Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Sounds great, though! Hope you had a good time!
    Saw orcas for the very first time in my life - in captivity but real nonetheless. Was surrounded by a family of dolphins during my kayak-trip, and stood on top of a sleeping volcano. So yup, best holiday yet!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Yeah, it was really exciting to discover that. Just looking at the site, you'd never know it was there; we found it by looking at a satellite map and noticing a clear line with no trees, then going out to the site and walking that particular area.
      Satellites, what would we do without them now?
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        We are so spoiled.

Comment

I just threw away a whole armful of maps because I doubt we will ever need them again, and gone are the days when you have to give people directions to your house. Love me some GPS.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            We are so spoiled.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I just threw away a whole armful of maps because I doubt we will ever need them again, and gone are the days when you have to give people directions to your house. Love me some GPS.
            Except when the GPS system doesn't have accurate information and sends visitors, delivery trucks, and repairmen to the residents-only gate instead of the main gate.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

GPS is dangerous system still -- I prefer to have a map at hand at all times just to be sure.

Also, I saw Demi Lovato in concert today and I'm all giggles and squees now, and sneezing like crazy cause I have a cold. But all those happy endorphines are helping to fight it. *bounces around*

Comment

I actually worked on the challenge today. Since it does contain Sheppy, thought it would be okay to share....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  We are so spoiled.
                  Yes we are.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I think I'll stick with a map over GPS. Not sure if that makes me Old School or just cheap.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I look at google maps when I am by the computer. Otherwise, I use real maps.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Really? On all the GPS haters. And I thought I was the old timer around here. Google maps is a big help around here because it shows traffic. That allows us to calculate how long that 10 mile trip will actually take. I guess the GPS depends on where you are. Once in Florida, ours tried to drive us into a canal, so you have to watch out. LOL

But the printed maps I threw away were seriously out of date.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't necessarily hate my GPS, but it's an antiquated object that can no longer be updated. I'm planning to buy a new one at some point in time, but for now my prehistoric thing has to do.

I also have it set to Swedish instead of Dutch or English. My dad is generally not amused when he borrows it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Another Google Maps/paper maps fan here. Old skool all the way!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And in other news. I just found out what happens when you drop a glass loaf pan on a granite countertop from the top shelf. Glass 'splosion. Mr. SR's first question was, did it damage the countertop. No, I don't have any glass embedded anywhere. Thanks for asking.
                            sigpic

Comment

Has to admit she would have responded the same way Mr. SR did...

So, glass everywhere then?

Comment

SR, glad you're okay!

Sorry I haven't been around. As per usual, life and work and sleep have pretty much been the only constants in my life. But I have next week off and my best friend (who is just as much of a sci-fi nerd as I am) is coming down to visit me, so that'll be a blast!

I'll see if I can sneak back on.

Comment

Working...
                                X