Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard smashes window
    Weir (leaps in front of gun): It's OKAY, put it down!!!

Who wrote this? I love you. I know people will/probably did hate on the protocol/I'm looking out for you dialogue prior to that,, but geez, that's what Hammond would have said. And O'Neill. And Carter. Definitely Woolsey, because he threatened to have Hammond locked away after a rescue mission.
    sigpic

Comment

The Caldwell/Weir "what do you think you're doing" scene.

I love it. Love it. Because both of them are right. They agree on the decisions - sort of - but when Weir says about what message it's sending, it's kinda hard to argue with. Frankly, it promotes Caldwell as a manager (he has good experience, but poo timing) and Weir as a commander (she is recognises exactly what he is doing, and has apparently been keeping up with what the less-than-senior staff have been saying if she knows about the off world team 'discussion' too)
      sigpic

Comment

The start of the egg/cave scene. Gotta loveLorne leaving the Docs in the middle. That makes sense. Take them, but don't be silly.

Shep lets them go anywhere. But when Elizabeth comes along, its "Noooo!!!!!!! For the love of God, wait 15 hours in your invisible undetectable spaceship, until any perceived threat has passed, then and only then dial Atlantis and get out of dodge"
        sigpic

Comment

Sheppard: My body is mutating into a bug, how are you?
          Weir: My body mutates into something else once a month. If you're going to be like that, I'll radio Ronon to come in here and kill that high horse you're apparently riding upon
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Well Spark me. I'm watching Conversion now. I'm just at the end of the Sheyla scene. With the two previous scenes (Ronon/John running, John/Carson blood convo) you can see the change in behaviour. But geez..........the kiss is aggressive. Her reaction is not okay (as in, she is not okay with it - her expression, the fact that she goes back to calling him colonel, her hand position....). Oh boy
            That's how I saw it too. For the life of me, I never could understand the "romantic" aspect of that scene and not just because I didn't like that ship.

"You are not taking into account what is happening to his somatic cells"

Hmmmmm. God bless them for having extras, this is one of the thing I loved about s1. God bless them for having a (albeit fake - stargates anyone??) scientific discussion. But I'm not sure what Sheppard's mammary glands have to do with this? Is that how the Wraith feed their young? Do they have some sort of weird adult feeding regime that involves all the foot soldiers suckling on the Queen?

Sure, somatic cells are elsewhere in the body. But generally they are associated with boobs (well, they are just on of the many things that are tested in milk production), so you should really be specific
            Maybe they did what I did and looked up "somatic cells". Wiki says they are any cells of the body except the sperm and egg cells. I stopped reading right there because I was bored, so they must have also. Even though I probably had a fairly good grade in Biology about a hundred years ago, my brain has all of that particular subject it needs at the present time. But it speaks to their belief that the average viewer is not as smart as they are or as well-educated, so they think they can throw in some intelligent sounding vocab and the episode is good to go with the Science geeks.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

LOL @ Gateraid
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! College football season isn't quite over yet, but seeing as how none of us have a dog in the fight this week, well then Spark it.

I didn't mean it to be funny, although when you quoted it it made me laugh
                Yeah, when I first read your post, that was what came to mind, so I went with it.

Infirmary scenes generally go two (it's more than that, but for simplicities sake, let's say two) way. Friendship/concern, or more. On Stargate, the scenes that spring to mind for ship are Sam/Jack in Heroes II (I hate TPTW so much for inserting ship into that episode), The Real World (although you could probably handwave that as him taking a punt on her needing to have human contact [not just the touching, but his awkward convo earlier]) , and Lifeline. Lifeline's "kill switch" convo was brilliantly acted. There's ship, but there isn't, but there is......
                It's like watching a tennis match. Watch out for whiplash!

Well Spark me. I'm watching Conversion now. I'm just at the end of the Sheyla scene. With the two previous scenes (Ronon/John running, John/Carson blood convo) you can see the change in behaviour. But geez..........the kiss is aggressive. Her reaction is not okay (as in, she is not okay with it - her expression, the fact that she goes back to calling him colonel, her hand position....). Oh boy
                I think I'm just gonna start replacing curse words with the word "Spark" whenever I post here.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Maybe they did what I did and looked up "somatic cells". Wiki says they are any cells of the body except the sperm and egg cells. I stopped reading right there because I was bored, so they must have also. Even though I probably had a fairly good grade in Biology about a hundred years ago, my brain has all of that particular subject it needs at the present time. But it speaks to their belief that the average viewer is not as smart as they are or as well-educated, so they think they can throw in some intelligent sounding vocab and the episode is good to go with the Science geeks.
                Typical science fiction technobabble. Pick out a few science words, throw them in a blender, hit puree, and then see what comes out.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sorry for the delay in today's advent.....this was made by me, copter....
                  sigpic

Comment

It's Sinterklaas today - he's probably bumped into a gazillion such trees during the night when he was distributing his gifts. Santa's probably having a good laugh.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ronon: The cave keeps the eggs away from the predators
                      McKay: I always thought they were the predators

Great plot thread, pity it went nowhere. I'd have gladly traded an episode based upon that idea for......Irresponsible, Harmony, Travellers, Reunion, Enemy at the Gate
                      sigpic

Comment

McKay: And you had to pick it up and smell it to figure that out?

Hmmm. Gotta side with McKay here. He didn't need to put it right next to his face to discover that, he could have just felt if it was warm
                        sigpic

Comment

Weir enters Sheppard's room, reaches to turn on the lights

Sheppard: Leave them off
                          Weir: What?

Sheppard: Your clothes. Take them off, and leave them off. Those are the rules when you come in here. You were the one who came up with that protocol, remember?
                          sigpic

Comment

I've just realised I started watching prior to the point where I fell asleep last night. And now I've caught up
                            sigpic

Comment

Weir to SO: Double the detail
                              SO: Code one six

Weir: No, no, no, it's one seven. One six is the one when Colonel Sheppard and I need a wide berth for our leader's meetings
                              SO: I'm sorry Ma'am, this won't happen again
                              Weir: See that it doesn't, or I'll assign you to guard Hermroid

ETA: Lol at him closing the door. He turns his back to Sheppard as soon as he swipes the control. Dude, you realise Sheppard can move super fast, right? At least wait until the door is closed before you turn your back on him
                              sigpic

Comment

Sheppard's escape. Everyone is awesome, from the escape to the chase. Sheppard personalising it with Weir (it's better for the both of us - huh? Shouldn't that be it's better for everyone?), her not backing down, Caldwell being all tough in the control room but Weir overruling his orders to his officers, Rodney's "thus stranding your search teams", Sheppard's climbing of the walls (that is a neat trick - if only the wraith could do that)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X