Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoryJ
    Hmm, do you think you could post what the article says about McKay and Mrs. Miller and ADB?
    She already did, look here:
    McKay and Mrs. Miller thread

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hmm, do you think you could post what the article says about McKay and Mrs. Miller and ADB? I don't mean quote the whole thing, just say what the tidbits and spoilers are? I've seen people post articles on other threads and there has never been an issue with it. I wouldn't bother you, but I definitely don't get the magazine in Chicago, and the subscription fee is atrocious for a magazine I wouldn't ordinarily read. *gives puppy dog eyes *
      Hey Rory!

As Arlessiar said I have posted the M&MM bit on the thread that relates to that ep! But I have PM'd you the whole article!

Mx
      sig by SheppyD
      Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
      So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973
        Also, I would personally like to thank Arlessiar for the glasses picture.
        Thanks. But I just posted it, I didn't cap it.
        Cube wasn't too scary, but I really wanted to punch the cop.
        AH, that's ok, me too!

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
          We are going to drive all the non English thunkers away FH with all this footie talk!!!
          Who cares about them?!

Rodney's supporting us too

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
            Oh that is ace!!!!! You are clever!!

As David was born in England I think it only right Rodney supports us!!

Mx
            sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

McKayRocks, I greened you for your awesomeness!! Thank you very very much, and also thank you Arlessiar for pointing out the other thread. You guys rock!
              As a token of my appreciation, I post my first picture, which has already been posted in this thread before, but it's the only one I have . . .

. . . and it is delicious.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you very very much, and also thank you Arlessiar for pointing out the other thread.
                No problem.
                As a token of my appreciation, I post my first picture, which has already been posted in this thread before, but it's the only one I have . . .
                Hehe, yes yes, I know this pic somehow...
                THAT'S a great manip, FH! I love it, and I'm normally not supporting the English team!

Bye, A.

Comment

I am little late here but congrats to England I hope our footballers will make it, too.

Did I mention I love Sheppard/McKay friendship? (I am not slasher, sorry )
                  I love their guilty faces in this picture

Are you looking forward to July?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                    THAT'S a great manip, FH! I love it, and I'm normally not supporting the English team!

Bye, A.

Rodney: Arlessiar isn't supporting my home team?!! That's blasphemous!! I'm gunna go in to my room and cry

(Look at what you've done Arlessiar )

sigpic
                    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

McKayRocks, I greened you for your awesomeness!! Thank you very very much, and also thank you Arlessiar for pointing out the other thread. You guys rock!
                      You are welcome and yes we do rock, just like McKay (my sig says so, so it must be true!! )

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                      I must admit I am worried about what is going to happen when we play Germany

Originally posted by Klenotka
                      I am little late here but congrats to England I hope our footballers will make it, too.
                      Oh you are ranked 2nd in the world so I think you will do really well!

And now as we have not had any new pics released again tonight

*mutters about the folk who release the promo pics being slowcoaches and keeping us dangling*

I am off to bed early for a change with an ep or 2 as didn't watch any last night although I intended to!!

Nighty night all!!

Mx
                      sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by False hope[B
                        Rodney:[/B] Arlessiar isn't supporting my home team?!! That's blasphemous!! I'm gunna go in to my room and cry
                        (Look at what you've done Arlessiar )
                        Let him cry and sulk and pout. Men do that, I can deal with that.
                        No really, I love Rodney, but I have a team I'm cheering for, and it's not England, sorry guy!

By the way, there's one little thing in the Cult Times article I really loved! David talks about McKay being intimdated by Ronon, although he also considers him an idiot. Then he says:
                        "It's a lot like the relationships I had in real life with some of my fellow students in high school. I'd mouth off to the big guy and then leap into my locker, close it and say: 'I'm just saving you the trouble!'"
                        I mean this certainly wasn't funny when he was a kid, maybe he was bullied a bit and that's never good. I can relate to that a little. But in hindsight it sounds pretty funny. Hmm, if Rodney was similar as a child?

Bye, A.

Comment

A lot of spoilers for season 3 have come up with the DH Cult Times interview. Mx posted excerpts of the interview in the thunk, and it seems our fears about Rodney will come true.

The McKay and Mrs. Miller ep? Seems we were right:
                          Spoiler:
                          Jeannie comes to Atlantis and gets involved with the Stargate programm somehow, she's a genius herself, she doesn't even have to work hard for her success, and McKay's the poor guy whose ego gets bashed again - she's a natural, she does his job even better, the others like her more because she's friendlier...
                          Of course we have to wait how the ep will turn out in the end, but at the moment I'm a little sad about the storyline.
                          DH also said that he and the regisseur "discussed at great length" how McKay behaves towards his sister - let's hope they found a good way that doesn't let Rodney look too bad.

What really annoyed me was the confirmation of this
                          Spoiler:
                          "McKay screws up again big time in season 3"
                          thing, which we discussed earlier. David mentions it in the interview. But it seems he himself is a little sad about that! He says:
                          Spoiler:
                          "Unfortunately, he just keeps on screwing up for some reason, but hey, that's ok, especially if it helps make for a good story."

We know that DH likes SGA and his job on it very much, so I doubt he'd say something bad about the show in an interview. But it sounds as if he also doesn't like this development that much or is wondering why it has to be that way.

I'm wondering, too. TPTB seem to think that "bashing the arrogant scientist" is what all the fans want...

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                            I must admit I am worried about what is going to happen when we play Germany
                            Don't worry, it'll turn out the way it'll turn out, and that's it. No bad blood or harsh words from me, no matter what happens, that's for sure. I just hope the fans on both sides will behave themselves.

I'm off to bed, too, so good night, folks!

Bye, A.

Comment

Come on!
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam has NEVER screwed up and in the rare times she has it was usually out of her control or something completely out of the blue like Red Sky though she did screw up royally in Gemini (after 8 years of a spotless record of being right) but no one seemed to blame her which alwasy irked me.

I can't belive they are going to have McKay screw up AGAIN. At this rate why doesn't Atlantis just replace McKay with another less egotisical scientist because McKay doesn't seem to be all that special with the direction the SGA writers have been taking him.

In season 1 McKay was a jerk but he was damn good at his job. One of the things that make his character so interesting was that he had this sort of House vib to him. He was an absolute jerk but the son of a ***** was the best scientist they had and Atlantis wouldn't be able to survive without him.

Spoiler:
                              Now with all these screw ups it looks as if Atlantis could just cut their loses by replacing him and that's just sad. My only hope for this big screw up is that he won't be alone in makng it like he was in Trinity.
                              Last edited by GatetheWay; 15 June 2006, 02:46 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Well I said it earlier in the year; that I only keep choosing to watch SGA for DH/RM so really if they go this way
                                Spoiler:
                                and if they have him screwing up and no one else taking some of the blame (he is not in this alone!!! )
                                Then I will just stop watching the show. Why would I keep watching a show that keeps kicking my favourite character? This is not character development.

Spoiler:
                                I have to ask actually why they have him there why not just have Kavanaugh? Seems they don't want to pay for another actor so they will use McKay instead. I know if I want something resembling SG-1 McKay I have to put up with the hate, but this seems to be really sticking the boot in and I see no justification for it, I just hope (foolish person I am) that Weir and Sheppard get their fair share of slaps in the face because as I said McKay is not in this alone!!!

I knew I should never have trusted TPTB to handle character development, they just are so... well I can't say on GW because apparently we need to respect these people. Yeah well, they have to do something worth respecting first.

Comment

Working...
                                X