Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I've watched a few episodes of that new spy show with Josh Holloway, Intelligence. It's OK I guess, but I really find it kind of funny how often shows include a a man and a woman as partners as the central premise of the show. I guess it's the simple formula that audiences want to see that works universally across almost any genre of tv, but strangely this happens both in shows where the two are supposed to be long term love interests (like Bones or Castle) and even in shows when they are explicitly not romantically paired up like Warehouse 13 or the 4400.
    We like Intelligence. I think the "ship" is adorable. The premise is similar to Sleepy Hollow with the missing wife arc. This set up is as old as TV, going back to Moonlighting, Scarecrow and Mrs. King and other earlier ones I can't remember. Was any ship ever as agonizing as Marshall Dillon and Miss Kitty? I think Castle and Bones have finally broken the curse. I was a bit put out at Bones for a while but am enjoying it again. Oddly, I can take or leave the "shippy" moments and find the secondary stories much more interesting.

SR Jr. and Miss M like Almost Human. We may have to check it out.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hmm, I may have to check out those two shows. The only things I'm watching at the moment are Helix, where the "ship" is utterly cringeworthy and I'm watching it for the LOLs of the bad science gone wrong into a horror movie outbreak, and Agents of SHIELD, where I'm watching for the Marvel filmverse worldbuilding and ignoring the canon friends-with-benefits ship (which is easy as it's been pretty unintrusive). So far, so good.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hmm, I may have to check out those two shows. The only things I'm watching at the moment are Helix, where the "ship" is utterly cringeworthy and I'm watching it for the LOLs of the bad science gone wrong into a horror movie outbreak, and Agents of SHIELD, where I'm watching for the Marvel filmverse worldbuilding and ignoring the canon friends-with-benefits ship (which is easy as it's been pretty unintrusive). So far, so good.
        We watch both of those too. Love SHIELD but Helix is starting to annoy. The only person I liked got killed, so I doubt we'll stick it out much longer.

And I also come bearing a gift. I heard this song and it screamed SPARKY VID, so here you go. I hope YouTube leaves it up until everyone sees it.

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Afternoon, how is everyone today? I've spent the last several days doing schoolwork so I'm just going to bury myself in Sparky fluff until I've recovered
          sigpic
          Yachikin's Tumblr Yachikin's DeviantArt

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            We watch both of those too. Love SHIELD but Helix is starting to annoy. The only person I liked got killed, so I doubt we'll stick it out much longer.

And I also come bearing a gift. I heard this song and it screamed SPARKY VID, so here you go. I hope YouTube leaves it up until everyone sees it.

Spoiler:
            Eeeeeee!!!! It's so cute!

Originally posted by yachikins View Post
            Afternoon, how is everyone today? I've spent the last several days doing schoolwork so I'm just going to bury myself in Sparky fluff until I've recovered
            Sounds like a plan!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by yachikins View Post
              I've spent the last several days doing schoolwork so I'm just going to bury myself in Sparky fluff until I've recovered
              Don't forget to come up for air, 'kay!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Eeeeeee!!!! It's so cute!

Sounds like a plan!
                Thanks. I worked on it for an embarrassingly long time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Thanks. Getting everything packed by the weekend will be fun. Oh, and guess who's coming down with something???
                  You're welcome.

Talk about bad timing. *sends chicken soup and healing vibes*

We like Intelligence. I think the "ship" is adorable. The premise is similar to Sleepy Hollow with the missing wife arc. This set up is as old as TV, going back to Moonlighting, Scarecrow and Mrs. King and other earlier ones I can't remember. Was any ship ever as agonizing as Marshall Dillon and Miss Kitty? I think Castle and Bones have finally broken the curse. I was a bit put out at Bones for a while but am enjoying it again. Oddly, I can take or leave the "shippy" moments and find the secondary stories much more interesting.

SR Jr. and Miss M like Almost Human. We may have to check it out.
                  I really like Almost Human. The only thing that annoys me about it is that the episodes are being shown out of order. It is really screwing with the character development, IMHO.

Spoiler:
                  Great vid, SR!!! Little Big Town and Sparky. A match made in heaven.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Meant to say it - very nice vid!
                    sigpic

Comment

"or can I put on some Barry White to set the mood?"
                      sigpic

Comment

The First, the Last, My Everything.... and I'll see the unisex dance scenes in Ally McBeal.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by yachikins
                          http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y486/stolensoleil/Sparky/15_zpsf58a0f4f.png
                          John: Say Elizabeth, you free tonight

Elizabeth: I might be, why?

Guy in the background: Can I get you guys anything? Some snacks? A condom? Let me know!
                          Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          "or can I put on some Barry White to set the mood?"
                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          The First, the Last, My Everything.... and I'll see the unisex dance scenes in Ally McBeal.
                          OMG. I thing gateraid may have some competition.

Comment

Yeah, that was me
                            sigpic
                            Yachikin's Tumblr Yachikin's DeviantArt

Comment

*surfaces for air*

The epic move continues. How's everybody doing?

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              You're welcome.

Talk about bad timing. *sends chicken soup and healing vibes*
                              Thanks for sending that! Wish I'd gotten it on time. *blows nose* Woke up this morning all congested. This is gonna be fun. Not.

I really like Almost Human. The only thing that annoys me about it is that the episodes are being shown out of order. It is really screwing with the character development, IMHO.
                              TBH, I haven't seen it in a couple weeks. Moving and the Olympics have wreaked havoc with my TV viewing schedule.

And you're getting a ton of praise for your vid, SR! When I have a moment to breathe, I'll check it out too!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                *surfaces for air*

The epic move continues. How's everybody doing?
                                Giving my foot some more work to get it ready to take over when I get my other foot worked on. Eeeeee!

Hope the move is going well!

Comment

Working...
                                X