Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Thanks, that sounds great. I can fit my iPad in my purse. LOL

I have an iPad 1, so it needs updating. Mr. SR is all bouncy about the retina displays on the new iPad and oooh, look how thin it is. I could care less, but I do want a camera. Maybe for my birthday in Feb.
    Well, pretty much every iPad, excluding 2, has a 5MP camera on the back and records HD. Really, all the iPads are awesome. But I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

It's funny, this conversation is calling to mind a previous convo where we said that Atlantis got their hands on all the tech way earlier than the Earthlings did. I remember Elizabeth playing with her new iPad and John asking what she did with his.

Comment

How can y'all buy that expensive apple stuff?

They cost a small fortune this side of the pond, and are for elite only.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I got a Microsoft Surface last month. And before anyone says anything, yes, I've tried macs - I DON'T like apple products. I'm a windows user. I find macs aggravating. But that's just me. I adore my Surface. Has a nice-sized keyboard that acts as a cover, a full size USB port, gorgeous display, and is lightweight. Comes with Office pre-loaded.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm waiting for the next generation Surface cause I want to use it for school... my laptop really is too heavy to drag along.

My cousins have Macs. They let me play with it sometimes. And one of my aunt has an iPad for work (she's a people's representative in the federal government), on which we play Angry Birds (obviously) and Monopoly.

Comment

well, there are two Surfaces - the RT and the Pro. I have the RT. The only programs you can add to it are ones from the app store. The pro - about twice the price, but more power, is just like a regular laptop.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              How can y'all buy that expensive apple stuff?

They cost a small fortune this side of the pond, and are for elite only.
              Credit card with 0% financing for 18 months. That and the fact I just got a small raise which allows me to pay it off without going into more debt.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              I got a Microsoft Surface last month. And before anyone says anything, yes, I've tried macs - I DON'T like apple products. I'm a windows user. I find macs aggravating. But that's just me. I adore my Surface. Has a nice-sized keyboard that acts as a cover, a full size USB port, gorgeous display, and is lightweight. Comes with Office pre-loaded.
              I started out with Windows 3.1, so it will always have a special place in my heart. There was a student who had a Surface tablet last year in one of the classes that I interpret. It was great for her in class. Very functional.

But I'm an iSheep. Baa.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                Ooh, that almost tempts me to resurrect "Atlantis Orientation"...
                If that's the fic I'm thinking of. Please resurrect it. Pretty please with Sparky on top.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  well, there are two Surfaces - the RT and the Pro. I have the RT. The only programs you can add to it are ones from the app store. The pro - about twice the price, but more power, is just like a regular laptop.
                  I need the Pro cause it's supposed to work as laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I need the Pro cause it's supposed to work as laptop.
                    Falcon Horus!!!! *glomps* I've missed you. You're just....well you're awesome is what you are

^ Is this the origin of the desk sitting? Could be
                    sigpic

Comment

Sheppard: What exactly are you implying Teyla?

Teyla: Oh nothing John. Only that it is strange that Elizabeth's desk shattered. Stranger that you have glass wounds on your back. Stranger still that Elizabeth has them on her knees

Sheppard: It was an accident. I was resting on her desk. It couldn't take the weight and collapsed. Elizabeth knelt down to check that I was okay and got glass in her knees

Teyla: Hmmm. Sounds plausible. I'll put that in my IOA report. How do I explain why you were naked?

Sheppard: I don't know Teyla - do I have to think of everything?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        Falcon Horus!!!! *glomps* I've missed you. You're just....well you're awesome is what you are
                        Gateraid!!!! *glomps* I've missed you too. You too are just....well you're awesome is what you are!

+++//+++

Yes John, why are you naked?

Teyla needs to know for when the grapevine comes for an explanation.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

I started out with Windows 3.1, so it will always have a special place in my heart. There was a student who had a Surface tablet last year in one of the classes that I interpret. It was great for her in class. Very functional.
                          Yep, I started with Win 3.1, too. For the most part, Windows did what it was supposed to do. But lately it's really gotten too bloated. When you're getting BSoDs in spite of keeping your software up to date and running your antivirus and not clogging up your hard drive and your hardware is fine...there's a problem.

But I'm an iSheep. Baa.
                          Nah, we just want something that works and is intuitive to use.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l495/gateraid/glass3_zps0b147e8e.jpg

Sheppard: What exactly are you implying Teyla?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8e39c051.jpg

Teyla: Oh nothing John. Only that it is strange that Elizabeth's desk shattered. Stranger that you have glass wounds on your back. Stranger still that Elizabeth has them on her knees

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...psc4860a03.jpg

Sheppard: It was an accident. I was resting on her desk. It couldn't take the weight and collapsed. Elizabeth knelt down to check that I was okay and got glass in her knees

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...psc1f6bed1.jpg

Teyla: Hmmm. Sounds plausible. I'll put that in my IOA report. How do I explain why you were naked?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...psfda30f8a.jpg

Sheppard: I don't know Teyla - do I have to think of everything?
                          You've still got it, gateraid!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
                            And Florida Bandmaster's Asssociation Festival today! That's where I'll be tonight - "interpreting" for the hard of hearing kid in band.

Yep, I started with Win 3.1, too. For the most part, Windows did what it was supposed to do. But lately it's really gotten too bloated. When you're getting BSoDs in spite of keeping your software up to date and running your antivirus and not clogging up your hard drive and your hardware is fine...there's a problem.
                            Thanks. Now I'm gonna be spending the rest of the day trying to figure out what BSoDs means. I think it's got something to do with guano, not not positive.

Nah, we just want something that works and is intuitive to use.
                            That too.

Comment

And Florida Bandmaster's Asssociation Festival today! That's where I'll be tonight - "interpreting" for the hard of hearing kid in band.

Thanks. Now I'm gonna be spending the rest of the day trying to figure out what BSoDs means. I think it's got something to do with guano, not not positive.

That too.
                              I can help with that. BSoD is the blue screen of death that you get on Windows, as opposed to the SBBoD or spinning beach ball of death you get on the Mac. But you'll notice that the SBBoD is less frequent and doesn't last as long. Sometimes it just means the machine is thinking.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                I can help with that. BSoD is the blue screen of death that you get on Windows, as opposed to the SBBoD or spinning beach ball of death you get on the Mac. But you'll notice that the SBBoD is less frequent and doesn't last as long. Sometimes it just means the machine is thinking.
                                Yup. In my case, it's usually because the regular spinny hard drive is trying to play catch-up to the solid state drive that's my primary drive. (OMG I wish they made bigger SSDs, they're awesome!)
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X