; can't speak about Century hotel since still waiting for that to arrive but that sounds interesting too based on above stuff.

There seem to be barely any bad films I've seen him in so far - with exception I suppose of Boa vs. Python and Darklight (which I've yet to watch but get feeling will be just as cliched but without the humour).

I love the variety of roles he's taken on, it's amazing to see different people he plays - haven't yet seen evil!david (though Elevated looked a little like that there for a moment, as did a freaky moment in Nothing ) or ladiesman!David (unless you count the role in Where the heart is...) and kiddie acting David is out there somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin

Yep Treed murray is great; can't speak about Century hotel since still waiting for that to arrive but that sounds interesting too based on above stuff.

There seem to be barely any bad films I've seen him in so far - with exception I suppose of Boa vs. Python and Darklight (which I've yet to watch but get feeling will be just as cliched but without the humour).

I love the variety of roles he's taken on, it's amazing to see different people he plays - haven't yet seen evil!david (though Elevated looked a little like that there for a moment, as did a freaky moment in Nothing ) or ladiesman!David (unless you count the role in Where the heart is...) and kiddie acting David is out there somewhere...
                Yes Century Hotel is a must. Pretty decent film all round.

I've seen Darklight, and I'm afraid your fears are quite well grounded (though it was still watchable...just). However, it does have some redeeming qualities:

David Hewlett.

Shirtless.

Need I say more??

Comment

Silly question, who?

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                  Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                    Yes Century Hotel is a must. Pretty decent film all round.

I've seen Darklight, and I'm afraid your fears are quite well grounded (though it was still watchable...just). However, it does have some redeeming qualities:

David Hewlett.

Shirtless.

Need I say more??
                    Yeah, boa vs. Python was so bad it was funny but people had said Darklight was just...bad.
                    And no words are needed - if it has David in it I'd watch it anyway...but shirtless is good, only if my flatmates catch me watching that I'll be in for merciless DHobsession teasing, ah well, not that that would put me off. wonder what they'll say if I manage to convince them to watch Century Hotel? (I'm so evil...)

Comment

man.... I really have to save money to get all of these wonderful movies and a new laptop. One day I will have the Atlantis team's laptop's, one day..............*crazy laughter*..............................*cough**cough*...........sorry.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                      Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Yes, Boa vs. Python was really bad, but David looked so good in it, that I had to get a copy (humm, wet tee shirt scene), and I'm waiting for my copy of Traders to come, hopefully this week. Haven't decided about Century Hotel yet, but after reading the posts about it, I may change my mind. Looking forward to a double dose of McKay this Friday: SGA & SG-1 (a brief scene).

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                          man.... I really have to save money to get all of these wonderful movies and a new laptop. One day I will have the Atlantis team's laptop's, one day..............*crazy laughter*..............................*cough**cough*...........sorry.
                          You could always try downloading the movies. That's what I do. But then I never bother watching them
                          Still cheaper though, and once I get a DVD creator I can copy the files onto a DVD!

sigpic

Comment

Sam!

sigpic

Comment

oooh, my copy of foolproof arrived!Of course I have a 3000 word sociology essay to do for Friday (on consumer cultures and open source software) but this weekend I can actualy watch it (whilst I recover from hangover after a well deserved post-essay pubcrawl on Friday...)

Anyone round here seen it already? I've not heard much about it, just that it's about a heist and it has David in it in a small role - wearing glasses if I recall the right screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                                haven't yet seen evil!david (though Elevated looked a little like that there for a moment, as did a freaky moment in Nothing )
                                You'll get a some evil!david in Darklight... and it's a good look on him :

Comment

Working...
                                X