Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I just googled green covers, but there are plenty of those around? Any in particular?
    http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/booksb...t/editions.htm

The first one listed.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      Nice.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

RodneyisGodney made this lovely vintage advent
        sigpic

Comment

So, MGM Put a Stop To The Sheppard and Teyla Romance in The Books

Comment

Originally posted by america126 View Post
            So, MGM Put a Stop To The Sheppard and Teyla Romance in The Books
            So we've heard... I genuinly wonder what happened they put a stop to it.

Comment

So we've heard... I genuinly wonder what happened they put a stop to it.
              So Do I! I Honestly Have NO Clue..Maybe They Realized That Sparky is The Most Popular Pairing. The Way I See it,Something Must Have Happened To Change Their Minds

So,This Means That John and Elizabeth are Finally! Going To Get Together,Just Like We've Always Hoped For xD
              Last edited by america126; 15 December 2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Maybe They Realized That Sparky is The Most Popular Pairing. The Way I See it,Something Must Have Happened To Change Their Minds
                I doubt that's the case. Sorry to burst your bubble.

A) You might think Sparky is the most popular, but McShep is equally as popular. And don't underestimate the popularity of Sheyla either. I think they are in fact the three largest pairings of the fandom.

B) I believe there's only one person who does the editing of the books (continuity, characters, ...) so either he/she got replaced or someone else at MGM felt like they have to change the feel of the books in order to reach more people.

Which brings me to C

I don't think they sell in large quantities. I don't think they are as popular as they could be. I don't know, really, because I don't know any sales figures but maybe they want a wider SGA audience and taking the romantic touch out might provide that.

So,This Means That John and Elizabeth are Finally! Going To Get Together,Just Like We've Always Hoped For xD
                I wouldn't keep your hopes up, especially not if the authors stay the same.

Comment

Okay xD

Too Late. My Hopes are Up

People on Goodreads Called Me Physic,Because Every Single Time I Predict Something,it Always Comes True In Some Way

Especially When I Root For Love Triangles in Books. Aka Always On The Winning Team

Comment

I doubt that's the case. Sorry to burst your bubble.

A) You might think Sparky is the most popular, but McShep is equally as popular. And don't underestimate the popularity of Sheyla either. I think they are in fact the three largest pairings of the fandom.

B) I believe there's only one person who does the editing of the books (continuity, characters, ...) so either he/she got replaced or someone else at MGM felt like they have to change the feel of the books in order to reach more people.

Which brings me to C

I don't think they sell in large quantities. I don't think they are as popular as they could be. I don't know, really, because I don't know any sales figures but maybe they want a wider SGA audience and taking the romantic touch out might provide that.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up, especially not if the authors stay the same.
                    I think it was the personnel change that caused the halt. Also, I think they wanted to not have any romance between main characters, just like JF said recently. Thus, Sparky would never happen either. Or McShep for that matter.

And, yes, the authors put their own personal feelings above potential book sales. I would have gladly read all of them if not for the implied Sheyla. Well, there's also that Wraith thing. Oh, let's just face it. Those books were a nightmare for a lot of reasons.

And, I haven't heard a thing about how good or bad the latest Elizabeth-centered one is.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Oh, let's just face it. Those books were a nightmare for a lot of reasons.
                      Indeed.

Comment

Challenge # 55 was Vintage.

JadedWraith

click for bigger

Raduzhok

*seriously drooling over this*

slizzie1986

copter

credit for this picture goes to selinmarsou on devianart
                        sigpic

Comment

Challenge # 56

Since Christmas is next week, this week's challenge will focus on that. Make art [or fan fi]c that uses a quote from your favorite Christmas movie, or a lyric from your favorite Christmas song. You can also make art that represents your favorite Christmas song and/or movie. Here is a site with a list of songs and a list of movies to help you out.

If you just do not do Christmas at all, and/or do not like Christmas movies or songs, you can always go back and do a challenge from the past that you did not do, or you want to redo. The list is here.

Entries are due to me Monday by noon your time Dec. 22nd.

I will also be handing out secret santas on that day, so get your gifts in to me before the 21st please!
                          sigpic

Comment

I like the princess banner.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              And, I haven't heard a thing about how good or bad the latest Elizabeth-centered one is.
                              That's probably a good thing. *puts hands back over ears and starts singing Kumbaya*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Saw at least one John/Elizabeth story in the sga_santa release. It's NC-17, and it's interesting material. I know, cause I beta'd it.

Comment

Working...
                                X