Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Those are gorgeous!
    Thanks, to be honest I thought they were kinda haphazard.

Ooooh, that's evil. I like it!
    It's not that evil...yet. Maybe if the gambit was actually to deliver the team to Asuras, with John acting as an unwitting mole and saboteur.

I know, right? If other media tie-in writers thought those books were good enough to deserve awards, you'd think someone at MGM would understand the significance of that and work to ensure that that level of quality was continued. But I guess no one at MGM was smart enough to figure that out.
    So many descisons

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    What does that stand for?
    I believe it's "fixed that for you"

Even disregarding any Sparky stuff, the fixed summary feels more true to character.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I don't know what FTFY is, but I like the way you changed that summary. I'm guessing that she and John never have a private moment in those books, but that may just be me. But just think about it. In order to stop the awesomeness that is Sparky, they have to keep them far apart even on paper. ROTFLMAO!
      And in so doing prove that even they know that Sparky exists and is, to quote that old song, too legit to quit. Just goes to show, where there's smoke, there's Sparky FIRE!

Originally posted by ohalis View Post
      Thanks, to be honest I thought they were kinda haphazard.
      Nah, they're awesome!

It's not that evil...yet. Maybe if the gambit was actually to deliver the team to Asuras, with John acting as an unwitting mole and saboteur.
      See, like I said: EVIL!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So... I just read Mallozzi's summary of what was supposed to happen in the Atlantis movie. All these years I had been disappointed that we never got one, but I never actually looked into the movie itself. (I mean, my favorite characters were either gone or relegated to having very little storyline, so why bother?)

Wow, am I glad that that movie was never made. Dodged a bullet with that one.

What does that stand for?
        I don't know what FTFY is, but I like the way you changed that summary. I'm guessing that she and John never have a private moment in those books, but that may just be me. But just think about it. In order to stop the awesomeness that is Sparky, they have to keep them far apart even on paper. ROTFLMAO!
        As Ohalis said, it's "fixed that for you," heh.

I like your idea. It actually requires keeping them in separate galaxies to ensure that their relationship doesn't further develop in the way that it naturally would. Gives new meaning to the term "power couple."

Somehow I imagine that even if they did have private moments in the book, they wouldn't be that remarkable.

Spoiler:
        "So, how are you holding up?"

"Honestly, I'm still having trouble with the idea that we're in another galaxy, let alone understanding what... supposedly happened to me."

"Yeah." John scratched the back of his neck. "Don't suppose you've considered what you wanna do now that you've been cleared to leave the city?"

"In fact, I have given it some thought."

"And...?"

"I think once she gets over the initial shock, my mother would probably like to see me. Figure I can take things one step at a time and decide where I want to go from there."

John gave her a small grin.

"Sounds like a plan to me."

And... CUT! That's it. That's a wrap. No more of this "talking" business between John and Elizabeth. We'll next find her making her somewhat tearful goodbyes to people she doesn't yet fully remember, and she will neither be seen nor heard from again.

> Cue Sheyla make-out session silhouetted by a fiery setting sun over rippling water, indicating to the reader/viewer that this is the true culmination of events that we've all been waiting for and is the very image of DESTINY in the making.

Oh, speaking of destiny...

> Cue the SGU theme

Even disregarding any Sparky stuff, the fixed summary feels more true to character.
        Just like I can't imagine Daniel, as someone who gives so much of himself trying to help people, giving up on being part of SG-1 and their mission after un-ascending (and the death of Sha're), I can't imagine Elizabeth - after all that she's been through and everything that she's learned and accomplished - choosing to step down and simply settle into a quiet life by herself, keeping her "former life" a secret from the rest of the world and being unable to lead or even contribute to what she once fought for on a daily basis.
        Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 23 July 2015, 07:13 PM.
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
          So... I just read Mallozzi's summary of what was supposed to happen in the Atlantis movie. All these years I had been disappointed that we never got one, but I never actually looked into the movie itself. (I mean, my favorite characters were either gone or relegated to having very little storyline, so why bother?)

Wow, am I glad that that movie was never made. Dodged a bullet with that one.
          I think we could all agree on that one. *shudders*

I like your idea. It actually requires keeping them in separate galaxies to ensure that their relationship doesn't further develop in the way that it naturally would. Gives new meaning to the term "power couple."

Somehow I imagine that even if they did have private moments in the book, they wouldn't be that remarkable.

Spoiler:
          "So, how are you holding up?"

"Honestly, I'm still having trouble with the idea that we're in another galaxy, let alone understanding what... supposedly happened to me."

"Yeah." John scratched the back of his neck. "Don't suppose you've considered what you wanna do now that you've been cleared to leave the city?"

"In fact, I have given it some thought."

"And...?"

"I think once she gets over the initial shock, my mother would probably like to see me. Figure I can take things one step at a time and decide where I want to go from there."

John gave her a small grin.

"Sounds like a plan to me."

And... CUT! That's it. That's a wrap. No more of this "talking" business between John and Elizabeth. We'll next find her making her somewhat tearful goodbyes to people she doesn't yet fully remember, and she will neither be seen nor heard from again.

> Cue Sheyla make-out session silhouetted by a fiery setting sun over rippling water, indicating to the reader/viewer that this is the true culmination of events that we've all been waiting for and is the very image of DESTINY in the making.

Oh, speaking of destiny...

> Cue the SGU theme
          That about sums it up, but I doubt they even had a moment like that one unless it had John thinking about how uncomfortable he was being alone with her and how having her gone would be such a relief.

And on the Sheyla idea. Since MGM put a stop to it in the books, evidently they couldn't even hint that they were together and had to resort to sekrit subtext for the shippers. LOL I hear that because
          Spoiler:
          John chose to stay in Pegasus that means that he was in wuv with Teyla.
          Oh yeah, everyone reading would have picked up on that. LOL
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thank you.

I wouldn't touch the Legacy books with a 10-foot pole, cause they just didn't know the characters. The way they treated the Athosians and the Wraith alike. They made them the laughing stock of the community, and both the Wraith and the Athosians deserve way better. Kanaan and Torren deserve way better treatment than what they got.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Just like I can't imagine Daniel, as someone who gives so much of himself trying to help people, giving up on being part of SG-1 and their mission after un-ascending (and the death of Sha're), I can't imagine Elizabeth - after all that she's been through and everything that she's learned and accomplished - choosing to step down and simply settle into a quiet life by herself, keeping her "former life" a secret from the rest of the world and being unable to lead or even contribute to what she once fought for on a daily basis.
              Thank you.

I wouldn't touch the Legacy books with a 10-foot pole, cause they just didn't know the characters. The way they treated the Athosians and the Wraith alike. They made them the laughing stock of the community, and both the Wraith and the Athosians deserve way better. Kanaan and Torren deserve way better treatment than what they got.
              See, both of these are perfect examples of how horribly out-of-character and UNtrue to the series the books were. It's no wonder that the gen fans and other shippers weren't flooding Amazon, etc. with orders. It's not what we saw on the show.

And we totally saw Sparky. (I would totally post the little smilies of Elizabeth and John doing their neener faces, but Photobucket is being a pain at the moment. )
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That about sums it up, but I doubt they even had a moment like that one unless it had John thinking about how uncomfortable he was being alone with her and how having her gone would be such a relief.
                Lmaoo. That pesky Liz, turning into the Apophis of the Pegasus galaxy. Just when they thought they were rid of her, she just had to find a way to come back to life.

And on the Sheyla idea. Since MGM put a stop to it in the books, evidently they couldn't even hint that they were together and had to resort to sekrit subtext for the shippers. LOL I hear that because
                Spoiler:
                John chose to stay in Pegasus that means that he was in wuv with Teyla.
                Oh yeah, everyone reading would have picked up on that. LOL
                OMG.

Excuse me, I just... need a moment...

Spoiler:

...Send help.

I wouldn't touch the Legacy books with a 10-foot pole
                Is it sick of me that now I'm actually tempted to read one of them for the comedic value?

See, both of these are perfect examples of how horribly out-of-character and UNtrue to the series the books were. It's no wonder that the gen fans and other shippers weren't flooding Amazon, etc. with orders. It's not what we saw on the show.

And we totally saw Sparky. (I would totally post the little smilies of Elizabeth and John doing their neener faces, but Photobucket is being a pain at the moment. )
                From what I've seen around the internet, it seems to me that the chemistry and sexual tension between John and Liz was noted by a lot of people who didn't normally ship characters or who couldn't have cared less if any of them got together. They just clicked, and they were subtle enough to not annoy non-shippers. (Much like my other favorite pairing, hehe.)

Also, have you used Imgur? I much prefer that site since it doesn't play all your gifs and slow everything down. The only downside is the lower limit to how many pics you can upload.
                rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Wow, 38 guests on the thread? The bots must be out again.

Lmaoo. That pesky Liz, turning into the Apophis of the Pegasus galaxy. Just when they thought they were rid of her, she just had to find a way to come back to life.

Is it sick of me that now I'm actually tempted to read one of them for the comedic value?
                  That's VERY sick. Though I suppose if it lead to a parody being written, it would be a noble sacrifice.

From what I've seen around the internet, it seems to me that the chemistry and sexual tension between John and Liz was noted by a lot of people who didn't normally ship characters or who couldn't have cared less if any of them got together. They just clicked, and they were subtle enough to not annoy non-shippers. (Much like my other favorite pairing, hehe.)
                  Absolutely. Those of us who were here at the time that Season 4 was originally airing can tell you that the episodes that Elizabeth appeared in really got a strong response in favor of Elizabeth and John/Elizabeth from the gen fans.

Also, have you used Imgur? I much prefer that site since it doesn't play all your gifs and slow everything down. The only downside is the lower limit to how many pics you can upload.
                  At this point, I'm trying to cut down the number of accounts that I have to keep track of. It's a nightmare, I tell you.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

It's almost over and then back to work - which I still have developed no love for. Hence why I'm jumping back on the apply-for-a-job train. I want a job that I don't resent and love getting up for in the morning. My current one isn't it... that's for sure.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I need Torri to hurry up and come back to Dark Matter already.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Wow, 38 guests on the thread? The bots must be out again.
                        I've noticed the high number of guests, too. Like, more so than on any other thread. Are they bots?

Absolutely. Those of us who were here at the time that Season 4 was originally airing can tell you that the episodes that Elizabeth appeared in really got a strong response in favor of Elizabeth and John/Elizabeth from the gen fans.
                        That's good to know. It makes me wish I had been there at the time, although I suppose I could look through the archives to see some discussions.
                        rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

I need Torri to hurry up and come back to Dark Matter already.

I've noticed the high number of guests, too. Like, more so than on any other thread. Are they bots?

That's good to know. It makes me wish I had been there at the time, although I suppose I could look through the archives to see some discussions.
                          A good place to start would be to take a peak at the episode threads for those she was in for S4 and especially GitM in S5.

I just went and browsed through that thread and got a few good laughs. Back in those days certain posters didn't seem to understand the meaning of "opinion" and were happy to tell you how wrong yours were. It's a hoot now but was annoying at the time. There is also a John/Elizabeth thread under the GitM episode section that we had a ton of fun with.
                          Last edited by Southern Red; 26 July 2015, 12:25 PM.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's rainy here, so I am reading YA fantasy novels and watching X-Files.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yep, they're usually bots.

A good place to start would be to take a peak at the episode threads for those she was in for S4 and especially GitM in S5.

I just went and browsed through that thread and got a few good laughs. Back in those days certain posters didn't seem to understand the meaning of "opinion" and were happy to tell you how wrong yours were. It's a hoot now but was annoying at the time. There is also a John/Elizabeth thread under the GitM episode section that we had a ton of fun with.
                              Ohhhh yeah, those were the days! Downright insanity, I tell you.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              It was raining off and on this weekend. Rather nice. And now the temperatures are going to start heating up again. The salmon do not like these shenanigans; expect prices of sockeye and other NW seafood at your market to start going up.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into those. I'm going to wait until I get there in my re-watch, as it's been so long that I'd like to avoid spoilers, although I might pop into the GitM section soon.

Oh, gotta love the opinion-as-fact people! That is the norm of other forums I frequent, some of which also have voting systems so that people who disagree with you can "neg" you into oblivion. Which is not petty of them at all.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                                Made it very far into season 3 yet?

YA fantasy is something I've only started reading recently, having rejected YA books in high school and most of college. Have you read Cinder?

It was raining off and on this weekend. Rather nice. And now the temperatures are going to start heating up again. The salmon do not like these shenanigans; expect prices of sockeye and other NW seafood at your market to start going up.
                                I want fresh salmon. I'm definitely not in a good part of the country for that.
                                rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Working...
                                X