No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief I'm still a Major. Oh the injustice! This is an outrage! I must be as incompetent as Major Davis!
    sigpic

Comment

@Gateraid - how long has it been? It feels like an eternity last I saw you here!

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      My dad has noticed some continuity errors on the show as well. He's a WW 2 reenactor.
      I have a friend who's a WWI reenactor - medic if I'm not mistaken. And two WWII reenactors, both of them German soldiers.
      And a friend of mine shot a short film - Strike at Dawn (FB-page). A lot of other friends acted in his little film. At the moment he's in the process of editing - it's a slow moving project.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My dad has noticed some continuity errors on the show as well. He's a WW 2 reenactor.
        Whenever my dad watched a show or movie set in WWII he always hooted and laughed at how many mistakes they made. He used to say "If those boys had been with us, we could have won the war and been back home in a week." LOL

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Oh honey, why would you want to do that? I pictured you as someone of impeccable taste, don't let me down. Unless you can keep up with the Jetsons instead of the Joneses, then classic chique is the way to go. Mostly because it's easier for the man - somebody has to look out for Mr SR

Just read about the reboot. Now I know what mixed emotions really feel like. Sigh.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Probably not, but I'll tell you anyway. I'm redoing the powder room.

Well, it must take longer than 25 years because that's how old this paper is. The top layer strips off but the backing stays glued to the wall. I'm going to have to get some of that gel stuff and turn it to goop, then scrape it off. My summer project. I'm attempting to bring my house into the 21st century one room at a time.
          OMG. Powder rooms are terrifying.

Oh honey, why would you want to do that? I pictured you as someone of impeccable taste, don't let me down. Unless you can keep up with the Jetsons instead of the Joneses, then classic chique is the way to go. Mostly because it's easier for the man - somebody has to look out for Mr SR
          LOL! gateraid, how we've missed you!

Good grief I'm still a Major. Oh the injustice! This is an outrage! I must be as incompetent as Major Davis!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I have a friend who's a WWI reenactor - medic if I'm not mistaken. And two WWII reenactors, both of them German soldiers.
          And a friend of mine shot a short film - Strike at Dawn (FB-page). A lot of other friends acted in his little film. At the moment he's in the process of editing - it's a slow moving project.
          Sounds like a lot of fun! Hard work, but fun!

Whenever my dad watched a show or movie set in WWII he always hooted and laughed at how many mistakes they made. He used to say "If those boys had been with us, we could have won the war and been back home in a week." LOL
          Sounds like my dad; he was born a couple of years after WWII, but he's very knowledgable about the subject, and he was shaking his head through it so many times.

Just read about the reboot. Now I know what mixed emotions really feel like. Sigh.
          Ugh, I know, right? On the one hand, it's a shame they're not trying to continue the TV universe. On the other hand, at least they're not going to muck up the TV universe any more than it already has been.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Ugh, I know, right? On the one hand, it's a shame they're not trying to continue the TV universe. On the other hand, at least they're not going to muck up the TV universe any more than it already has been.
            That's exactly what Mr. SR said when we were talking about it on our way to Home Depot this morning. No tellin' what they would have done with Atlantis and all our favorite characters. I hope they completely start over with all new actors also.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

@Gateraid - how long has it been? It feels like an eternity last I saw you here!
              Well, if we were to look at this "by the book", then.....oh wait that quote doesn't work in reverse. January was the last time I posted, although I have ghosted the thread since then.

I didn't even know about it until you mentioned it. Hrmph. Whilst I loved Stargate and Atlantis (well, in both cases, the first halves of their runs), the Stargate movie was, IMO, atrocious. However, all the elements were there for a tv series, which is its one redeeming feature. I fear a Stargate trilogy will be more akin to Starship Troopers than the Stargate we know

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              <snip>
              That's exactly what Mr. SR said when we were talking about it on our way to Home Depot this morning. No tellin' what they would have done with Atlantis and all our favorite characters. I hope they completely start over with all new actors also.
              Too much time has passed for them to do anything with the tv universe. I guess we shall have to wait and see if these movies spark enough interest to kickstart another tv series, but I doubt they will
              sigpic

Comment

I had to just go look around the forum to see what you guys are talking about.

My reaction. Meh.

I have actually never watched the original movie and won't see the new one either. *shrugs*

Actually, my main reaction is to question why Hollywood can't think of any original ideas anymore?

Comment

gateraid! *glomps* We've missed you!!!

Well, high school graduations are done! And I can no longer feel my feet. Standing on a metal stage for a long time with the least supportive shoes wasn't one of my smarter ideas.

However, this also means that my summer starts on Wednesday!

I'm gonna go collapse now. Night.

*zzz*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I imagine they will be, been a while since the film.

I didn't even know about it until you mentioned it. Hrmph. Whilst I loved Stargate and Atlantis (well, in both cases, the first halves of their runs), the Stargate movie was, IMO, atrocious. However, all the elements were there for a tv series, which is its one redeeming feature. I fear a Stargate trilogy will be more akin to Starship Troopers than the Stargate we know
                    LMAO.

Too much time has passed for them to do anything with the tv universe. I guess we shall have to wait and see if these movies spark enough interest to kickstart another tv series, but I doubt they will
                    I doubt it as well. Probably for the best, all things considered.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    I had to just go look around the forum to see what you guys are talking about.

My reaction. Meh.

I have actually never watched the original movie and won't see the new one either. *shrugs*

Actually, my main reaction is to question why Hollywood can't think of any original ideas anymore?
                    If we could answer that, we'd all be rich.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    gateraid! *glomps* We've missed you!!!

Well, high school graduations are done! And I can no longer feel my feet. Standing on a metal stage for a long time with the least supportive shoes wasn't one of my smarter ideas.

However, this also means that my summer starts on Wednesday!

I'm gonna go collapse now. Night.

*zzz*
                    Ouch. Time for a foot spa with some yummy lavender epsom salts!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey! Don't diss being a major! Finally becoming a Major was the thing that gave finally gave me a sense of posting accomplishment!
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

That sounds like fun.

Sounds like my dad and I whenever we watch any war films, especially anything set in WWII.

I really hate reboots in general. Conan has so far been the only one I've ever been able to stomach.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I only have entries from two people right now, so I am extending the challenge for another week. Please note new due date.

Challenge #34

Let's do a little Spring Cleaning, shall we? If you have missed a challenge, go back and do it! The list for all past challenge is right here.

If you have done all the past challenges, or none of them are calling out to you, then this week's challenge is The Four Elements. Use earth, air, water and or fire in your fan fic or your art.

Entries are due to me by Monday, June 9th, by noon your time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                            I only have entries from two people right now, so I am extending the challenge for another week. Please note new due date.
                            Great - give a girl even more time to enter even more stuff...
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Great - give a girl even more time to enter even more stuff...
                                yep
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X