Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I should have listened to your warning. Why don't I ever listen? I never visited the set of either SGA or SG-1, but just from listening to things like this over the years, I've formed the opinion that certain people involved in SG-1 were immature and crude. This just confirms my opinion. I have a lot more to say, but I'll save it because my grandma always said...well you know what she said.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, SR.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      Ummm, wow! Almost makes me wonder what they say in private if they are willing to be that 'honest' with a filming audience!

and just because I can

Wow. Like JT-2 said, you are so good at this, Madness reigns.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Hmmm, that is disappointing. My guess is that when Chris was talking about Amanda going over, he's actually talking about earlier on. From what I understand there was talk about having her as part of the initial cast, then giving her the Deadalus in s2, then the Odyssey and making her the bridge between the two series (the s10 ep where everyone falls asleep was initially meant to be the Odyssey crew stumbling into that), so them wanting Amanda there was always part of the plan, mostly because by the end of s7 they'd pretty much run out of ideas for Carter on SG-1 (s8 was basically tying up loose ends - it's not like they focused on her role as leader).

And whilst I agree with the criticism about SG-1 taking over SGA, in all fairness to those involved, I suspect part of that was because they'd worked with those people for a decade and wanted to see them employed. I imagine they merged a lot of the production staff after SG-1 ended, but we don't generally hear about that side of things. Bringing Teal'C & Daniel over - especially if they'd done it early on - would have killed the show. If they'd run out of stories to tell with them on SG-1, putting them in another galaxy wouldn't exactly shake things up.
        There was much talk about bringing people over to SGA well before S4, and the SGA fans were always largely opposed. Not that anything we said ever mattered to TPTB.

All of that said, I am disappointed to hear that. Not surprised, just disappointed. It wasn't so much what Chris said, more his response before he started that story.

Again, to be fair to them, they've probably been asked those sorts of questions for years. At a certain point you/they would probably get sick of giving a pat response

Love it
        Again to paraphrase Grandma, you can always find something good to say. I once worked with a woman who was clinically depressed and wore the same ratty cardigan every single day. When people asked me about her, I always said "She's very artistic." Which she was. Or if in keeping with the atmosphere of good-natured joking, you make what sounds like a nasty comment about someone, you let the audience know you're kidding by saying how much you like that person. That's just common courtesy.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        I'm kind of sorry I even saw the vid myself although I found it interesting, and probably should have thought twice before sharing it. Kind of like finding out how sausage is made I suppose .
        And I think they knew Joe was going to be the one to raise holy heck about the cast changes and were trying to smooth things over. Guess it didn't work too well.

ETA:
        Spoiler:
        And would CJ honestly have been happier if JF had asked him if he grew up throwing things at certain people?
        spoiled for sour grapes.
        That part you spoiled is actually the worst comment that was made.
        Spoiler:
        It sounds like someone might have been looking for a reason not to like the new guy.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! (oh yeah, and Hell on Wheels is on tonight, too!)

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
          I'm kind of sorry I even saw the vid myself although I found it interesting, and probably should have thought twice before sharing it. Kind of like finding out how sausage is made I suppose .
          And I think they knew Joe was going to be the one to raise holy heck about the cast changes and were trying to smooth things over. Guess it didn't work too well.

ETA:
          Spoiler:
          And would CJ honestly have been happier if JF had asked him if he grew up throwing things at certain people?
          spoiled for sour grapes.
          About that bit under spoiler: Wow. Just...wow. Sour grapes is right!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! (oh yeah, and Hell on Wheels is on tonight, too!)

Somehow my college football excitement has fallen to a new low. But HOW still has me this excited. Though a certain happening in a certain scene is strangely reminiscent of a certain happening in a certain scene in Conversion. Back off, shippers. Anson said it ain't what you think. *nods firmly*
            sigpic

Comment

Somehow my college football excitement has fallen to a new low. But HOW still has me this excited. Though a certain happening in a certain scene is strangely reminiscent of a certain happening in a certain scene in Conversion. Back off, shippers. Anson said it ain't what you think. *nods firmly*
              *cackles* Gawd, tonight's episode is gonna be So. Much. Fun!

(needless to say, I will be switching away from the USC/Washington State game for HoW. Sorry, boys, but I gotta watch Cullen. )
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*cackles* Gawd, tonight's episode is gonna be So. Much. Fun!

(needless to say, I will be switching away from the USC/Washington State game for HoW. Sorry, boys, but I gotta watch Cullen. )
                You're a more loyal fan than I am. We'll be DVRing it. Mr. SR and I don't watch anything live except football and even then, if possible, we DVR the first hour and avoid spoilers. Hate commercials with a white hot hatred of a thousand suns. So mad that we have to watch the VT game today on ESPN3. Tonight we have a bunch of Duck Dynasty shows to catch up on. Our new favorite.
                sigpic

Comment

There was much talk about bringing people over to SGA well before S4, and the SGA fans were always largely opposed. Not that anything we said ever mattered to TPTB.
                  I know it's wrong to say "I told you so", but........

Again to paraphrase Grandma, you can always find something good to say. I once worked with a woman who was clinically depressed and wore the same ratty cardigan every single day. When people asked me about her, I always said "She's very artistic." Which she was. Or if in keeping with the atmosphere of good-natured joking, you make what sounds like a nasty comment about someone, you let the audience know you're kidding by saying how much you like that person. That's just common courtesy.
                  Yes, well, this is the kinder, gentler gateraid Much of the stuff TPTW did I did not agree with, but perhaps if they'd gone about it in a better way, they might have endeared themselves to fans a lot better.

That part you spoiled is actually the worst comment that was made.
                  Spoiler:
                  It sounds like someone might have been looking for a reason not to like the new guy.
                  Personality wise, I'm probably closer to CJ than JF, so in some respects I can see where he's coming from. I wouldn't have told the story in that manner though, especially if I liked the guy. The part that makes me think he just plain didn't like Joe is the pause at the start.

I had a paragraph here about Joe's personality but I thought better of it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Wow, more beautiful artwork!! You're so good at that stuff.
                    Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Wow. Like JT-2 said, you are so good at this, Madness reigns.
                    Thanks. Though to be fair most of the time my artwork is just a case of pure luck that everything looks okay when it's thrown together! I have zero artistic ability in the real world

Love it
                    Just beautiful.
                    Thank you

And again, just because

sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Thanks. Though to be fair most of the time my artwork is just a case of pure luck that everything looks okay when it's thrown together! I have zero artistic ability in the real world

Thank you

And again, just because

And nobody did replace her. So much so that John was all alone while everyone else had paired off.

Comment

And nobody did replace her. So much so that John was all alone while everyone else had paired off.
                        Feel sorry for the poor guy. The only way he can find any kind of happiness with Elizabeth is through fanfiction.
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

And again, just because

If that's pure luck, I wish I was as lucky as you. I have no artistic talent what so ever, my stick figures look really bad.

Comment

Poor John, he didn't deserve this

Comment

Yeah, but look at who they were paired with.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but look at who they were paired with.
                                Good point. It could have been a whole lot worse.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X