Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I have to go now, see ya guys tomorrow

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
      You could also base it in common interests.
      I love science, especially astrophysics. I took up physics as an A level but dropped it after 2 lessons! It was soooo hard! And I also dropped maths lol! But I'm still doing chemistry which is great, and I'm not much of a fan of biology (which rules out Beckett) Althou I am interested in genetics and nanotechnology.
      I'm also a huge fan of computers! I'm a real IT wiz like DH!!

I can also be obnoxious, rude and really annoying when I want to! Ask my friends, they'll tell ya lol!
      Yeah, me too. I did A level physics (wanted to do chemistry but timetable clashes and physics was only thing I remotely liked after I dropped psychology after 1 lesson!) - I was the only girl in the whole class, two classes of like 60 pupils and 3 were girls, I was the only of them who went to do the full Alevel - of course I really don't get concepts very well and so got a C but I loved timetravel project I did. I was so happy with BIS for the plot alone.

And don't get me started on computers...I could ramble all day about them. I was amused to hear David is a mac guy and had tinkered with linux.
      If only I'd done maths A level I could be a computer science student like all my housemates and several friends (literally I live in a house of cmp students) - though I'm not sure I could do programming, more of web person really.
      Ok, OT rant ending now, sorry guys.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
        Damn I have to go now, see ya guys tomorrow
        Ok, have fun, this has been a weird forum chat session almost!
        I really ought to get bakc to work as well, got anthropology presentation to finish for Friday - after I do I can get round to watching another DH film...so as long as I stop posting here it should be motivation enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
          Ok, so it seems I'm furthest east -Zelenka I am then! (if I can't have Grodin then Zelenka suits me fine)

That quote too, the finger snapping was great but oh the line - I love that line soo much... I want to know which writer thought it up because they are great (though of coruse everyone on SGa is great... but that one line...it could be my favourite line ever)

D*amn, trying to work here and getting behind in posting!

Ok. Let me try to catch up.

You Zelenka, McKay's girl McKay, me Beckett. We're sorted. lol

You and I unanimous about that line, I think it's my just about favorite too, (and boy does it have some GREAT competition).

McKay's girl, I also have the astrophysics interest, but there's the breaking technology thing to offset plus a medical interest hence see first part of my post, ie I'll be Beckett!!!!

Purpleyin, that expression of Rodney's when
          Spoiler:
          in Weir's office when he says 'I just said it' and Sheppard says 'will you stop' and he looks up so hurt/disgruntled etc, I just love that look.
          Though if you're offering to do the whole scene, well, I'd hate to put you off...
          McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
          Grodin, "You can fix anything."
          McKay, "Who told you that?"
          Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Yeah, me too. I did A level physics (wanted to do chemistry but timetable clashes and physics was only thing I remotely liked after I dropped psychology after 1 lesson!) - I was the only girl in the whole class, two classes of like 60 pupils and 3 were girls, I was the only of them who went to do the full Alevel - of course I really don't get concepts very well and so got a C but I loved timetravel project I did. I was so happy with BIS for the plot alone.

And don't get me started on computers...I could ramble all day about them. I was amused to hear David is a mac guy and had tinkered with linux.
            If only I'd done maths A level I could be a computer science student like all my housemates and several friends (literally I live in a house of cmp students) - though I'm not sure I could do programming, more of web person really.
            Ok, OT rant ending now, sorry guys.

Bye to McKay's girl *waves*

I did A level physics too, 2 girls in our class. Doing an OU course dealing with astronomy and astrophysics, though only just started. And rant all you like about computers, I'm a novice on that one but would you believe looking at Mac and Linux, and then I read that interview chat and couldn't believe the coincidence!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
              D*amn, trying to work here and getting behind in posting!

Ok. Let me try to catch up.

You Zelenka, McKay's girl McKay, me Beckett. We're sorted. lol

You and I unanimous about that line, I think it's my just about favorite too, (and boy does it have some GREAT competition).

McKay's girl, I also have the astrophysics interest, but there's the breaking technology thing to offset plus a medical interest hence see first part of my post, ie I'll be Beckett!!!!

Purpleyin, that expression of Rodney's when
              Spoiler:
              in Weir's office when he says 'I just said it' and Sheppard says 'will you stop' and he looks up so hurt/disgruntled etc, I just love that look.
              Though if you're offering to do the whole scene, well, I'd hate to put you off...
              All sorted!

And yes, great lines he gets - maybe we should have a quote from him every page as well as the obligatory screencaps?

As for the caps - off to do them now, but after that I really really must do work! GW and this thread among others are distracting me greatly! It's addictive, all of it...

Comment

All sorted!

And yes, great lines he gets - maybe we should have a quote from him every page as well as the obligatory screencaps?

As for the caps - off to do them now, but after that I really really must do work! GW and this thread among others are distracting me greatly! It's addictive, all of it...

Favorite quotes. Yep, a must from now on on each page.

You're right, it's kinda been a bit like a very odd internet chat room around here. Think how confusing it could get if we're all online again at the same time!!!

Will look forward to the screen caps, might not get to the computer now til Monday.

Back to work for me too now, catch ya later Radek lol

Comment

Caps for the office scene from "The Gift" here
                  http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/118/

Done in order, an idea.jpeg and then office1.jpeg to office99.jpeg! plus a random Rodney one too, weird.jpeg (probably look cool to download them and scroll through them in order!)
                  Lots of cute caps, though I did whole scene, so got Sheppard in there too, though not much and quite a bit of Weir there as well.

Not posting too many of them up here on thread in case people don't want the scene spoiling before Friday.

Comment

Ah, the quote for this page (from 'Rising Part 1'), not quite as snarky as they come but I can just picture the scene, and his expression...

MCKAY: Not more advanced. It...it's a random characteristic.
                    WEIR: This really bothers you. This whole gene thing, huh?
                    MCKAY: Oh, Really I am overcome with envy.

(only just noticed a parallel there, between that and Weir's line in Hide and Seek...)

Comment

He looks so cute in the new blue jacket! Love the caps Hans! That last one is so funny!

I got my Nothing dvd today peeps! I have yet to watch it but its here and I can't wait yay! Lots of Davidy goodness!

Lucy

Comment

Sheesh! You guys made me tired just reading all that! What a day for me to be very busy at work.

Comment

I had a weird thought about Rodney's gene therapy. Here's a hypothetical situation:

If Rodney got a woman pregnant, who didn't have the ancient gene, before his gene therapy, that child wouldn't have the gene; just like Rodney.

Since Rodney had the gene therapy giving him the ancient gene and he got a woman pregnant, that didn't have the ancient gene, that child has a chance of having the gene?

oh by the way............... I'd volunteer for the attempts at this experiment any day.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                          Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                            I had a weird thought about Rodney's gene therapy. Here's a hypothetical situation:

If Rodney got a woman pregnant, who didn't have the ancient gene, before his gene therapy, that child wouldn't have the gene; just like Rodney.

Since Rodney had the gene therapy giving him the ancient gene and he got a woman pregnant, that didn't have the ancient gene, that child has a chance of having the gene?

oh by the way............... I'd volunteer for the attempts at this experiment any day.
                            I was thinking about that the other day, presumably the child might get the gene. I suppose it depends on it both parents need it or if either can pass it on, might b a dominant/recessive thing as well...I think there was talk that Sheppard might have had AA and Carson Aa or something, which was meant to explain why Sheppard is better at iit; but what would the artificial gene be in that case?

Ok, yeah, weird thoughts, will stop now and go back to work - can't get dragged back here another day (please no one mention screencaps! i always feel compelled to make them!)

Comment

Ooooo thats conversation is too intelligent for me to follow after just getting out of bed lol.

Lucy

Comment

Oh and on the Season 2
                                Spoiler:
                                I know we don't yet know if the clone/not clone story is even SGa or if so if it relates to McKay (wishful thinking there) but I was thinking that 'Human Error' sounds like a possible title as does 'Duet' - both listed for Season 2 of SGa AND doesn't Duet just remind you of pianos...

Comment

Working...
                                X