Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    The idea that a 13 yo girl was more or less hitting on John didn't sit well with me - maybe because I have teenaged nieces.

I did laugh outloud toward the end when she decided Rodney was a better match (still creepy but it was amusing)
    I think they were playing into the "overbearing queen"/"teenage crush" tropes with that one. And the fact that John himself was obviously skeeved out by it helped immensely.

The picture. *shudders*
    *shudders some more*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just wanted to wonder in to wave and say hello and marvel at the idea that a thread I started almost 10 years ago is still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I think they were playing into the "overbearing queen"/"teenage crush" tropes with that one. And the fact that John himself was obviously skeeved out by it helped immensely.

*shudders some more*
        I guess I should just be glad that they didn't change John so much that he still has those morals at least.

I enjoyed Trio - there was just something about it. I'm on Midway now, just started it. Ronon and Teal'c together is kinda fun. I'm in the home stretch....

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
        I just wanted to wonder in to wave and say hello and marvel at the idea that a thread I started almost 10 years ago is still going strong.
        *waves*
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

And some of us are still here after all that long. Hello and welcome back.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Hiya! Things may have slowed down here a bit (as they have throughout the fandom, I think), but we're still keeping the lights on!

I guess I should just be glad that they didn't change John so much that he still has those morals at least.
            Indeed. I might very well have thrown in the towel back then if they'd changed him that drastically.

I enjoyed Trio - there was just something about it. I'm on Midway now, just started it. Ronon and Teal'c together is kinda fun. I'm in the home stretch....
            Hee! Midway is a LOT of fun!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Midway was fun.

The Kindred...what's with the whole "let's give characters back just so we can take them away again" thing? Playing with the fans' emotions is so not cool!!!!
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Red! Wow. It has been a long time.

The slowdown is to be expected. But the fact that you guys do keep the lights on is just amazing to me.

Comment

I should really thank you for starting this thread, Major Fischer. If I hadn't found it and these people here, I don't think I'd have ever joined this forum.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Howdy all! Some Johnny Cash came on my iPod yesterday, which got me thinking about John and Sparky. How's everyone doing?

Comment

Mandogater this is really my only fandom claim to fame but I take no credit for what a wonderful long life the ship has had. I got a lot out of this community for a very long time and it gave me a lot.

I've just moved on to other fandoms since. BSG, Avengers, Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time. And I think seeing exactly how crazy shipping can be in some of those other fandoms it's nice to have good memories about how sane this one was.

Comment

Red! Wow. It has been a long time.

The slowdown is to be expected. But the fact that you guys do keep the lights on is just amazing to me.
                        That we do and more. If you haven't heard about SGA Rising, check us out. *points to sig*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Howdy all! Some Johnny Cash came on my iPod yesterday, which got me thinking about John and Sparky. How's everyone doing?
                        Doing okay, how are you?
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

How's everyone doing?
                          DST screwed with my hours but otherwise I'm peachy. Still unemployed though.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I should really thank you for starting this thread, Major Fischer. If I hadn't found it and these people here, I don't think I'd have ever joined this forum.
                            Same here.

Still plugging away and feeling like I'm not really getting anything done, I'm afraid.

Today's College Football Roundup: The weekend before Halloween seems to be a regular house of horrors as Virginia Tech lost to Miami 30-6, USC lost to Utah 24-21, UTSA lost to UTEP, 34-0, and Georgia escaped with a bye. In Atlantis, things are slightly better as Navy beat San Jose State 41-31, and Air Force had a bye this week (but will face Army next Saturday. )

Comment

Mandogater this is really my only fandom claim to fame but I take no credit for what a wonderful long life the ship has had. I got a lot out of this community for a very long time and it gave me a lot.

I've just moved on to other fandoms since. BSG, Avengers, Doctor Who, Once Upon a Time. And I think seeing exactly how crazy shipping can be in some of those other fandoms it's nice to have good memories about how sane this one was.
                              I couldn't agree more.

I just found out I'll be an uncle again in June.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                I just found out I'll be an uncle again in June.
                                That's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X