Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alyssa
    What exactly does he say????
    i second that ... i wanna know!!!!!!! what exactly is said at the end???
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

It seems that with how they show us such little promos and stuff they gotta put in that little thing that'll get the shippers all hyper and squee. I think they do it on purpose.

Comment

Okay, I'm confused Can someone give me a run down on the episode of Critical Mass? Or point me in a direction of spoilers? Thanx!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
          Okay, I'm confused Can someone give me a run down on the episode of Critical Mass? Or point me in a direction of spoilers? Thanx!!
          Here's a link to the thread about Critical Mass, Click here.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
          I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
          Spoiler:
          Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

What exactly does he say????
            Ah,
            Spoiler:
            he gives her the "you did what you had to do" line, and tried to reassure her that no one was hurt in the end. But then she goes on to point out that they're crowing over the Wraith fighting amongst themselves, and says, "How are we any different?" Too true...
            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
              Here you go: Critical Mass

Comment

Alyssa and Lexa... I transcribed it for you

Spoiler:
                Weir: I crossed a line, John, with kavanaugh.
                John: You did what you had to do (weir looks up) the good news is he wasn't hurt.
                Weir: here we are gloating about the infight among the wraith... How are we any different?
                John: (thinks and looks away)
                Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot

Spoiler:
                  John: You did what you had to do (weir looks up) the good news is he wasn't hurt.
                  Weir: here we are gloating about the infight among the wraith... How are we any different?
                  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I WAS DIEING OF DESPARATION
                  ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Thanks so much wizengamot!!

Lovebar made by natz099
                    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Spoiler:

You're my favourite person of the day!
                      I love the way they're writing Elizabeth. She's like the conscience of the series. (well, she and Beckett perhaps, but that's something that goes along with his profession --- with Elizabeth it's more personal than that)
                      I can understand all this talk of her getting a little darker. She'll have some sort of internal struggle...

Comment

I love the way they're writing Elizabeth. She's like the conscience of the series. (well, she and Beckett perhaps, but that's something that goes along with his profession --- with Elizabeth it's more personal than that)
                        I can understand all this talk of her getting a little darker. She'll have some sort of internal struggle...
                        It is going to be interesting to see the "internal struggle" you mentioned. Elizabeth is going to have to choose between what is morally right and what might seem convenient at the time.
                        sigpic

Twilight in theaters: 12.12.08

Comment

Originally posted by ~beach chick~
                          It is going to be interesting to see the "internal struggle" you mentioned. Elizabeth is going to have to choose between what is morally right and what might seem convenient at the time.

This is what I think makes Elizabeth such an interesting character. It also makes her interaction with John amazing, because you have two people coming from such different backgrounds. There's no doubt he's had to compromise his morals before, because that's the line of work he's in. Do as I say, sort of mentality. Obviously the fact that he has a record of getting into trouble with those higher up because he's doing what he believes is right makes him sympathetic to what Elizabeth's going through.
                          For him though, the business of going against his training would see him doing something that's morally acceptable, where with Elizabeth, it would be the reverse situation. Her dilemmas will be much more difficult to deal with in the long run.
                          Hope this makes sense. I think I'm rambling....

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Let me just pause here and say that anyone who doesn't understand that a conversation like this is equally shippy to what we get in 'TLG' doesn't understand what a real pair bond male/female relationship is all about and doesn't understand Sheppard and Weir.

Thanks for the transcript Wiz.

Comment

This is what I think makes Elizabeth such an interesting character. It also makes her interaction with John amazing, because you have two people coming from such different backgrounds. There's no doubt he's had to compromise his morals before, because that's the line of work he's in. Do as I say, sort of mentality. Obviously the fact that he has a record of getting into trouble with those higher up because he's doing what he believes is right makes him sympathetic to what Elizabeth's going through.
                              For him though, the business of going against his training would see him doing something that's morally acceptable, where with Elizabeth, it would be the reverse situation. Her dilemmas will be much more difficult to deal with in the long run.
                              Good thoughts Alyssa and BC.
                              Spoiler:
                              Elizabeth, for all intents and purposes, is emotionally kidnapped and raped in TLG by Phoebus. She takes control of her body, her mind and by the very forcing of her actions, her soul. To think that Elizabeth will just walk away from this unscathed on any level is ridiculous. Her mores and ideals are deep rooted but have been untested on the level she now faces as the leader of the Pegasus galaxy. John 'catches' her fall in TLG. Imo, that is just a foreshadowing of what we'll see him eventually have to do with her on a much higher level in time. I don't think Elizabeth is used to not being sure of herself or her emotions as they relate to her convictions. There is only one man in the universe that she trusts herself with on a professional level to help her find herself in the chaos and we all know his name. However, the event in TLG and the ones such as in Critical Mass will seemingly take her to an even higher plane of self-exploration and she'll need John Sheppard to catch her mind, her body and her soul when she stumbles. I have no doubt he'll be there to do it either.

Comment

This makes sense. So, what your saying is that it's going to be harder for her to go against her training. It would be harder for her then John because he's had to do it before.
                                I never really though about this.
                                sigpic

Twilight in theaters: 12.12.08

Comment

Working...
                                X