Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiggerific
    as does everything grrrrrr cant get into msn it suddenly died stoopid msn LOL
    GW was also down again today.

Anyway, while I'm still here I'll post a few more anniversary celebration pics.

Eating:

Drinking:

Dancing:

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

as does everything grrrrrr cant get into msn it suddenly died stoopid msn LOL
      where's a computer genius when you need one?

I know someone I'd like to get to help with pc problems!!

Oh look - photobucket is working again!!

Mx
      sig by SheppyD
      Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
      So he just looks crazy

Comment

!!!!!! Happy Gateworld Anniversary Arlessiar !!!!!!

You are a thunker extraordinaire!!!!!

Where would this thread be without you!!

I have made some really great friends on GW and like you am so glad I took the plunge one day and came out of lurkdom to post here!

Have some pics!!

"What's that I hear - Arlessiar has thunked and whumped for a whole year!"

Rodney toasting you cos you are such a loyal and faithful thunker!

Spoiler:

"You are very nice and whatnot but you are just not Arlessiar!"

"Thinking about Arlessiar thunking for me just makes me smile!"

Mx
        sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
          You are a thunker extraordinaire!!!!! Where would this thread be without you!!
          Awww, thanks! You are such a wonderful and lovely person! *hugs you fiercely*
          "You are very nice and whatnot but you are just not Arlessiar!"
          Hehe. I'm blushing!
          What would I give to hear that!!!
          "Thinking about Arlessiar thunking for me ..."
          Nice tonguetwister!

Bye, A.

Comment

Hooray! The forum is up again!

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            And on a happier note - I just noticed that it's the 21st June today. That means that I'm here on GW for one year now, I joined exactly one year ago.
            Happy Anniversary! We do have a lot of fun around here. Me, I've been around since March but lurked on and off since July a year ago.

And I'll post my favourite DH/RM pic, Dreamy!Rodney
            http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...iar/Rodney.jpg
            lovely, what ep is that from?

Mx, that is an awesome anniversary pics w/caps post you made for Arlessiar!

p.s. Enjoy your special Friday Arlessiar.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

And on a happier note - I just noticed that it's the 21st June today.
              Yay! I passed my first year here about 2 weeks ago but my first post was in the Welcome new members and the second was in Dr Who.
              P.S. Just wanted to add that I won't be here much on the weekend. Friday is a special day for me
              Would this be because of your birthday on Friday?!?!?

On Ice Men, it is only Gay *why do I think of Sth Park* because of some of the other characters, it isn't Brokeback Mountain *more the pity* the only sex type scene I remember is hetero and with David's character and that was not sexy not really... believe it or not! As for content well it is I think R rated so you have to expect some mature themes as they say.

Comment

Having lunch and wasting time

I got my copy of the Season 2 Vol 3 DVD last week haven't had time to cap anything but when I do I will share. Um listened to the commentary for The Lost Boys, no spoilers and sorry if it has been mentioned already but I couldn't help laughing when David said he was milking the DHD, I remember False hope (Mg) posting a manip of him milking a cow from that ep! Hmm, you don't think he may have seen it here?!!

Comment

Morning!
                  Originally posted by pavaneofstars
                  Me, I've been around since March but lurked on and off since July a year ago.
                  Oh great, so you've been here for that long already, even if you just lurked! Then you witnessed a lot of good and funny stuff here on this thread!
                  lovely, what ep is that from?
                  It's from "Home", and I love it since I capped it, don't know why, he looks so very sweet in this pic IMHO.
                  Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                  Would this be because of your [...]
                  Maybe.
                  I passed my first year here about 2 weeks ago but my first post was in the Welcome new members and the second was in Dr Who.
                  I remember that when I joined I thought that you had been in this thread here for ages, because you seemed to belong here already. You sounded like a dedicated thunker everyone knew already. Later I learnt that you joined shortly before I did, but it surely never felt like that.
                  No, this is not a "you don't have a real life" comment, that's really a mere "I thought you were already an established thunk member" comment.

Off to work,
                  A.
                  Last edited by Arlessiar; 22 June 2006, 01:36 AM.

Comment

just a quick note LOL oddly enough i looked up icemen to see what rating it has and everywhere i looked said "not rated" not sure how a film like that can not be rated LOL

oooo have you all seen the season 3 trailer? its quick and blink and you miss daivd kind of thing but ooooo i cant wait!

Comment

Hello...seaon three clip??? Where? When?

Comment

Sorry, I dropped a word there... I edited the post to relect what I really wanted to say.
                        ABHarding

Sheppard: You think it's worth checking out?
                        McKay: Any significant energy emission generally indicates technological civilization.
                        Sheppard: So... you think it's worth checking out?
                        McKay: [sarcastically] I'm sorry. Yes. Energy field good.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian
                          Hello...seaon three clip??? Where? When?

Look here for the clip and here for the still caps! It is a major spoiler so don't check it out if you don't want to be spoiled (although the vid is so fast it is hard to make anything out to be honest!)

Mx
                          sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                            Um listened to the commentary for The Lost Boys, no spoilers and sorry if it has been mentioned already but I couldn't help laughing when David said he was milking the DHD, I remember False hope (Mg) posting a manip of him milking a cow from that ep! Hmm, you don't think he may have seen it here?!!
                            Haha, that's funny! Wouldn't that just be incredibly squee-worthy (Is that a word? lol ) if he did see that manip?!

Oh great, so you've been here for that long already, even if you just lurked! Then you witnessed a lot of good and funny stuff here on this thread!
                            Yep, can't believe I waited so long to register. Then one day, a bit like you, I decided "why not?" So here I am!

It's from "Home", and I love it since I capped it, don't know why, he looks so very sweet in this pic IMHO.
                            Yes he does.

oooo have you all seen the season 3 trailer? its quick and blink and you miss daivd kind of thing but ooooo i cant wait!
                            I saw it! You're right - don't blink when you watch it

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I also feel that Rodney craves approval and praise for his work. He knows he's supposedly smart, but he has doubts about it and is constantly seeking ways to affirm this. Joining Mensa may have been an effort to prove his intelligence to himself, and while it may have provided a quick fix, it didn't do it for long.

The way I see it, praising Rodney for his work and telling him that he's smart wouldn't give him a bigger head at all - rather, it would have the opposite effect. Or more accurately, he'd finally feel secure enough that he didn't feel he constantly had to prove himself one way or another.

Yet as much as I believe he craves the praise, I also agree that overdoing it would raise the red flags for him. A simple "nice work" now and then would probably make him feel warm and fuzzy all over without making him wonder if everyone was on crack, though.

I don't think he'd lose the snark, however, as it results from his intelligence and cynicism. Where Intelligence and Cynicism meets, Snark will often follow.
                              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                                (although the vid is so fast it is hard to make anything out to be honest!)
                                Fast is the key word here, I just watched it and booooy did I see nothing at all. I think I need to watch it ten times until I can make something out.
                                Originally posted by pavaneofstars
                                Wouldn't that just be incredibly squee-worthy (Is that a word? lol ) if he did see that manip?!
                                I vote for it being a word.
                                And about DH on the thread - DH visiting us would be squee-worthy, yes, but poor DH having to see this manip, that would only be weep-worthy!

Bye, A.

Comment

Working...
                                X