Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
    Oh, i get you Mel.

(I remember that scene in SG1. I thought it was very touching.)
    Oh gosh, I love that scene. That's my favorite season of SG-1, actually, and it's for moments like that. (Also, the sheer amount of Season 5 that I watched as research for The Crossroads of Eshu, as that was the point of divergence.) I loved Sarah and Osiris, which is why she ended up featuring so heavily in Eshu, and that little moment from Sarah was just heartbreaking.

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
    Spoiler:
    So from what you've said, i'm thinking that they can connect to the host but can also block them out if they so choose. By Halan saying this, he's trying to force Phoebus to connect with Liz, if only briefly so that she can feel some of what Liz is feeling, and then maybe some of Liz's compassion might 'bleed' through and Phoebus would let her consciousness fade out with no harm coming to Liz or John.
    I think we're mostly on the same page.
    Spoiler:
    I don't think it's so much a matter of connecting and blocking out. I suspect that they can feel the full force of all their hosts' emotions, just as the hosts are fully aware of what's going on. So what I'm proposing is that Halan is aware of John's feelings and chooses to respect that, while Phoebus would be equally aware of Elizabeth, but chooses to ignore that. This is really the only explanation I can think of for why the two are described as mortal enemies, but Halan seems far less belligerent. I think he can sense John's emotional attachment to everyone, but especially Elizabeth, and he's trying to get Phoebus to feel that same compassion. Surely Halan's also aware, through John's memories and feelings, that Elizabeth is equally devoted to her people, if he's not aware of how strongly she feels for John in particular.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Spoiler:
      ooh yea I totally agree about The Long Goodbye speulations guys! Can't wait for that episode! I totally wish there was more about Shep/Weir in Atlantis..at least like in SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        Spoiler:
        I don't think it's so much a matter of connecting and blocking out. I suspect that they can feel the full force of all their hosts' emotions, just as the hosts are fully aware of what's going on. So what I'm proposing is that Halan is aware of John's feelings and chooses to respect that, while Phoebus would be equally aware of Elizabeth, but chooses to ignore that.
        That's kind of what i meant.
        Spoiler:
        That they block out by ignoring them.

I'm mostly asleep, so all language skills have gone out the window

Comment

Spoiler:
          I don't think it's so much a matter of connecting and blocking out. I suspect that they can feel the full force of all their hosts' emotions, just as the hosts are fully aware of what's going on. So what I'm proposing is that Halan is aware of John's feelings and chooses to respect that, while Phoebus would be equally aware of Elizabeth, but chooses to ignore that. This is really the only explanation I can think of for why the two are described as mortal enemies, but Halan seems far less belligerent. I think he can sense John's emotional attachment to everyone, but especially Elizabeth, and he's trying to get Phoebus to feel that same compassion. Surely Halan's also aware, through John's memories and feelings, that Elizabeth is equally devoted to her people, if he's not aware of how strongly she feels for John in particular.
          Wow. I just equate all that in my head to how the Goa'uld versus Tok'ra would work.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
          I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
          Spoiler:
          Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Spoiler:
            I thought I'd read a
            Spoiler:

That "Elizabeth" doesn't even react to the news about "John" caring more than she knows.

Am I making things up now?

Comment

And here I thought I would just be able to lurk in this thread. I too have now seen the promo and OMG. I am FREAKIN' OUT!!! Evil sci-fi makes us in the US wait till February!!!

All these spoilers really make me very very optimistic for the rest of the season. I was beginning to be a little doubtful, but if all these spoilers, promos and pics look as good as they really are, then the second half of season 2 is gonna be chuck full of S/W goodness.... *SSQQUUUEEEEEE*

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon
                I thought I'd read a
                Spoiler:

That "Elizabeth" doesn't even react to the news about "John" caring more than she knows.

No, I read it too. With Torri and Joe though...it's all about that little bit of 'more' we get than the script direction dictates.
                Spoiler:
                This scene will be one to watch closely as will Elizabeth's? reaction or lack thereof. Could be we really get nothing-not even a blink. Or it could be that Torri sneaks us in a tiny moment of recognition.
                I would give my husband's wandering right hand for the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon
                  I thought I'd read a
                  Spoiler:

I'd read that too, but
                  Spoiler:
                  my take on it is that the interpretation by the actors might be somewhat different than what's on the page. We may not get a dialogue response, and Phoebus may feel unaffected by what Halan tells her, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Elizabeth has a reaction that Phoebus has to suppress.

I think it's a lot like the Goa'uld, as Whistler said. Theoretically, the symbiote has total control over the host, but there have been countless occasions when the host has been able to express something, like the example I gave earlier with Sarah and Osiris. Elizabeth's reaction may be strong enough that we'll actually see a sliver of it. And I wouldn't put it past Torri Higginson to react to it even though the script says she doesn't. She's been known to change things before.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                    Let me just pause here and say that anyone who doesn't understand that a conversation like this is equally shippy to what we get in 'TLG' doesn't understand what a real pair bond male/female relationship is all about and doesn't understand Sheppard and Weir.

Thanks for the transcript Wiz.
                    This is the kind of scene I love between these two that is in Critical Mass.

Comment

Ok, I have a problem. I did have the promo vid on my computer but through Media Player is only plays the sounds but not the video, does anyone know what the problem could be?

I need some help..

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

Comment

Oh gosh, I love that scene. That's my favorite season of SG-1, actually, and it's for moments like that. (Also, the sheer amount of Season 5 that I watched as research for The Crossroads of Eshu, as that was the point of divergence.) I loved Sarah and Osiris, which is why she ended up featuring so heavily in Eshu, and that little moment from Sarah was just heartbreaking.

Spoiler:
                        I agree--that would explain why
                        Spoiler:
                        Halan would bother mentioning John's feelings at all. However, it might be possible that Halan was weakened by their last fight, or has lower mental guards. Perhaps Elizabeth is confused, or feels incredibly discouraged by what she has watched herself do. John has been in combat repeatedly and even had to deal with a transformation into a wraith. He is capable of coping with combat stress. Elizabeth is intensely against violence; the actions Phoebus takes using her body might make her feel completely divorced form herself andthus give Phoebus a little more control.

Just thought of something--
                        Spoiler:
                        anyone else think there is going to be a "bedside manner" joke form Liz to John?
                        It would be a fun throwback to "Conversion".

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Skyler
                          Ok, I have a problem. I did have the promo vid on my computer but through Media Player is only plays the sounds but not the video, does anyone know what the problem could be?

I need some help..
                          You don't have the video codec.

You need the Div X codec.

http://www.divx.com/divx/play/download/

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                            You don't have the video codec.

You need the Div X codec.

http://www.divx.com/divx/play/download/
                            THANK YOU!!! I was going CRAZY!! *gives you green* You just made my night!

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

Comment

This thread is moving ridiculously fast. Welcome to all the newcomers, glad you're here. (How many more are gonna appear when the actual episode airs?) Don't eat the mints, unless you don't mind the chalky texture, and watch your fingers when petting our baby giant space dragon mascot.

Speaking of Jor, I found him in the closet, preparing for black ops against rival ships:

I think he used a permanent marker for his 'camouflage'. This isn't gonna wash off any time soon.

a time to mourn

Comment

*whew* I was on vacation and away from the internet for about a week, and was this close to catching up, then The Spoiler breaks, and I'm back another 20 pages! I'm all caught up now, and squeeing like an idiot. I'm in good company, though, eh?!

P.S. That's an excellent look for Jor! I know I wouldn't want to mess with him!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
                                still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Working...
                                X