No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

(But I hold no illusions about USC's chances today... we're playing Notre Dame. )
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

(But I hold no illusions about USC's chances today... we're playing Notre Dame. )
      I just saw that on Gameday. That's a big game for you. I liked the segment on the interim coach. Do you hope they keep him? He seems like a good guy. I also saw Kiffin last week. Ego much? We have a bye day, so we'll be watching other people play. I love college football without the emotion. LOL
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I just saw that on Gameday. That's a big game for you. I liked the segment on the interim coach. Do you hope they keep him? He seems like a good guy. I also saw Kiffin last week. Ego much? We have a bye day, so we'll be watching other people play. I love college football without the emotion. LOL
        I'm in favor of keeping Coach O and seeing what he can do. A lot of people have commented on the fact that the players are just so much more energized and having FUN (the word fun is being used a lot) with Orgeron, unlike under Kiffin, where it was cold paint-by-numbers gameplay. Sure, Orgeron's record before stepping in at USC isn't all that great...but then again, Pete Carroll's wasn't, either. And just look at what he did. Not saying that it'll automatically be like the second coming, but I think there's potential.

And yeah, college football can be so much more fun when it's not your team, LOL!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          I'm in favor of keeping Coach O and seeing what he can do. A lot of people have commented on the fact that the players are just so much more energized and having FUN (the word fun is being used a lot) with Orgeron, unlike under Kiffin, where it was cold paint-by-numbers gameplay. Sure, Orgeron's record before stepping in at USC isn't all that great...but then again, Pete Carroll's wasn't, either. And just look at what he did. Not saying that it'll automatically be like the second coming, but I think there's potential.

And yeah, college football can be so much more fun when it's not your team, LOL!
          That's what I was thinking also. He seems to have a good attitude and the players all said it was much more fun. After all, they are just kids. They should love what they are doing and love their school.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't follow college football so I have no comments to make there, other than to wish you all well. College ball isn't a big thing in New England.

Anyway, I saw this on Tumblr and had to share it here too.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I don't follow college football so I have no comments to make there, other than to wish you all well. College ball isn't a big thing in New England.

Spoiler:

How very true.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

You're forgiven on the football. My college friends tried to get me interested for years, but it took having a kid at Virginia Tech to make me a fan.

That pic made me gasp out loud. Wow. Yes, it was that obvious to us too. Thanks for that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Missing you...

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 3 hours and 40 minutes until the First Contact post-a-thon!

Here's this week's College Football roundup: As I expected, USC lost to Notre Dame 14-10 (), Georgia lost to Vanderbilt 31-27, Navy lost to Toledo 45-44 (in two overtimes!), and Virginia Tech, Air Force, and UTSA all had byes this week.

You're forgiven on the football. My college friends tried to get me interested for years, but it took having a kid at Virginia Tech to make me a fan.
                      I got hooked when I was at USC. Never really understood the attraction before then. And the pros still bore me.

Spoiler:

Who knew Bart was a Sparky fan?

Comment

Sorry to say I have to miss the postathon again. I promise I am not avoiding them. SR Jr. and Miss M want to have an early dinner before leaving for their delayed honeymoon, so how can I say no? They are going to Thailand by the way. Unusual, but they got a great package deal.
                        sigpic

Comment

I do not know when I came here for the last time but I'm sure it was not yesterday.lol

A big hello and many kisses for my Saprky family. I didn't forget you.

I missed so many things. I just saw that Torri Higginson is on twitter.

I don't know what to say. Just I'm very happy to be back
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

S-minus 45 minutes to First Contact!

Sorry to say I have to miss the postathon again. I promise I am not avoiding them. SR Jr. and Miss M want to have an early dinner before leaving for their delayed honeymoon, so how can I say no? They are going to Thailand by the way. Unusual, but they got a great package deal.
                            Oooh, that sounds like fun! Have a good dinner, and I hope SR Jr. and Miss M enjoy their honeymoon!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            I do not know when I came here for the last time but I'm sure it was not yesterday.lol

Probie, welcome back! How are you doing? *hugs*

Comment

I'm here for the postathon. Let's see if I still remember how to get my snark on do this.

Understandable! And Thailand, wow! Hope they have fun!!!

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Probie! *glomps*

Comment

I couldn't remember on the way home which episode it was, but then I remembered it was the mid-season two-parter and got all excited because:

Then I realized I'm one week early. Dang it.

Comment

Working...
                                X