No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any videos. Should I just put Weird/ Sheppard in youtube and see what happens?
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      Usually I find the good ones with the keywords sparky john elizabeth sga. Give it a shot! There are some very talented vid-makers out there! Just can't single anyone out at the moment...

Comment

If you're gonna put Weird Sheppard in the search bar, the results may vary though...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          If you're gonna put Weird Sheppard in the search bar, the results may vary though...
          Yeah, tried that. Nothing Stargate-related comes up. Except for a Shep/Larrin video about 15 vids down ...

Comment

So I introduced my mother to my fandoms. *sighs* She has known that I've loved Stargate for a long time, but never really knew the extent in terms of "shipping" (which she now knows what the term means). So I held her captive and showed her videos, read her fics, and explained about SGA Rising.

She thinks it is awesome.

Having a really bad case of allergies today, so nothing productive done today on tics or videos, but if this Claritin kicks in before bedtime, I'll have something up.

Comment

My mom's been introduced to my fandoms this weekend as well. She's been asking all sorts of questions.
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Morning Sparkies. Just a quick report. Mr SR is much better and will maybe go home tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
                Glad to here it, SR. *Crosses fingers and toes*

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                My mom's been introduced to my fandoms this weekend as well. She's been asking all sorts of questions.
                Funny, except for shows on the History Channel I've liked, my mom is a fan of everything else I watch. Just need to get her hooked on reading fanfic.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I shouldn't try typing when I'm sleeping.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I shouldn't try typing when I'm sleeping.
                    Then you've got me, writing a fic when it's two hours past my bedtime. Unfortunately, not Sparky. Something that's been on the back burner for close to a year.

Oh well. Looks like I'll have plenty to do during down time at work.

Night, all!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Just need to get her hooked on reading fanfic.
                      Never... I wouldn't even dare show her the stuff I read/write... no way. Good thing she rolls her eyes at just about everything I do fandom-related.

Comment

So... turns out it's not allergies. Full blown head cold, complete with sinus headache. I figured as much when two Claritin did nothing.

But I'm a trooper. So I'll carry on in silence. *blows nose loudly in corner of classroom*

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        Yeah, the questions that she's been asking me
                        Spoiler:
                        are more along the lines of "Can you do this professionally since you love it so much?" and my answer was "I already have a well-paying job that I love" lol. Writing fics and making vids is a hobby. I think if I started doing it professionally or for other people, I would get resentful after a while. I love doing this for fandoms that I love, or ships that are my OTPs, but if I was having to do it for someone else's content on a business level, I'd get disgruntled.

Nah. I'll stick with the annoying high school students and the free benefits.

Never... I wouldn't even dare show her the stuff I read/write... no way. Good thing she rolls her eyes at just about everything I do fandom-related.
                        LOL I read my mom a snippet of something I'd written that was like a teaser to the opening of an episode of SGA. She liked it. Although me trying to read the characters' voices was hilariously bad. In any case, she likes Jack/Sam more than Sparky, but that's just because she's never seen SGA. But I'll fix that soon.

Comment

My parental units consider it a massive waste of time...

Comment

My parental units consider it a massive waste of time...
                            My mom is currently in the phase of life I like to call "do whatever makes you happy and screw anyone who says otherwise". So naturally she'd encourage me to pursue something that before she also thought was a "massive waste of time".

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Nah. I'll stick with the annoying high school students and the free benefits.
                              Good plan.

LOL I read my mom a snippet of something I'd written that was like a teaser to the opening of an episode of SGA. She liked it. Although me trying to read the characters' voices was hilariously bad. In any case, she likes Jack/Sam more than Sparky, but that's just because she's never seen SGA. But I'll fix that soon.

My mom is currently in the phase of life I like to call "do whatever makes you happy and screw anyone who says otherwise". So naturally she'd encourage me to pursue something that before she also thought was a "massive waste of time".
                              Heh, sounds like my mom. She used to pooh-pooh that stuff, now she's got her own library of favorite blu-rays with actors she fangirls over.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Good plan.

Heh, sounds like my mom. She used to pooh-pooh that stuff, now she's got her own library of favorite blu-rays with actors she fangirls over.
                                Yeah, she said JoeF was a cutie. *headdesk* Oh lord, what have I done?!

Comment

Working...
                                X