No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANK GOD for that I was starting to get really worried about whether or not those books were canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      That it certainly did.

But my aunt's always joking about the fact that whomever operates the raintap, always turns it on when she sticks her nose out. And considering it was very warm outside, she had been tempting faith all afternoon already. So, it was bound to happen some time.
      Sounds a lot like how things tend to go for me when I want to do something outside lately. I'm still surprised it didn't rain cats and dogs when I went to the zoo two weeks ago.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*hobbles into thread*

Hey guys. Guess who went kayaking for 3.5 hours yesterday when she'd never been before? And who got a worse sunburn than she originally thought?

Yes, that would be me. LOL

Nola, love the artwork!

Off to run some errands and hopefully get a call back about a summer job. Yippee.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          *hobbles into thread*

Hey guys. Guess who went kayaking for 3.5 hours yesterday when she'd never been before? And who got a worse sunburn than she originally thought?

Nola, love the artwork!

Off to run some errands and hopefully get a call back about a summer job. Yippee.
          Oh dear. *raises hand* The sunburn queen here from a very young age. I always forget sunscreen and am always sorry later. I had a friend in college who called it getting "lobsterized."
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Ugh, selling on eBay is harder than they make it look. And more annoying. I swear, the newbies get stupider ever year.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            *hobbles into thread*

Nola, love the artwork!

Ouch! Yeah, I burn when I don't wear sunscreen. And do I get any tan when the burn fades? Nope. Needless to say, I go out with hats and gloves.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Ugh, selling on eBay is harder than they make it look. And more annoying. I swear, the newbies get stupider ever year.
              I've heard that eBay is frustrating. I plan to stay far away.

Ouch! Yeah, I burn when I don't wear sunscreen. And do I get any tan when the burn fades? Nope. Needless to say, I go out with hats and gloves.
              I recently found a tinted moisturizer that gives me an even tan on my legs without turning me orange or leaving those ugly dark areas. If I tried to tan by the sun, it would take all summer.
              sigpic

Comment

I rarely burn, and when I do it'll tan later...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I've heard that eBay is frustrating. I plan to stay far away.
                  eBay is great for buyers, but seems to be complicated for sellers unless you've got a big online storefront. I'm just trying to sell off a few things I don't want to take with me when we move.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I recently found a tinted moisturizer that gives me an even tan on my legs without turning me orange or leaving those ugly dark areas. If I tried to tan by the sun, it would take all summer.
                  I've never had luck with tinted anything. Always ends up getting on my clothes.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I rarely burn, and when I do it'll tan later...
                  Lucky!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Challenge #37 was about making art for a movie or TV show that you have never seen and/or didn't watch because you didn't like.

Everlovin

[ancient aliens]

DellRuby

RodneyisGodney

[please no hate from all the dr who fans.......I am not a fan of the show either and if I had more time I would have done this as well
                    ~copter]

LittleCreek

Blencathra

JadedWraith

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #38

This challenge is all about summertime, or wintertime, depending where in the world you live.

There are 4 'themes' to this challenge. 1. Weather 2. Places 3. Food 4. Music/Other

Each piece of art you do must include one of the four themes, and you can do a total of 4 pieces. Those four can be all one theme, one of each theme, or any mix of the four you want. They can be icons or sigs. The only rules are to use the themes and show what the season means to you with that theme.

Examples: Weather could be blazing sun in a blue sky, or a beautiful snow storm. Places could be the beach or snowy mountains. Food can also be drinks. Music could be lyrics that mean summer/winter time to you and other could be fireworks or anything that just means the season to you visually.

Have fun!

entries due to me Monday July 14th by noon your time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi, guys. Glad to be here again (although it was some time since I've been here, you are still the closest to my heart from the whole internet).
                        All the talk about those books convinced me that it's time to crystallize my own sparky fantasy, so my blood pressure won't be sky rising when reading such preposterous things (and I'm talking only about what I found out through your feed-back, not by reading them)
                        Spoiler:

So, while I (re)watching another Elizabeth struggling to figure out her love interest, here is what is going in my brain:
                        Elizabeth (ours Elizabeth) is having a casual job in a city of our days (for example lawyer). She just noticed John (as the hot guy in the public, starring at her from time to time and making her stutter), but they were not officially introduced to each other
                        On the way from work to home she takes a detour through the park, when there is an amusement park open that day. She is invited to enter to a tent by a fortune teller, who recognized in her an very old soul. The woman (named Claire :-P) tells her that she is an "Eve", part of one of the original Adam-Eve couples, that were sent by gods to the earth as "souls" at the beginning of human evolutions, in order to help the humans to reach some spiritual goal (ascension?). Then she shows Elizabeth, by hypnosis, some of her past lives, all of them being tragic love stories (but Elizabeth can't remember her lover face, only the feelings). Claire tells Elizabeth that it's their destiny, as parts of the same split soul, to always find each other, but not being able to end up together (as a consequence of the universal fight between the forces driving to harmony and the forces driving to chaos). Elizabeth leaves Claire a little bit upset (like after a bad dream, but not believing a iota)
                        Further on down the road, her attention is caught by the hot guy from early on, who is trying to convince his two kids to ride the Ferris wheel. She approach them and they start talking, and since the kids refuse to go on that wheel, she offers to stay with them while he takes a ride. They smile at each other, and then...
                        We see that she is into a replicator's lab, because they found out that she is a carrier of one of the original Eve's soul (made by ancients), and they are interested by the nature of that "soul" and try to "catch" it. Meanwhile, as expected, John is captured trying to save her (he stole a jumper, going over Woolsey's head, helped only by Rodney, who, despite being dead worried, have build him some kind of invisibility cloak - but invisible only for replicator's "eyes"- that "theoretically should work"). But the cloak don't work too well because the replicators knew what to look for, as they expected for "Adam" to show up. And they can now to isolate the "force" between the two. So Liz and John are now aware of each other being in the same room, and sparks start to fly, while they gaze at each other, having an entire conversation only with the eyes. As they assess the situation, they prepare themselves to die, and they take strength from each other to embrace their faith.
                        The replicators manage to isolate those sparks into a special force field, so they don't need our two heroes anymore. But, being "good" replicators (like the Repli-Keller group), they drop John and Liz (and their jumper) near to a space gate.
                        John wake up first; he senses Liz next to him before he sees her. She is still sleeping and he feels his heart warming in her presence. Then his mind starts to work feverish: It's real? It's a hallucination? If it's real, what now? Where could they live? He will be probably retrograded and she will be probably seen as a threat, so Atlantis or Earth would be frail chances. With Teyla and her people? That would be not a life suited for her. .. And while the options unreel in his mind, a thought makes its way to his head: "I shall talk to Elizabeth"
                        So he stops assessing and waits for her to wake up. His heart is full of joy, and an old blues pop-up in his mind.
                        So, when she finally wakes up, she first hear him humming, then he turns to her singing out loudly:
                        "But let me tell you, girl
                        You ain't seen nothing yet
                        There's nothing in this world
                        That I can't get
                        As long as I have you..you..
                        "
                        She smiles an rises an eyebrow to him, and he gives her an "you're the apple of my eye" look.

In the end they don't need an "ancient soul" to feel what they feel about each other; their relation was build slowly, from respect and friendship. And now, without the "curse", they have a chance to a happy end.

//end fantasy YAY

Now, bring on those Legacy Books !
                        Or, better, not

P.S. Why in the night you can talk about things you can't talk during the day? I'm sure I'll be so embarrassed tomorrow.. but the Sparky spirit was doing this, not me

Good night! See you, guys, on another sunny day!
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Nice new artwork to start off the week; the 24 banners are my fave.

Hi zbir, good to see you! *waves*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Another busy busy day is ahead for me, how are all of you?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Another busy busy day is ahead for me, how are all of you?
                              Not busy. It's a rainy day, and I have little to do. I may just read all day. BTW, if any of you are readers, try the app "Overdrive." You can check out books from your local library. I checked and there are nearly 6000 books available now from my library. Plus you can reserve books that aren't available right away. Heaven for a reader who doesn't like to pay those large ebook prices. You can read them in your browser or download to your Kindle app. End of commercial.
                              sigpic

Comment

This day is driving me absolutely balmy. I'm so frustrated with the world I feel like my head is going to explode. So I'm going to the gym to take it out on some weights.

Today is definitely a "Screw the Angst" day.

Comment

Working...
                                X