Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ohalis View Post
    Heh, I think that's too much of challenge for me! I have no idea what pics I could use? I do have something else in mind though, hope I finish in time.
    You can use anything at all. The challenge is very open, and very friendly. You can certainly do Elizabeth/Sheppard if you want, or just plain beach, no people, etc. The 'challenge' is just a way to get people to do art or fan fic, with no pressure.
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Hi all! *waves* Long time no see.

I recently finished a new Sparky drawing/painting, this time as a Before and After meme. I decided to re-do one that I had been really proud of, so I chose that painting of John and Lizzie dancing off-world in the light of a campfire (if anybody remembers that one).

Here's the two side by side, and here's the new version in full.
      I agree with SR and ohalis, I definitely like the second one better.

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I haven't done any fanart in nearly 10 years but lurking the thread and seeing everyone's amazing work, made me want to join in.

This was actually the result of my first attempt, I wanted warm, sunny and smiley. I don't know what happened...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3672/1...fe48a732_b.jpg
      May not be warm, sunny and smiley, but it's fantastic!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I haven't done any fanart in nearly 10 years but lurking the thread and seeing everyone's amazing work, made me want to join in.

This was actually the result of my first attempt, I wanted warm, sunny and smiley. I don't know what happened...

That is fabulous. Love the John woobie face and the text is prefect.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Erin - [cue lemming hug]

WELCOME BACK!!!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi all! *waves* Long time no see.

I recently finished a new Sparky drawing/painting, this time as a Before and After meme. I decided to re-do one that I had been really proud of, so I chose that painting of John and Lizzie dancing off-world in the light of a campfire (if anybody remembers that one).

Here's the two side by side, and here's the new version in full.

Yeah, I haven't read any fic in the longest time. I still have two SGA fics that I want to finish, but I haven't written anything in so long that I'm rusty (and lazy). I'm currently on a Star Wars kick because I'm watching the Clone Wars show for the first time (started slow, but I'm loving it! Ahsoka's awesome. R2 and Obi-Wan are still my favorites) so now I'm super hyped for the new movie and Rebels (should it ever come to Netflix) and all that.

That's lovely! Great work.
            Erin!! How have you been?

Not sure which I like better of your artwork.

As a Star Wars fan, all I'll say is Ashoka has a heck of a roller coaster ride over the series.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I totally think the second one is an improvement, though John remains a pain to capture properly in a likeness.

That's gorgeous! And wonderfully angsty.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Erin!! How have you been?

Not sure which I like better of your artwork.

As a Star Wars fan, all I'll say is Ashoka has a heck of a roller coaster ride over the series.
              Hi! Not too bad. I graduated college last year, so still trying to figure things out, haha.

You're not kidding! We just finished watching Season 5 today. Ouch. But I'm so proud of her and how much she's grown.

I also finished reading Gone With the Wind for the first time today. It was a day for angst apparently, haha.
              Spoiler:
              Stupid people and their stupid stupid pride that keeps them from actually, I don't know talking to each other. So much heartbreak could have been avoided if Scarlett and Rhett had just been open with each other. *sigh*headdesk*

Let's see, how to make that Sparky... Hmm... In GWtW, it gets brought up a lot about how 'like has to marry like' for a couple to be truly happy. So, even though we already know they're perfect for each other, just for discussion's sake, how alike would you say John and Lizzie are? They have a certain opposites-attract quality with the diplomat/soldier, optimist/pessimist dynamic, but they also share similarities too (that I'm kind of blanking on at the moment except for compassion). Maybe what 'like marry like' lesson really means based on GWtW, is that no couple can be truly happy unless they understand each other, which we know is abundantly true with John and Liz.
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I totally think the second one is an improvement, though John remains a pain to capture properly in a likeness.
                He does tend to be rather pesky and hard to manage in any scenario, doesn't he?

I also finished reading Gone With the Wind for the first time today. It was a day for angst apparently, haha.
                Spoiler:
                Stupid people and their stupid stupid pride that keeps them from actually, I don't know talking to each other. So much heartbreak could have been avoided if Scarlett and Rhett had just been open with each other. *sigh*headdesk*

Let's see, how to make that Sparky... Hmm... In GWtW, it gets brought up a lot about how 'like has to marry like' for a couple to be truly happy. So, even though we already know they're perfect for each other, just for discussion's sake, how alike would you say John and Lizzie are? They have a certain opposites-attract quality with the diplomat/soldier, optimist/pessimist dynamic, but they also share similarities too (that I'm kind of blanking on at the moment except for compassion). Maybe what 'like marry like' lesson really means based on GWtW, is that no couple can be truly happy unless they understand each other, which we know is abundantly true with John and Liz.
                Both of them can also be very stubborn. But yes, they totally understand each other. Case in point, all the times where they can just look at each other, not saying a word, yet they know what the other is thinking, how to respond, etc.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Mr. SR and I have never understood each other, so that's not always true. I think what TPTB originally intended was that John and Elizabeth be totally opposite and not get along. The War and Peace scene was their ham-handed attempt to make the audience aware of something we already knew, but like most everything they did, they couldn't pull it off. The chemistry between Joe and Torri just blew that idea out of the water, and no matter what they did, nobody believed John and Elizabeth didn't get along.

I could write long essays on GWTW, but you have to interpret literature in light of the time it represents or at the very least, the time in which it was written. That book was about change and how a whole way of life was about to be destroyed. Scarlett and Rhett were the human embodiments of that idea and in sharp contrast with Melanie and Ashley. *takes off English teacher hat*
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi! Not too bad. I graduated college last year, so still trying to figure things out, haha.

You're not kidding! We just finished watching Season 5 today. Ouch. But I'm so proud of her and how much she's grown.

Spoiler:

You're welcome.

Congrats on just graduating college.

Ying and Yang seems to be the best way to describe Sparky to me. While they never agreed on absolutely everything, they were in sink enough to just look at each other and know what the other was thinking.

O.T. Star Wars:
                    Spoiler:
                    Have you seen the end of season 1 of Star Wars Rebels yet?
                    Last edited by mandogater; 25 June 2015, 02:13 PM.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I've been visiting this thread over the past few months, but it looks like there's not too much to talk about that's Sparky related all these years later. I'm not sure what to contribute. Have you guys considered doing an Atlantis re-watch? Or have you already done something like that?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Case in point, all the times where they can just look at each other, not saying a word, yet they know what the other is thinking, how to respond, etc.
                      Including all of the eyesexing, obvs.
                      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                        I've been visiting this thread over the past few months, but it looks like there's not too much to talk about that's Sparky related all these years later. I'm not sure what to contribute. Have you guys considered doing an Atlantis re-watch? Or have you already done something like that?

Including all of the eyesexing, obvs.
                        Hello and welcome. We don't have a lot to talk about these days, but we like to keep in touch. We did a rewatch a while ago and even then only had a few people participate. I think most of us have moved on to new interests, but it's still good to remember the old times.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Hello and welcome. We don't have a lot to talk about these days, but we like to keep in touch. We did a rewatch a while ago and even then only had a few people participate. I think most of us have moved on to new interests, but it's still good to remember the old times.
                          Indeed. Keeping the Sparky home fires burning, and all that. Though really, it seems to be true of many fandoms that are no longer getting new canon to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            It's really great that you have all gotten to know each other through the show. When I eventually begin my SGA re-watch, I'll probably have questions and random thoughts to share (which have probably been covered tenfold in the years since the show has aired, but oh, well).

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Indeed. Keeping the Sparky home fires burning, and all that. Though really, it seems to be true of many fandoms that are no longer getting new canon to play with.
                            I swear, I always get into things too late, lol. I'm only following one show still on air, and its next season will be its last. Everything else has been over for years, and, understandably, the fandoms dwindle with no news or activities to keep things interesting.

So, what shows is everyone here into these days? Is Dark Matter out yet?
                            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

...I'll probably have questions and random thoughts to share (which have probably been covered tenfold in the years since the show has aired, but oh, well).
                              Nevertheless, a fresh set of views are always fun to talk about.

So, what shows is everyone here into these days? Is Dark Matter out yet?
                              Dark Matter is indeed already on the air. Don't ask me if it's good cause I ain't watching it. It's Mallozzi and he's on my black list. Not watching anything he's involved in. He'll just screw the fans over anyways.

I'm watching Defiance, Rizzoli & Isles, NCIS, NCIS:LA, NCIS: New Orleans, Hawaii Five-O, Game of Thrones (although season 5 was horrendously boring), Vikings, Gotham, Marvel's Agents of Shield, Castle, Elementary, Continuum (though it only has one more season of 6 episodes left), Unforgettable (though I have no idea whether there are new episodes to come since it was cancelled again after last season, then bought by different company so who knows), Forever (got cancelled sadly), ... and then some.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Current shows- NCIS, Castle, Vikings, Once Upon a Time, PBS shows

(Scifi won't stream Dark Matter without cable info.)
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X