Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I wonder how her and Rodney got together. He's already proved in The Brotherhood that he's really shy when it comes to things like that. And also he doesn't usually hang around with people like her because they're jobs are completely different.
    Maybe he's also hiding something else, he might've been seeing her for a certain problem but I just cant see what that would be. If he did have any he usually keeps it to himself.

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
      I hope we see more of McKay's soft side thou. I love it when he's like that. And also put him in more death situations, he's so funny when he thinks he's gonna die!
      So true.

McKay, "You know how much I HATE certain death?!"
      Sheppard, "You're alive."

I loved that line! And the numerous other occasions that it's all got a bit too close for comfort. Rodney really does freak out very well indeed.
      McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
      Grodin, "You can fix anything."
      McKay, "Who told you that?"
      Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
        So true.

McKay, "You know how much I HATE certain death?!"
        Sheppard, "You're alive."

I loved that line! And the numerous other occasions that it's all got a bit too close for comfort. Rodney really does freak out very well indeed.
        So true! Which episode is that quote in?

I think I like Hotzone best, McKay actually got to say what he's been wanting to say all the other times he thought he was gonna die.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          I wonder how her and Rodney got together. He's already proved in The Brotherhood that he's really shy when it comes to things like that. And also he doesn't usually hang around with people like her because they're jobs are completely different.
          Maybe he's also hiding something else, he might've been seeing her for a certain problem but I just cant see what that would be. If he did have any he usually keeps it to himself.

There was some very interesting discussion on this in I think the episode thread and I agree with the general consensus there.
          Spoiler:
          When Teyla catches him coming out of the doc's office, there is just NO interplay between Rodney and Kate, who appears to be finishing updating patient notes, while Rodney's stating as quietly as he can that they're 'seeing' each other. He even shields his hand when he indicates Kate. He even seems to be meaning Kate too when he tells Teyla not to tell anyone. And I got the distinct impression that Teyla didn't buy it for a minute, I thought her 'Your secret is safe with me' was beautifully ambiguous. And his getting lost as he leaves was classic. So I have a feeling Kate would be very surprised to learn that she was in fact 'seeing' Rodney for anything other than professional reasons, presumably relating to the amount of grief and stress he's had to cope with, let alone the lack of sleep.

And can I just add that having seen the Seige part 2 for its first airing last night, I REALLY think he deserves a hug and a few weeks sleep!
          Last edited by Cassiopeia; 09 March 2005, 05:14 AM.

Comment

I think I like Hotzone best, McKay actually got to say what he's been wanting to say all the other times he thought he was gonna die.
            That was from
            Spoiler:
            Sanctuary, in the jumper at the start when they nearly get wiped out by the 'energy weapon' from the planet.

Yes, you're right about Hot Zone. David Hewlett played that scene so brilliantly!

Comment

There was some very interesting discussion on this in I think the episode thread and I agree with the general consensus there.
              Spoiler:
              When Teyla catches him coming out of the doc's office, there is just NO interplay between Rodney and Kate, who appears to be finishing updating patient notes, while Rodney's stating as quietly as he can that they're 'seeing' each other. He even shields his hand when he indicates Kate. He even seems to be meaning Kate too when he tells Teyla not to tell anyone. And I got the distinct impression that Teyla didn't buy it for a minute, I thought her 'Your secret is safe with me' was beautifully ambiguous. And his getting lost as he leaves was classic. So I have a feeling Kate would be very surprised to learn that she was in fact 'seeing' Rodney for anything other than professional reasons, presumably relating to the amount of grief and stress he's had to cope with, let alone the lack of sleep.

And can I just add that having seen the Seige part 2 for its first airing last night, I REALLY think he deserves a hug and a few weeks sleep!
              Seige Part 2 spoiler!-
              Spoiler:
              Thats an interesting theory, I've been wondering why there wasn't any interplay between Rodney and Kate. And I think I agree with alot of it, althou if it is true then Rodney's got to be seeing her for more then just a lack of sleep, maybe there's a reason behind him not sleeping other than lotsa work. Damn it why's season 2 so far away!! It's bad enough they ended the season with a to be continued!

By the way you saw Siege Part 2 last night?! I saw it ages ago!! You should've downloaded it!!
              Last edited by iLemon; 09 March 2005, 05:05 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I was just going to reply to McKay's girl and say about the same thing!
                Spoiler:
                So I totally agree on that...devious Rodney, though evidently not devious enough - not fooling Teyla, not fooling us either. But it would be a bizarre change in events if he'd lied about it and then later on something did happen and he admitted that to Teyla, sort of like "I've started seeing Kate" blurted out in strange situation (probably near death) and "Again, you mean?" *Teyla having a little grin at that*

Comment

Sanctuary?
                  Spoiler:
                  With the energy weapon and the certain death...and the talking for the sake of talking

Comment

Seige Part 2 spoiler!-
                    Spoiler:
                    Thats an interesting theory, I've been wondering why there wasn't any interplay between Rodney and Kate. And I think I agree with alot of it, althou if it is true then Rodney's got to be seeing her for more then just a lack of sleep, maybe there's a reason behind him not sleeping other than lotsa work. Damn it why's season 2 so far away!! It's bad enough they ended the season with a to be continued!
                    Spoiler:
                    Reasons? Okay,
                    The torture by Kolya, pressure of needing to get them home,
                    guilt over all his geeks he couldn't save,
                    the uberguilt over that slip to Allina that could well cost so many lives and put Earth at risk.

And that's without his many issues that are probably there from his childhood and rest of his life, being just far away from home with lifesucking aliens after you and technology far beyond even him!

I'm sure that' all just for starters too because he probably overthinks and could come up with a much longer list of things to feel guilty for.
                    Poor woobie!

Oh and if you believe the some shippers probably unrequited love too, lots of angst there! Or even just canonical example of Carter from LFP - if, that is, you believe him, because I rather think he holds onto her as someone safe to lust/admire after; but that's a topic for a different post and maybe thread too...

Comment

Seige Part 2 spoiler!-
                      Spoiler:

By the way you saw Siege Part 2 last night?! I saw it ages ago!! You should've downloaded it!!
                      D*mn, thought I'd put that IN the brackets. Blame it on lack of sleep. lol

It's not just my theory, as I say there was a lot of discussion, but yeah I'd have to go with it, there really
                      Spoiler:
                      isn't the slightest bit of interplay, and given McKay and the privacy of the man, I would have thought he'd probably feel embarrassed to be seeing her in a professional capacity anyway so would lie. As to why, take your pick. He's a scientist who's been in several near (and certain!) death situations and multiple dangerous ones in a few months (pretty well every episode so far, especially Hot Zone, the Defiant One and 38 Minutes), with all the responsibility as scientific lead of finding some Ancient defence for Atlantis and the people he's come to know and begin to care about (pressure ++ since the Brotherhood to season finale). He's witnessed the loss of some of his colleagues in horrendous ways (the Defiant One, Hot Zone), and sometimes had to make difficult decisions or been responsible for those people at the time. Been in a hostage situation (the Storm and the Eye) and been injured. And now most recently witnessed another closer colleague's death again in a situation where he had to make a difficult decision.

If it was me I reckon I'd be seriously considering finding a nice, safe padded cell to take refuge in, not just seeing a psychiatrist!!!

And I can SO sympathise with his lack of sleep thing, I've had to work three to nearly four days non-stop with no sleep doing on-call, and you function outside of yourself while you have to but boy does it take its toll. And yet Rodney's had to cope with, by my reckoning, little to no sleep since taking the team out to the Ancient satellite. Poor guy. And now he's in terrible danger still and no end to the stress for the next 6 months!!!

And er yes, I know it's not REAL, but hey what can I say, it's a great series, I get involved!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I just watched that scene in Sanctuary again. When I first watched it my immediate reaction was that it was an Ancient device, not an actual Ancient! They were abit slow on the uptake thou, it was pretty obvious that it has something to do with an advanced race. And the fact that it didnt attack an Ancients ship would more or less mean that its Ancient built.

I've also watched that seen in The Gift. Rodney was fidgeting alot when he told Teyla that he's 'seeing' Kate. I wonder what problems he's got

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          I was just going to reply to McKay's girl and say about the same thing!
                          Spoiler:
                          So I totally agree on that...devious Rodney, though evidently not devious enough - not fooling Teyla, not fooling us either. But it would be a bizarre change in events if he'd lied about it and then later on something did happen and he admitted that to Teyla, sort of like "I've started seeing Kate" blurted out in strange situation (probably near death) and "Again, you mean?" *Teyla having a little grin at that*

Now that would be amusing!!!

Er, seems you and I have been kinda picking up on the same lines of thought here reading the past few posts!!!!!!

It's beginning to feel a bit like a McKay/Zelenka discussion! Now if we start finishing each other's sentences...

Comment

Now that would be amusing!!!

Er, seems you and I have been kinda picking up on the same lines of thought here reading the past few posts!!!!!!

It's beginning to feel a bit like a McKay/Zelenka discussion! Now if we start finishing each other's sentences...
                            ...ah but it can't be that bad (not to mention in The Gift
                            Spoiler:
                            Rodney does that with Elizabeth too! oh and the adoption of the finger pointing - anyone else think that it sort of seemed like her finger in the air at a thought was almost the polite version of Rodney's usual finger pointing which tends to be accompanied by "Shut up, I have an idea" ? )
                            - just a question of which one of us is Zelenka and which is McKay...

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I just watched that scene in Sanctuary again. When I first watched it my immediate reaction was that it was an Ancient device, not an actual Ancient! They were abit slow on the uptake thou, it was pretty obvious that it has something to do with an advanced race. And the fact that it didnt attack an Ancients ship would more or less mean that its Ancient built.

I've also watched that seen in The Gift. Rodney was fidgeting alot when he told Teyla that he's 'seeing' Kate. I wonder what problems he's got
                              We're all overlapping each other. Did you catch my post and Purpleyins? 599 and 600?

Good point about Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                                ...just a question of which one of us is Zelenka and which is McKay...
                                ...which could take a while to figure out... lol.

Yep, I hadn't picked up on the
                                Spoiler:
                                finger pointing thing, and if so isn't it typical Rodney to take exception when someone does it to him! He probably doesn't even realise it's a habit of his...

Comment

Working...
                                X