Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SK: It's good to be back!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Hey little French daughter. We've missed you and your mom. Tell her SR says hi.

And I missed my Americam mom!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Haha, your mom is awesome! Good to see ya, Probie!
    Yes she's awesome but it's because she has an awesome daughter.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    *Hugs* How have you been Probie?

And welcome back to the land of Sparky.

Yes it's good to be back and i missed my Sparky family

Falcon: I'm ok (busy life) and you?

It's quiet here, no?
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Falcon: I'm ok (busy life) and you?
      Good to hear. i'm fine too, busy with school and jobhunting.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

It's quiet here, no?
        It's a bit quieter, but I think most of the threads are these days.

Buenas dias! Hoy es lunes!

No idea why I just started speaking Spanish, but there ya go.

OT para una minuto:
        Spoiler:
        So my deaf student's schedule finally stopped getting changed due to various reasons such as class too advanced, not match prerequisite, etc... First period wound up being online class in the library, which means I get to chill for the first 45 minutes of the school day and use the time to prepare for more intensive classes later on. Which is so stinkin' awesome, you have no idea.

Normally, interpreters do not get a planning period because you have to be in every class with them, interpreting everything, which means that although I'm a good interpreter, I feel like half the stuff I'm signing could've been done better. It's kind of hard to explain to someone who's not familiar with sign, but I'll try: suppose we're in world history class and the teacher's talking about "ratifying the Constitution". We know what that means in English: to approve or confirm the Constitution of the USA. However, in ASL, if you're unfamiliar with a sign, you have to finger spell it. I couldn't remember the sign for "Constitution" so rather than make up something temporarily, I was fingerspelling it. Which hurts. A lot. Over and over.

I looked at an online ASL dictionary and found the correct signs, so now when I'm signing the sentence "to ratify the Constitution", it is using the correct signs and conveying the accurate meaning.

So now that I actually have some time to familiarize myself with the material, I don't give my student the confused look whenever I'm signing something and hope that they are getting the point regardless. LOL

Okay, so a little longer than a minute. But now you have some insight on what my job is like.

And since I brought my laptop to work, I can keep myself occupied during down times by writing fic. LOL
        Whew, that is pretty complex! Hope they stick to that schedule from now on, it sounds like that'll be a huge help for you and your student.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

School got cancelled due to weather.
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I'm glad you explained that. I was going to ask you about how you do unfamiliar material. I guess you have to be a really good speller, and the student has to have at least an above average vocabulary. I'm betting in advanced classes there is a good chance of things getting lost in the translation. Do you do math? That boggles my simple mind. I used to volunteer for an organization that did recordings for the blind. One of my duties was to operate the recording equipment while a guy "read" Math textbooks. He totally blew my mind every week. I was a reader for all kinds of non-technical books, and even that was not easy. You have a really special skill my dear.
            Thank you. I interpret everything: math, science, social studies, you name it. It can get very exhausting at times, but I'm glad that my student is very bright. Makes my job a lot easier.

SK: It's good to be back!

And I missed my Americam mom!

Yes she's awesome but it's because she has an awesome daughter.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

It's a bit quieter, but I think most of the threads are these days.

Whew, that is pretty complex! Hope they stick to that schedule from now on, it sounds like that'll be a huge help for you and your student.
            Yeah, it is quiet. I was just watching a YouTube video of a SG-1/SGA panel at Dragon*Con one year. Made me miss the camaraderie of the series a lot.

Here's hoping! *fingers crossed*

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            School got cancelled due to weather.
            Nice! Down here, that only happens if there's a major hurricane. But hurricane season is mostly summer and early fall, so that doesn't happen often.

Comment

Nice! Down here, that only happens if there's a major hurricane. But hurricane season is mostly summer and early fall, so that doesn't happen often.
              Yeah, you don't have to freeze your butt off in sub-zero temperatures!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Buenas dias! Hoy es lunes!

No idea why I just started speaking Spanish, but there ya go.

OT para una minuto:
                Spoiler:
                So my deaf student's schedule finally stopped getting changed due to various reasons such as class too advanced, not match prerequisite, etc... First period wound up being online class in the library, which means I get to chill for the first 45 minutes of the school day and use the time to prepare for more intensive classes later on. Which is so stinkin' awesome, you have no idea.

Normally, interpreters do not get a planning period because you have to be in every class with them, interpreting everything, which means that although I'm a good interpreter, I feel like half the stuff I'm signing could've been done better. It's kind of hard to explain to someone who's not familiar with sign, but I'll try: suppose we're in world history class and the teacher's talking about "ratifying the Constitution". We know what that means in English: to approve or confirm the Constitution of the USA. However, in ASL, if you're unfamiliar with a sign, you have to finger spell it. I couldn't remember the sign for "Constitution" so rather than make up something temporarily, I was fingerspelling it. Which hurts. A lot. Over and over.

I looked at an online ASL dictionary and found the correct signs, so now when I'm signing the sentence "to ratify the Constitution", it is using the correct signs and conveying the accurate meaning.

So now that I actually have some time to familiarize myself with the material, I don't give my student the confused look whenever I'm signing something and hope that they are getting the point regardless. LOL

Okay, so a little longer than a minute. But now you have some insight on what my job is like.

And since I brought my laptop to work, I can keep myself occupied during down times by writing fic. LOL
                I agree with SR. You have a special skill. My fingers are cramping up just thinking about everything you have to sign in a day.

Yes it's good to be back and i missed my Sparky family
                We missed you too. I've lost track of the number of times I nearly posted where's Probie and her mom when you need them. Mainly when Lorne's interactions with Sparky came up, of course.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

It's Varda's birthday. I think that deserves some cake, but I don't have the link to the cake picture.

ps - sorry I haven't been around. I've been feeling like crap and work is insanely busy. It's making me cranky. At work today I had to keep reminding myself to keep my nasty thoughts inside my head.

Comment

I did some reading on the whump thread and fu_dragon has made some new animated gifs for Progeny and The Real World. And since those are 2 pretty shippy episodes, some of the gifs are naturally Sparky by nature.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        It's Varda's birthday. I think that deserves some cake, but I don't have the link to the cake picture.
                        Birthday? Cake? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VARDA!!!

ps - sorry I haven't been around. I've been feeling like crap and work is insanely busy. It's making me cranky. At work today I had to keep reminding myself to keep my nasty thoughts inside my head.
                        ***HUGS YOU*** I hope things get better soon!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          ***HUGS YOU*** I hope things get better soon!
                          Thanks. I wasn't always successful with keeping those thoughts in my head. And now I really need to sleep. Nighty night.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

We missed you too. I've lost track of the number of times I nearly posted where's Probie and her mom when you need them. Mainly when Lorne's interactions with Sparky came up, of course.
                            Aaahh Lorne. The love of my mom....after my dad, of course.lol

Happy birthday, Varda! Maybe we can share the cake because it's also my birthday today.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks. I wasn't always successful with keeping those thoughts in my head. And now I really need to sleep. Nighty night.
                              Thanks for those. A good treat for a cold morning.

Aaahh Lorne. The love of my mom....after my dad, of course.lol

Happy birthday, Varda! Maybe we can share the cake because it's also my birthday today.
                              Happy Birthday, Varda! And Happy Birthday, Probie! It looks like there will be plenty of cake to go around. I'm still trying to lose the weight I piled on over the holidays, so I'll just have a small piece.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy birthday!
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X