• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
    Hey Willow!

This is very OT so in spoilers!!

Spoiler:
    Hubbie and son went to a Smallville convention yesterday (their first ever con!) and there were some Dr Who people too! Danny Webb (security officer from that Devil/blackhole ep) and Martha (?) who played the girl all wired up in the tv game/dalek ep from Christopher E season! (Yes you guessed it - I never remember episode titles!! ) Got some pics signed! Plus (for some reason) Paul Darrow was there - Avon from Blake's 7 - and hubbie got me a signed pic and a signed book!! I used to love him in that show all those hundreds of years ago!!! Everyone was very nice and chatty and made a fuss of Ed who was the youngest there (he's 12 and most of the others were older teens or early 20's with a few oldies like hubbie!!)
    You have me wondering what the eps are. You mean Impossible Planet & Parting of the ways the girl who was all glowy. Blake 7! OMG! I loved that show. It use to be on fairly late here and I was very, very young.

Comment

[QUOTE=Willow'sCat]
      Originally posted by McKayRocks!
      Hey Willow!

This is very OT so in spoilers!!

Spoiler:
      Hubbie and son went to a Smallville convention yesterday (their first ever con!) and there were some Dr Who people too! Danny Webb (security officer from that Devil/blackhole ep) and Martha (?) who played the girl all wired up in the tv game/dalek ep from Christopher E season! (Yes you guessed it - I never remember episode titles!! ) Got some pics signed! Plus (for some reason) Paul Darrow was there - Avon from Blake's 7 - and hubbie got me a signed pic and a signed book!! I used to love him in that show all those hundreds of years ago!!! Everyone was very nice and chatty and made a fuss of Ed who was the youngest there (he's 12 and most of the others were older teens or early 20's with a few oldies like hubbie!!)
      You have me wondering what the eps are. You mean Impossible Planet & Parting of the ways the girl who was all glowy. Blake 7! OMG! I loved that show. It use to be on fairly late here and I was very, very young.
      OT (again) - sorry folks!!

Spoiler:
      Right I have just looked it up - they met Martha Cope (the Controller) from Bad Wolf and Danny Webb (Mr Jefferson) from The Satan Pit!!!(EDIT and the Impossible Planet as it was a 2 parter wasn't it!!) Re Paul Darrow - hubbie said not many people were going up to him (it was as I said mainly Smallville fans!) and I had said to hubbie that I loved Paul Darrow when I was younger so he went up and chatted to him! Ed has never seen Blake's 7 so had no idea who this chap was! Apparently Paul has a really witty sense of humour! Paul spotted them later when he walked into to the room where he was giving his talk on stage and chatted to Ed again!! He was on stage with the 2 Dr. Who people!! It was quite a small con and both hubbie and son had a brill time!

Mx
      sig by SheppyD
      Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
      So he just looks crazy

Comment

[quote=McKayRocks!]
        Originally posted by Willow'sCat

OT (again) - sorry folks!!

Spoiler:
        Right I have just looked it up - they met Martha Cope (the Controller) from Bad Wolf and Danny Webb (Mr Jefferson) from The Satan Pit!!!(EDIT and the Impossible Planet as it was a 2 parter wasn't it!!) Re Paul Darrow - hubbie said not many people were going up to him (it was as I said mainly Smallville fans!) and I had said to hubbie that I loved Paul Darrow when I was younger so he went up and chatted to him! Ed has never seen Blake's 7 so had no idea who this chap was! Apparently Paul has a really witty sense of humour! Paul spotted them later when he walked into to the room where he was giving his talk on stage and chatted to Ed again!! He was on stage with the 2 Dr. Who people!! It was quite a small con and both hubbie and son had a brill time!

Mx
        That is so cool. I like hearing they are nice people, so you aren't going all geek con attendee on us? I am crossing my fingers for you that DH makes it to that Con. Of course I just want the first hand goss!

Comment

That is so cool. I like hearing they are nice people, so you aren't going all geek con attendee on us? I am crossing my fingers for you that DH makes it to that Con. Of course I just want the first hand goss!

Well the funny thing is they have now been to a con before me!!! They did say just how nice everyone was and seemed genuinely happy to be there and talk with the fans. Ed got some really nice comments on the photos. He was very impressed to meet Margot Kidder as he watched the early Superman films recently!

I am going to SG-11 in November (Paul McGillion is going to that) and then as you say it is P2 in Feb!!! I am so hoping that David will go and my goodness if he does I will share the goss in such detail you will think you were there yourself!! But if he doesn't go I shall just enjoy the experience for what it is and have a laugh!!

Spoiler:

Mx
          sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Ah but I hear sometimes they are so ashamed to admit they write those scripts they use pseudonyms. That is hardly a career builder. Then again acting in soaps is hardly a career builder if you stay there too long.
            Ah! Here is where us JF fans quietly ignore anything related to Dawson's Creek and quietly slink off the the JF/JS thunk thread.. *quietly slinks off to JF/JS thunk thread*
            sigpic
            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

regarding P2 - keep your eyes on the wolf forums theres is going to be a guest announcement for P2 in the newxt week or so keep those fingers crossed guys!

Comment

I finally saw "Inferno" and "Allies" yesterday and if I hadn't already been in lurve with Rodney, I think those two episodes would have done it for me.

Spoilers for "Inferno"
                Spoiler:
                Loved him to pieces in that ep as he tried to win Norena over. To see a man so sure of himself in the scientific departement suddenly becoming shy and flustered and clumsy was absolutely cute. Not to mention his completely humble reaction to the praises he got for his (brilliant) idea with the Orion. I was melting! I realised that he rarely gets praise, probably because the others don't want him to get an even bigger ego but maybe, esp. after Duranda, he's not so sure of himself.

Spoilers for "Allies"
                Spoiler:
                Rodney's whole interaction with Hermiod was a complete riot. I hope to see more of them in the next season. I loved that Rodney actually tried to outsmart an Asgard (and succeeded!)
                And the bit where he's all brave saying that of course he wants to be anywhere else but in the hive ship but that he knows he has to go. A cowardly Rodney is both annoying and cute but a brave Rodney is quite sexy, don't you think?
                The whole "He wasn't trying to suck out the life of my shoulder" line was so funny I was almost sick laughing.

I hope to see more of Rodney and Ronon moments in the next season too because I love how they interact (no, not those kind of moments, you slashers ) Though... are there any slash stories with those two? I'll be curious to see how they are written.

Is it me or Rodney/David's hair was shorter in those two eps? I'm not sure I like this style very much. He looks better, IMO, with the hair a little bit longer and spiked. And with this black tee-shirt that's starting to look a bit faded and how so comfy and soft after all those washings it had. Gah.

PS : I've just read some bits and pieces of the two episodes transcripts. The dialogue is so much more funny in English!
                Last edited by Aurore; 30 July 2006, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Mx - I'm going to SG-11 too!!!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific
                    regarding P2 - keep your eyes on the wolf forums theres is going to be a guest announcement for P2 in the newxt week or so keep those fingers crossed guys!
                    Oh thanks!! I'll keep everything crossed!! It will make it difficult to walk, drive.....well do anything in fact but it is a price I am willing to pay if it means a certain person goes to P2!

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Mx - I'm going to SG-11 too!!!
                    Oh we should all say hi! I am going with a mate who is a Shep thunker but it would be good to touch base with folk I chat to on here!!

Maybe nearer the time we should make firmer arrangements!!

Mx

Mx
                    sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

I love that idea.

The clip; which I was trying to cap but can't because it moves too fast.
                      Spoiler:
                      John has to help Rodney to the Gate (or Puddle Jumper) and yes Rodney is leaning into Sheppard's body, which is why I think he got shot with a dart in his Dignity, the spoilers on GW home page say the team gets drugged but I think it may only be Ronon but Rodney is injured, he has time with Beckett dealing with a embarrassing personal issue.
                      I missed those spoilers--didn't read to the bottom of the page because it looked like a Ronon ep. Not that I don't like Ronon--I do! He's perfectly interesting and I like his interaction with Rodney and Shep, but I usually only dig for spoilers if it's either A. About Rodney or B. About Rodney and Sheppard. So thanks for the info....I would like to give you green too (why don't you set it for getting repped? You'd be drowning in green )! And thanks too for the smiling Rodney and Shep pic. It's so cute I'd like to put it on my desktop. Is that ok?

Also- what is SG 11?

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars
                        Nice!

Came across this clip of an UGO interview with David, Rainbow, and Torri. David and Rainbow are geeking out about Ghostbusters on the Amiga (at the end).
                        DH would make a cute ghostbuster! I always wished for a GBIII with some cute new guys....DH would be perfect. Throw in JF, JM, and Rainbow and there you go. And RL can be a scary ass-kicking Janine.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
                          I would like to give you green too (why don't you set it for getting repped? You'd be drowning in green )! And thanks too for the smiling Rodney and Shep pic. It's so cute I'd like to put it on my desktop. Is that ok?
                          Wow You can green me it dosen't stop people greening OR redding me, believe me on the red.

Comment

i should have said im going to sg11 too im hoping pauly might bring a copy of ADB with him and mabe show a clip lol

Comment

Wow You can green me it dosen't stop people greening OR redding me, believe me on the red.
                              Oh I didn't realize. Tho' I must've greened you sometime before because it won't let me now.

Comment

Mx - I'm going with my friend Myrddin from Stargate Intel...His fave character's McKay
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X