Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt
    I would post up some more screen caps, but alas I'm at work. No access to the episode. Maybe tonight. I'll get some up.
    Here are some caps.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/gooner_diva/4188.html

Comment

Thanks for the link gooner, great caps. Just wanted to say:

WELCOME!

to all the new shippers! It seems quite a few have joined the fray, but I haven't had a chance to say hello. I'll give you green when I see ya and just say no to the mints!

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
        Um. .slightly OT.

Looks like Chewbacca's pelt hanging on the wall behind them.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
          I watched Critical Mass and I really liked that last scene
          Spoiler:
          where John goes to Elizabeth's office to tell her about Zelenka. It was cute that he went to her to have a laugh about Zelanka. It was also nice that she confided in him her feelings about her actions. I also loved the scene when they find out that Caldwell is a goa'uld. John just looks at Elizabeth and she looks back at him and she knows to leave because he and Ronon are going to beat the crap out of Caldwell to get the code from him. It was tacit and I just love that they can communicate that way.
          Aww, I'm so in love with this scene...I really don't know exactly why... but I am! Watched it over and over again
          Spoiler:
          It just somehow symbolize the perfect team-work between these two

Comment

About TLG,
            Spoiler:
            I love that comment Ronon makes about not knowing how Elizabeth thinks. I was pretty shocked to find out that she takes him out badly enough that he needs surgery. I really wasn't expecting that comment from Halan saying that 'he cares for her'. This truly is a shippy episode. I don't know how anyone will not be able to see the sparky in it.
            http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
            Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

About TLG,
              Spoiler:
              I love that comment Ronon makes about not knowing how Elizabeth thinks. I was pretty shocked to find out that she takes him out badly enough that he needs surgery. I really wasn't expecting that comment from Halan saying that 'he cares for her'. This truly is a shippy episode. I don't know how anyone will not be able to see the sparky in it.
              There always are people who don't see the spark between these two, but as long as we know it is there

Comment

Spoiler:
                Other than the obvious sparkiness I'm expecting from TLG, I'm also expecting to see some top notch acting in this episode. I mean, they will have their bodies taken over by other consciousnesses, so I'm expecting to see some distinguishing differences in personalities. I always thought that the cast of SG-1 did a great job when they had to do these sorts of things. Examples would be AT with Replicarter and MS with multiple personalities in season 7's Life Boat. I have so much faith in TH and JF. They'll definitely blow us away.
                http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

About TLG,
                  Spoiler:
                  i so am there... i think that it will
                  Spoiler:
                  ba a really shippy ep
                  ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I tell you what I've noticed on other threads about is that there's a lack of real backlash against this ship other than from a few people and their dirty socks. I've been a bit surprised actually in reading that so many people are 'ok' with it even if they're not into the shippy stuff as enthusiastically as many of us are. They're like 'I don't mind and if they're going to do a pair-that one (S/W) seems the logical and best.' Now, yeah, there's a few supporters of other pairings that are always going to blast away but for the most part, it's not been too bad. There's only one or two really staunch 'no romos' that I've bounced into. And I agree with the girls at LJ. The more posting and 'buzz' and excitement that's built over this potential, the better chance we'll see more of it. So, post away!

BTW-TLG spoilers are behind these linkos.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20947
                    http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php...page=0#1436747

Comment

Critical Mass
                      Originally posted by Dorka
                      Aww, I'm so in love with this scene...I really don't know exactly why... but I am! Watched it over and over again
                      Spoiler:
                      It just somehow symbolize the perfect team-work between these two
                      I loved that scene too.
                      Spoiler:
                      It shows once again how she can allow herself to lower her guard a little around him and express what's troubling her as she can't really do that with others because of her position.
                      In the future they'll probably start sharing more thoughts and feelings which I think is healthy. Both having someone they could 'unload' on emotionally and who would understand in the end. Goodness knows it's never good to keep whats troubling you inside behind lock and key without it having some negative effects on your psyche.

And as Athena pointed out, it shows again how comfortable they've become with each other. John coming to her office and then sitting on her desk (next to the jar ).

Was that her father's watch?

Have the thread visits suddenly increased after the TLG spoilers or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                        I tell you what I've noticed on other threads about is that there's a lack of real backlash against this ship other than from a few people and their dirty socks. I've been a bit surprised actually in reading that so many people are 'ok' with it even if they're not into the shippy stuff as enthusiastically as many of us are.
                        I've noticed that as well - even on other boards. There seems to be a very small minority that you could call "rabid anti" - and some of those posters are just the same person with multiple personalities.

For the most part, folks like it, are indifferent, or have concerns that the writers can't pull it off without it sinking into soap opera territory and/or taking away from the other characters.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                          Have the thread visits suddenly increased after the TLG spoilers or is it just me?
                          We did break fifteen thousand posts this morning.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                            Critical Mass
                            I loved that scene too.
                            Spoiler:
                            It shows once again how she can allow herself to lower her guard a little around him and express what's troubling her as she can't really do that with others because of her position.
                            In the future they'll probably start sharing more thoughts and feelings which I think is healthy. Both having someone they could 'unload' on emotionally and who would understand in the end. Goodness knows it's never good to keep whats troubling you inside behind lock and key without it having some negative effects on your psyche.

And as Athena pointed out, it shows again how comfortable they've become with each other. John coming to her office and then sitting on her desk (next to the jar ).

Was that her father's watch?

Spoiler:
                            Yeah, that's right. She can't go to Rodney...well he has other problems I guess, and he's not the ideal listener. Ronon is too new, even when they had nice moments together...Teyla would be the other option, but somehow TPTB don't want to go there...maybe bc, also in my eyes, the two are very different. So finally there is John left. He's a good listener. And of course there are stars sparkling around when they are gazing at each other

I also think, that after TLG their bound will be even much more stronger. Liz was right in Conversion, they have been through many things...and TLG will just double it

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Other than the obvious sparkiness I'm expecting from TLG, I'm also expecting to see some top notch acting in this episode. I mean, they will have their bodies taken over by other consciousnesses, so I'm expecting to see some distinguishing differences in personalities. I always thought that the cast of SG-1 did a great job when they had to do these sorts of things. Examples would be AT with Replicarter and MS with multiple personalities in season 7's Life Boat. I have so much faith in TH and JF. They'll definitely blow us away.
                              Oh!!!!
                              Spoiler:
                              how amazing was Amanda both as Replicarter and geeky-Carter. I can imagine both Torri and Joe will be just as good.. It'll give them such an incredible chance to show what they can do

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                                Spoiler:
                                Yeah, that's right. She can't go to Rodney...well he has other problems I guess, and he's not the ideal listener. Ronon is too new, even when they had nice moments together...Teyla would be the other option, but somehow TPTB don't want to go there...maybe bc, also in my eyes, the two are very different. So finally there is John left. He's a good listener. And of course there are stars sparkling around when they are gazing at each other

I also think, that after TLG their bound will be even much more stronger. Liz was right in Conversion, they have been through many things...and TLG will just double it
                                You're the best Dorka. and you're so right
                                Spoiler:
                                John really is the only one she can confide in, not just because of their connection, but also because of their position in the general scheme of things. They have to rely on each other, but it's interesting to see that that's not a burden to either of them. It comes naturally.

Comment

Working...
                                X