• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-2
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yep, cat for me, too.
    Oh, what a shock!

Seriously, though, to be a cat! That's like the ideal life right there.

Leave a comment:

• Scary Kitty
    replied
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by admirallily View Post
    Hello, fellow Sparkies. It's been about 20 years since SGA first aired and about 15 or so since I was involved in the fandom after how everything went down. I took a break from Facebook for this month of January and with all that time opened up (LOL) I found myself drawn to the past. Tapped into my old fanfics and somehow got stuck on the SGA ones. Been back on a kick ever since. Bought the DVDs and digitals again. Been working my way through the episodes and all my fics as well as others. I'm sad to see how some of my favorite places have gone away but glad to see this one still around. So here I am to say hello and apparently Sparky had such an impact that all these years later and even after how things went, my opinions haven't changed. I thought I might be ambivalent or accepting, but nope. I love those two as much as ever. Even managed to finish writing a few fics that I started almost two decades ago. They're not great but they're comforting and fun.
    Welcome back! Sparkies never say die!

I'm right there on the "finishing fics that were started two decades ago" train...though it's for another fandom.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    My current employers' idea.

They turned in my candidacy without telling me so much to my surprise I received a phonecall 2 weeks ago that I had been shortlisted and if interested I would be invited for an interview.

It's basically a support job cause they have their own "citizen developers" so it would be for 2 days a week, while the other 3 would just be for my current employer. I'll still be fully employed at Robonext so the other company has to pay a consultancy fee to them.

Hah! It's so your employer can make more money! Clever clever!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Also, thanks for making us feel old again.
    Though to be fair, I consider fandom to be the real fountain of youth.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Right?? I remember the interview that got me my IT job. It was with 3 managers at once. Two women and 1 man. The woman who eventually hired me... I'm sure she hired me because of the man's stupid questions and my probable facial reactions to them. I was a math major, computer science minor. I had a 4.0 in my computer science classes. Which means I had a straight A grade. So the guy asks "so you have a 4.0 in computer science, what grade did you get in Fortran?" I answered with "A" but I know myself and my propensity for expressing my feelings with my facial expressions. I'm sure I gave a WTF expression. My eventual boss thought that man was a moron (he was) so I'm sure it amused her.

Another interview I had, they asked me if I were an animal, what animal would I be.
    I said just regular cat.
    Yep, cat for me, too.

Leave a comment:

• JT-2
    replied
    Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

Lothcat?

I said just regular cat.

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied
    Another interview I had, they asked me if I were an animal, what animal would I be.
    Lothcat?

Leave a comment:

• JT-2
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    You and me both.
    Right?? I remember the interview that got me my IT job. It was with 3 managers at once. Two women and 1 man. The woman who eventually hired me... I'm sure she hired me because of the man's stupid questions and my probable facial reactions to them. I was a math major, computer science minor. I had a 4.0 in my computer science classes. Which means I had a straight A grade. So the guy asks "so you have a 4.0 in computer science, what grade did you get in Fortran?" I answered with "A" but I know myself and my propensity for expressing my feelings with my facial expressions. I'm sure I gave a WTF expression. My eventual boss thought that man was a moron (he was) so I'm sure it amused her.

Originally posted by admirallily
    Hello, fellow Sparkies. It's been about 20 years since SGA first aired and about 15 or so since I was involved in the fandom after how everything went down. I took a break from Facebook for this month of January and with all that time opened up (LOL) I found myself drawn to the past. Tapped into my old fanfics and somehow got stuck on the SGA ones. Been back on a kick ever since. Bought the DVDs and digitals again. Been working my way through the episodes and all my fics as well as others. I'm sad to see how some of my favorite places have gone away but glad to see this one still around. So here I am to say hello and apparently Sparky had such an impact that all these years later and even after how things went, my opinions haven't changed. I thought I might be ambivalent or accepting, but nope. I love those two as much as ever. Even managed to finish writing a few fics that I started almost two decades ago. They're not great but they're comforting and fun.
    Welcome back!! Sparky never dies! But yes, it's sad that some of the old haunts have gone away. There's a great Discord group out there, if you're interested. It's more active during October, though. (Sparktober)

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    My current employers' idea.

They turned in my candidacy without telling me so much to my surprise I received a phonecall 2 weeks ago that I had been shortlisted and if interested I would be invited for an interview.

It's basically a support job cause they have their own "citizen developers" so it would be for 2 days a week, while the other 3 would just be for my current employer. I'll still be fully employed at Robonext so the other company has to pay a consultancy fee to them.​
    Ah, that makes sense then. Is that something you'd like to do?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X