Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge #109

First, I want to say a huge Thank You to slizzie1986 to helping me out yet again on very short notice. And also I want to announce that she has stepped up and will be my partner in hosting the art challenge!

I am posting a little early today, but that just gives you more time to start working on the next challenge!
    Slizzie will be by later today to post the entries from the #108 Dancing challenge.

This week is a random challenge. I'll be traveling, so I won't make it like previous mystery ones. This week, you can pick instead of being assigned something. There are three words. Pick one [or all 3!]. Use that word in your art, or use it for your theme. Then pick a color. Use it however you want!

1. Joy
    2. Hope
    3. Peace

1. Green
    2. Blue
    3. Orange

Remember, you are free to use as many or as few options as you want, in any combo! Just use them to get your muse moving!

Entries due to me by noon your time, Monday June 13th.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Ah yes, we do.

It's tiny and pink and looks nothing like a panda should. It's a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny bear.

And we have to give it back to China in 4 years. In the meantime, plenty of fun to be had. That is if he survives.
      Good luck. It took a long time for us to get one that lasted.

Do you have access to the Hallmark Channel? I just saw Claire Rankin on Good Witch. She looked really good.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Challenge #108 - Dancing

RodneyIsGodney

MSusy

JadedWraith

slizzie1986

sigpic
        Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Got invited to attend the only screening of a friend's film this morning -- Strike At Dawn.
          World War II themed film, made by the friend with the help of friends. Much to my surprise my small contribution merited a mention in the credits.
          That's so awesome! Congratulations!

Ah yes, we do.

It's tiny and pink and looks nothing like a panda should. It's a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny bear.

And we have to give it back to China in 4 years. In the meantime, plenty of fun to be had. That is if he survives.
          Heh! Baby critters always seem to look so funny compared to adults.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Do you have access to the Hallmark Channel? I just saw Claire Rankin on Good Witch. She looked really good.
            Used to have a European version but not anymore.
            Ah, so that episode finally aired. Must find it then. She mentioned it on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, so I already looked up the show.

Also, here be my dance ficlet. It's unbeta'd so just posting it here until I find a beta and post it on AO3:

Title: It Takes Two To Tango
            Rating: PG-13
            Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan, Laura Cadman, Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard & Rodney McKay (in passing)
            Pairings: John Sheppard/Elizabeth Weir & Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer
            Summary: It takes two to tango.

Spoiler:

The cafeteria was unusually crowded for the time of night, and if Laura Cadman hadn’t spotted her and waved her over, Kate had turned back immediately from where she came, forgoing the idea of having a quiet bit of tea time before bed. She had joined the table reluctantly. It was well-stocked with familiar faces, some rarely making time for dinner or pleasantries afterwards. Rodney Mckay, in particular, gazed longingly at the door every so often, an experiment or ancient bit of technology no doubt lying in wait for his undying attention.

Kate only half listened to the conversation that was going on. It wasn’t that they weren’t talking about anything interesting, just the idea of Teyla’s fingers so close to her own within reach to touch kept her from giving the conversation her full attention. The hint of a smile on the Athosian’s face was more than telling her Teyla was keeping those fingers just out of reach on purpose.

“It takes two to tango,” Laura replied to a question Kate had not heard being asked.

“I’m quite familiar with the horizontal tango,” John added thoughtfully.

His revelation was met with silence, followed by a splurt of tea and Kate looking rather apologetic at Rodney as she pulled a napkin from the holder to clean up the spilled liquid.

“Why am I not surprised?” Elizabeth barely contained a chuckle.

“I can show you.” He grinned, “Later.”

“O-kay,” Laura intervened, halting the topic before it could go into territory she clearly wasn’t ready to tread, not with her superior officer sitting on the other side of the table. “Time for me to go to bed! G’night!”

“We shall have to leave as well.”

Teyla rose, taking Kate’s hand. The gesture send a jolt through Kate's arm, all the way up to the most inner core of her heart.

“We are?” Kate managed to say somewhat surprised.

Teyla turned, whispered something in Kate’s ear which made her blush, and grinned.

“We are,” Kate said more firmly, allowing Teyla to pull her away.

“Seems like the Tango D’Amore is quite popular tonight.”

John commented on the hasty retreat of the pair. Elizabeth rolled her eyes though the sparkle in her eyes never left.

“Well, my lady,” he too rose from his seat and turned to Elizabeth, “What say you?” He held out his arm. “Want to dance?”
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Used to have a European version but not anymore.
              Ah, so that episode finally aired. Must find it then. She mentioned it on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, so I already looked up the show.

Also, here be my dance ficlet. It's unbeta'd so just posting it here until I find a beta and post it on AO3:

Title: It Takes Two To Tango
              Rating: PG-13
              Characters: Kate Heightmeyer, Teyla Emmagan, Laura Cadman, Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard & Rodney McKay (in passing)
              Pairings: John Sheppard/Elizabeth Weir & Teyla Emmagan/Kate Heightmeyer
              Summary: It takes two to tango.

Spoiler:

The cafeteria was unusually crowded for the time of night, and if Laura Cadman hadn’t spotted her and waved her over, Kate had turned back immediately from where she came, forgoing the idea of having a quiet bit of tea time before bed. She had joined the table reluctantly. It was well-stocked with familiar faces, some rarely making time for dinner or pleasantries afterwards. Rodney Mckay, in particular, gazed longingly at the door every so often, an experiment or ancient bit of technology no doubt lying in wait for his undying attention.

Kate only half listened to the conversation that was going on. It wasn’t that they weren’t talking about anything interesting, just the idea of Teyla’s fingers so close to her own within reach to touch kept her from giving the conversation her full attention. The hint of a smile on the Athosian’s face was more than telling her Teyla was keeping those fingers just out of reach on purpose.

“It takes two to tango,” Laura replied to a question Kate had not heard being asked.

“I’m quite familiar with the horizontal tango,” John added thoughtfully.

His revelation was met with silence, followed by a splurt of tea and Kate looking rather apologetic at Rodney as she pulled a napkin from the holder to clean up the spilled liquid.

“Why am I not surprised?” Elizabeth barely contained a chuckle.

“I can show you.” He grinned, “Later.”

“O-kay,” Laura intervened, halting the topic before it could go into territory she clearly wasn’t ready to tread, not with her superior officer sitting on the other side of the table. “Time for me to go to bed! G’night!”

“We shall have to leave as well.”

Teyla rose, taking Kate’s hand. The gesture send a jolt through Kate's arm, all the way up to the most inner core of her heart.

“We are?” Kate managed to say somewhat surprised.

Teyla turned, whispered something in Kate’s ear which made her blush, and grinned.

“We are,” Kate said more firmly, allowing Teyla to pull her away.

“Seems like the Tango D’Amore is quite popular tonight.”

John commented on the hasty retreat of the pair. Elizabeth rolled her eyes though the sparkle in her eyes never left.

“Well, my lady,” he too rose from his seat and turned to Elizabeth, “What say you?” He held out his arm. “Want to dance?”
              I'll have to read your fic later.

Claire is in 3 episodes.
              sigpic

Comment

Claire is in 3 episodes.
                I just downloaded season 1 cause it's with Catherine Bell and I kinda like her too. Just gonna check it out. And there's only 10 episodes so I'll be caught up in no time to catch those three episodes.

Comment

I just downloaded season 1 cause it's with Catherine Bell and I kinda like her too. Just gonna check it out. And there's only 10 episodes so I'll be caught up in no time to catch those three episodes.
                  It's a really cute show.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good luck. It took a long time for us to get one that lasted.

Saw it in passing and thought that was her.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

It's a really cute show.
                      Watched episode 1 and 2 yesterday and decided I have a new guilty pleasure to watch.
                      It's different from what I'm usually watching (cop-shows, Marvel and DC's heroes, GoT, Vikings, Sleepy Hollow) but it's a fun show so it'll stay in the line-up.

Comment

Watched episode 1 and 2 yesterday and decided I have a new guilty pleasure to watch.
                        It's different from what I'm usually watching (cop-shows, Marvel and DC's heroes, GoT, Vikings, Sleepy Hollow) but it's a fun show so it'll stay in the line-up.
                        *claps hands* Yay! It's a darling little show, as is everything on that channel. All kinds of actors who work in Vancouver show up also. I just saw a movie with Kavan Smith playing a chef. LOL

I want to live in Middleton and you may not agree, but Martha has become my favorite character.
                        sigpic

Comment

Middleton does seem like a town I could live in.
                          And I've only seen two episodes, so I can't yet place all the characters. But so far, there isn't one that I don't like. I have a feeling I will probably like all of them with their quirks and little flaws and funny ways of doing stuff.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Hmm, sounds like Good Witch is something I might want to check out.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Middleton does seem like a town I could live in.
                              And I've only seen two episodes, so I can't yet place all the characters. But so far, there isn't one that I don't like. I have a feeling I will probably like all of them with their quirks and little flaws and funny ways of doing stuff.
                              Don't get the idea that towns like this really exist all over the place here. It's a bit too congenial and precious. That's partly why I love it I think. The closest you would come would be one of those quaint towns on Martha's Vineyard or some place like Telluride, Colorado which are places that average people cannot afford.
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't get the idea that towns like this really exist all over the place here.
                                I find that towns like that rarely exist for real, and if they do, then it's like you say... a bit on the expensive side.

Comment

Working...
                                X