• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Nice manips Nolamom! Virtual green, as I can't give you any just yet!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          It definitely doesn't come with great memory. I swear my brain is leaking information at an alarming rate.
          I find wearing ear plugs help some.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          News flash: it gets much worse at 50 and then accelerates even more with each year. I won all the spelling bees in school. Now I can't spell some simple words. And the most annoying thing is when you try to say something like "I put the car in the garage" but you can't remember the word, so you say "that place on the side of the house where the car goes." I swear I'm not making this up. Annoying as hell. Plus time seems to go faster. I could have sworn yesterday was Thursday.
          I had the same problem when I worked for the local paper after college. Every story you wrote was dated for the next day's paper. I swear I started being a day early for things after six months.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          I like this one best, Nolamom.

Virtual green for you.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Great manips, Nolamom!!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            you too? I have increasing difficulty when lecturing to my student to recall the simplest words...total speech aphasia...of course, I have chronic migraines and that always short-circuits my brain as well
            I have chronic pain and I've read studies that say years of it will actually affect your brain, so we're both screwed. But yes, I will be unable to think of the word I'm looking for. Or sometimes I can't think of how to spell something that's very simple. Spell checker is a wonderful thing. Of course, my nephew just posted on FB using "too" when he meant "two" so it doesn't always fix things. I did manage to stop myself from correcting him.

News flash: it gets much worse at 50 and then accelerates even more with each year. I won all the spelling bees in school. Now I can't spell some simple words. And the most annoying thing is when you try to say something like "I put the car in the garage" but you can't remember the word, so you say "that place on the side of the house where the car goes." I swear I'm not making this up. Annoying as hell. Plus time seems to go faster. I could have sworn yesterday was Thursday.
            Yes, spelling! I was just writing about that above. I was typing the word "brain" and I started to type it as "brean". WTH is that?!?!?!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            We generally refer to the thing we can't remember as the "the thing, you know the thing, that thing, you know" or use hand motions. And then we mix up the hand signals and all goes to hell in a handbasket...

What's funny is when you're talking to someone like that and you both understand each other.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            So, telling the young brats to get off your lawn yet?
            Yes, and telling them to turn that noise they call music down.

Comment

*too lazy to quote*

Thanks for all the birthday wishes...I had a great day! (and JT we're not old, we're experienced )

SR my mom was going on about all of that memory-going-down-hill stuff the other day - she and my dad were watching Dogma (which makes me giggle - my folks watching Kevin Smith movies is just funny to me. even funnier? my dad digs Jay and Silent Bob ) and kept having to pause the movie to go check IMDb because they couldn't remember any of the actors' names...

as for not remember what things are called or how to spell things? I've been doing that for years...I've been blaming it on baby brain and just ignoring the fact that my "baby" is 3 days away from turning 7
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Also...I wrote a smutty little something for sparktober on LJ - since it's smut I can't link directly to it but here's a link to my fic journal in case anyone is interested. WARNING thanks to some RL naughtiness, I found myself very inspired. this is pretty much pure smutty PWP, so if you're not into that sorta thing you may want to skip it. If however, you're into gratuitous smut, here ya go!
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

What's funny is when you're talking to someone like that and you both understand each other.
                  My sister and I, and my aunt communicate about 50% of the time that way. Sometimes the conversation doesn't take any weird turns, other times it's more like... "Wha-?"
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                    *too lazy to quote*

Thanks for all the birthday wishes...I had a great day! (and JT we're not old, we're experienced )

SR my mom was going on about all of that memory-going-down-hill stuff the other day - she and my dad were watching Dogma (which makes me giggle - my folks watching Kevin Smith movies is just funny to me. even funnier? my dad digs Jay and Silent Bob ) and kept having to pause the movie to go check IMDb because they couldn't remember any of the actors' names...

as for not remember what things are called or how to spell things? I've been doing that for years...I've been blaming it on baby brain and just ignoring the fact that my "baby" is 3 days away from turning 7
                    Well, it's much too late for me to claim baby brain. I did manage to blame him for the weight I gained and still had after 8 years, but at some point I took responsibility. And then just the other day I read that Sarah Michelle Gellar gave birth 4 months before starting her new show , and I wanted to kick her.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Sorry I'm late Drew and SK--happy belated birthdays! \o/
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yes, and telling them to turn that noise they call music down.
                        Hah! Calling that audio garbage "noise" is demeaning to real noise. I think there's some jackhammers feeling insulted right now.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        Thanks! *hugs* Good to see you here; how's the busy football season going?
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, it's much too late for me to claim baby brain. I did manage to blame him for the weight I gained and still had after 8 years, but at some point I took responsibility. And then just the other day I read that Sarah Michelle Gellar gave birth 4 months before starting her new show , and I wanted to kick her.
                          I'm more willing to take responsibility for the weight I haven't lost yet than I am the memory issues...

Thanks! *hugs*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Hah! Calling that audio garbage "noise" is demeaning to real noise. I think there's some jackhammers feeling insulted right now.

Thanks! *hugs* Good to see you here; how's the busy football season going?
                            It's going. Slowly, busily, but going. *waves flag*
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Go Dawgs!
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good to hear! And Go Dawgs! (Hopefully my Trojans do well tonight...)

And now to a bit of threadkeeping news... It seems GW will be undergoing a server move sometime this weekend, and the latest word is it may be on Sunday. We'll see if this affects the post-a-thon (this week we're on First Contact). Stay tuned!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X